Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3X12 "Our Father" ***Caution may contain Spoilers***

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The series finale is next week yeah?

No, the volume finale is next week. There's still half a season (i.e. volume 4) to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Utter shite ending. My head hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

It's so thoughtful of Sylar to go to the trouble of using his "husky" voice so we know when he's being pure evil again.

It would have been fun if the first super-soldier guy had some lame power, like, I don't know, a super sense of smell, or the ability to ripen fruit or something.

Some fairly random questions that occur to me:

Why did Hiro want the catalyst? Attention seeking, if you ask me.

If the original founders made a catalyst and gave it to Mammy Nakamura then why couldn't Pinehurst make another? Or was Mammy Nakamura somehow born with the catalyst or some ****?

Come to think of it, why would the company go to all the trouble of perfecting the formula and using it for a little while, then decide it's pure world-destroying evil, yet not destroy it, but lock it up as if saving it for a rainy day? Bleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

On the surface, it seemed a very good episode, but when you think about it for a minute, it was actually pretty crap.

When Daddy Patrelli turned up on the roof top to meet Hiro and Claire, why did he say "Looks like I arrived in the nick of time"? You're a time traveler, there is no nick of time. If you miss something, just go back and do it again. On that note, he knew that Hiro's mother had the catalyst (which turns out to be some kind of magic light :confused: ), why not just go and take it from her, why wait until Hiro had taken it? Also, how did he know where and when to go? Lazy writing.

Then there's Hiro. I know he always shuts his eyes when he travels, but it's hardly an absolute requirement now is it? Surely when Patrelli held his eyes open, he could still have jumped out of there. Or at least it looked like that's what he was doing to prevent him from jumping away. Lame, to say the least.

So, in conclusion, it looked great, but was actually crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cabaal wrote: »
    I liked it up until Peter's dad went back in time and took Hiro's powers, that just seemed out of place for some strange reason....good otherwise :)
    It seemed out of place because it was just too easy. They have developed Hiro as a clumsy but not a stupid character. He knew what Arthur Petrelli was capable of, yet he still stood there and basically said, "Leave me alone, bad man", then gave Arthur plenty of time to just take it from him.

We've seen similar things in the past where you're screaming at the screen saying, "Why doesn't he just use his frickin' power?", but in Hiro's case it had been well established that Hiro reacted quickly with his power whenever he got into trouble. In fact, that's all he did. But then they change it and suddenly he's incapable of acting quickly.

What we've been seeing is good potential story arcs being destroyed in the space of a couple of minutes. First it was Hiro's half of the formula - he takes it out and 2 minutes later it's gone. Fine, it was required for the main arc, but he lost it far too easily. They could have dragged out at least another episode before Daphne steals it. The catalyst was exactly the same. They make a big deal about Hiro and his mother and Hiro changing from a child to a responsible, focussed adult, but then kill what could have been a useful plot device/story arc, a few seconds after it started.

Though it does look to a certain extent like there's been something of a reset button pressed. Arthur was just never evil enough. He was like a lazy Sylar - you knew he didn't really give a **** about anyone, but he just seemed to let people wander around despite being a pain in his ass. Now Sylar is back to his extra-evil self, yay.
    It also looks like Peter will get his power back with this formula. My suspicion is that we're back to the previous Petrelli -v- Petrelli thing where Nathan is making small Army of supermen and Peter is fighting to stop them, while at the same time trying to not get caught by Sylar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

So we saw the bullet going through Arthur's brain, so shouldnt he just regenerate??

I liked the scenes with Hiro's ma

And what was that light comin out of Arthur? The Catylyst, or the powers he stole?

AND, How come the Hatian wasnt strong enough to "hold" Arthur, but Sylar was

That new girl with the lie power seemed interesting, then bam, she's gone

and where did he get all them numbers??

Questions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

unreggd wrote: »
    AND, How come the Hatian wasnt strong enough to "hold" Arthur, but Sylar was

Sylar was holding him telekinetically, not blocking his powers.

That new girl with the lie power seemed interesting, then bam, she's gone

and where did he get all them numbers??

From Elle's phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I really enjoyed that episode. TBH if you over analyse any show you will find holes in it. My one requirement is did this entertain me and yes it bloody did.

Mmmmmmm Cake !!! Classic !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 OmarChase

So we saw the bullet going through Arthur's brain, so shouldnt he just regenerate??

yeah didnt angela petrelli say that he needs to be shot in the back of the head?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

looks like is it just me to think that 'super-soldier' idea is extremely lame,n00b,outdated,incredibly stupid in a commercial item.what year is it now?1808?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

My 2c on the Arthur Hatian thing. The Hatian was focused on Arthur rendering him powerless, so Sylar comes in, freezes the two of them at that point meaning the Hatian remains fixed on Arthur. Clear as mud.

As for the episode, i thought we were finally getting a decent episode. "hiro Lost in Time" made me wonder if he was going to head back in time deliberatley to ensure the catalyst remains out of the hands of the company **BANG** Arthur inexplicably appears and nicks the power. Stupid writers. Doesn't make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    "hiro Lost in Time" made me wonder if he was going to head back in time deliberatley to ensure the catalyst remains out of the hands of the company **BANG** Arthur inexplicably appears and nicks the power. Stupid writers. Doesn't make sense!
    Yeah, actually that was my thinking too - that Hiro knew if he went back to the present, there would be trouble, so I thought there was going to be some mini arc about Hiro fleeing from Arthur by jumping about randomly in time.

Advertisement