Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wezz

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Yes, Reillyman would definitely remember an unusual event like that! :pac:

Care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

the what now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Fad wrote: »
    City Hall? WHAA'?

Smelly little rugby club disco.
    Ah right, mebbes more Garryduff then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dublin4Life

some tapping next week

• Registered Users Posts: 48 iwillrocku

how old do you have to be to goto wezz

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's an under-age disco, so I'd say 13 or 14 would be the usual age for such things.

Anybody know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 iwillrocku

where is it aswell

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's an under-age disco, so I'd say 13 or 14 would be the usual age for such things.

Anybody know for sure?
    There's a few different versions AFAIR.

EDIT: Here ya go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Ah,anybody being to good old Mohill? I miss being young enough to go to them :( The craic was had! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

iwillrocku wrote: »
    where is it aswell
    The Old Wesley rugby club[The wezz] in Donnybrook across from the filling station

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

greetings wrote: »
    Ah,anybody being to good old Mohill? I miss being young enough to go to them :( The craic was had! :D

Wouldn't ya know you were from Sligo? :P

Ah Mohill. *shudders* >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Hotaru wrote: »
    Wouldn't ya know you were from Sligo? :P

Ah Mohill. *shudders* >_<

Ah, I never went to Mohill.
    Banada was the place to be.
    Why? O DEAR GOD WHY?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Ah, I never went to Mohill.
    Banada was the place to be.
    Why? O DEAR GOD WHY?
    oh Banada,I'll never forget the sweat dropping from the roof in that place.I wonder how sh!te it'd seem now compared to some of the places I've been

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Aww underage discos were the best. We used to go to one in Tullamore that had a very bad reputation and from what I hear it has gotten worse. Our parents used to hate us going but we were in the relatively well behaved minority. Good times. What I wouldn't give for one more night back there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Aww underage discos were the best. We used to go to one in Tullamore that had a very bad reputation and from what I hear it has gotten worse. Our parents used to hate us going but we were in the relatively well behaved minority. Good times. What I wouldn't give for one more night back there! :D

Was it called The Harriers or something?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Novella wrote: »
    Was it called The Harriers or something?!

I have a cousin who used to go there, that was a good 10 years ago! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have a cousin who used to go there, that was a good 10 years ago! :D

I think it still exists! Maybe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Novella wrote: »
    I think it still exists! Maybe!

Oh yeah, it still exists.
    I'm from Tullamore, but I only went a few times because it is actually the biggest knacker*-hole on the face of the planet. My dad works with the local paper and apperently there trying to do a piece on the underage age drinking at it. Though in fairness there's not much the people who run it can do, when I went all the girls hid vodka in perfume bottles in their bras...what can they do, strip search them?

*by which, of course I mean run-of-the-mill scumbags as opposed to any slur against travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

illiop wrote: »
    Oh yeah, it still exists.
    I'm from Tullamore, but I only went a few times because it is actually the biggest knacker*-hole on the face of the planet. My dad works with the local paper and apperently there trying to do a piece on the underage age drinking at it. Though in fairness there's not much the people who run it can do, when I went all the girls hid vodka in perfume bottles in their bras...what can they do, strip search them?

*by which, of course I mean run-of-the-mill scumbags as opposed to any slur against travellers.
    Oh it still exists alright. And yeah it was full of scumbags who were pissed off their faces. We went just to dance and see friends from other schools, we never took part in all that drinking. I used to see girls downing naggins of vodka in the smoking area. I remember being horrified. I don't think my parents knew the half of what went on. I just used to stay away from all that. I went loads of time but my sister only ever went once so it's probably gotten worse in the few years since I've been there. I used to love how the Gardaí were used to sit outside it in a riot van every Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Piste wrote: »
    The "Teenage Kicks" disco (or "Spin" as all the 13 year olds call it) is like a younger version of Wezz. It really goes:

1st year- Spin
    2nd/3rd Year- Baby Wezz
    3rd/4th year- Old Wezz
    5th year- Back to Wezz
    6th year- Real pubs and Clubs.

In my day 4th year was Baby Bondi/Burn/Blakes/Tribe (am I missing one?)

Like its a complete scoring slut out. But thats it. It's just cause its D4 people seem to think there is a ridic amount of virginity getting lost there. Innocent kissing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

ohthebaby wrote: »
    What I wouldn't give for one more night back there! :D

WILL YOU MEET MY FRIEND?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

Ah the Harriers. . :L sweat running of the walls. . Ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Anyone familiar with the "Gizer" in Limerick (actually called the Energizer). Renowned for its less than savioury activities

Anyone familiar with the "Gizer" in Limerick (actually called the Energizer). Renowned for its less than savioury activities

Never made it to one of those. I've heard all the rumours though ;)

Docs (before it was re-branded Trinity Rooms) used to do some amazing under-age discos around the same time the Energizer was starting off.

Never made it to one of those. I've heard all the rumours though ;)

Docs (before it was re-branded Trinity Rooms) used to do some amazing under-age discos around the same time the Energizer was starting off.

Did you ever hear about the guy who accidentally...................actually probably not an appropriate place to post that :p

With all the kids trooms let in it may aswell still be an underage disco :p

Did you ever hear about the guy who accidentally...................actually probably not an appropriate place to post that :p

If that's the story about siblings and blind-folds, it's one of the oldest urban legends in the world...

If that's the story about siblings and blind-folds, it's one of the oldest urban legends in the world...

I've heard that one but this one is far more simple! :p

Advertisement