Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wezz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

jumpguy wrote: »
    Because they're illegal and boards is liable for whatever is said on their website. You talk about fake ID's as in "loads of my friends have fake ID's and use them to get into the local club" but you can't name the club. Think that's it anyway.

I dont think they are anymore (That high court ruling, regarding MCD clarified that afaik).

But they are illegal, and I'm pretty sure Boards isnt big into promoting illegality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Anyway here ever at the TF discos in Castlebar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Sure was! Spent many a drunken night in that place. It was safe enough when it first started but in the last 2 years or so its completely full of scum.

Reillyman wrote: »
    Sure was! Spent many a drunken night in that place. It was safe enough when it first started but in the last 2 years or so its completely full of scum.

You mean its gotten worse than before? :eek:

May God have mercy on us all....

You mean its gotten worse than before? :eek:

May God have mercy on us all....

Why, when did you go? I thought it only started around '05?

• Advertisement

Because they're illegal and boards is liable for whatever is said on their website. You talk about fake ID's as in "loads of my friends have fake ID's and use them to get into the local club" but you can't name the club. Think that's it anyway.

AFAIK fake ID's aren't illegal:confused:

If you forge or doctor a government issued document, passport, black ID etc, then that's illegal, but the fake ID's you get off the net aren't, as long as they're not a copy of a government issued document.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Harriers in Tullamore anyone?.. Bit of a kiphole, Laois vs. Offaly, but by all accounts not even nearly half as bad as it used to be for rows. For 16+ but I started going when I was 14. People get bored of it by the time they've turned 16 usually.

Why, when did you go? I thought it only started around '05?

I used to be there 2006/2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

AFAIK fake ID's aren't illegal:confused:

If you forge or doctor a government issued document, passport, black ID etc, then that's illegal, but the fake ID's you get off the net aren't, as long as they're not a copy of a government issued document.
    Huh? Many fake ID's I know are forged driver license's. Infact, I know no fake ID's that aren't essentially forged government documents. Just stick to the rules, don't post how to get them, NAMING venues you used them in. You can talk about them aslong as you stick to those rules.

/back-seat modding

Huh? Many fake ID's I know are forged driver license's. Infact, I know no fake ID's that aren't essentially forged government documents. Just stick to the rules, don't post how to get them, NAMING venues you used them in. You can talk about them aslong as you stick to those rules.

/back-seat modding

Understood. But I'm just saying that a Fake ID is perfectly legal. Someone that changes the DOB on theor driving license does not have a Fake ID, they have a doctored driving license. A fake ID is one thats not a copy of anything, and therefore, perfectly legal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

No.

Mantra, Welcome Inn is where everyone goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Both the TF and Welcome Inn suck equally in my opinion.
    They both had their advantages.

You were guaranteed a good scrap outside mantra and you could always pop across to the chinese for a rice special while watching the so said fight.

With the TF, there seemed to be a lot less scum. They did have that white room running for a bit which played a lot of indie music ( me likey ).

Nowadays, I prefer to hand neither establishment my money, and I get ****faced at a friends house instead. :)

Also, I believe I can tell who K4t and reillyman are by their usernames alone. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Both the TF and Welcome Inn suck equally in my opinion.
    They both had their advantages.

Hold the phone, you mean disadvantages,right?!

Mantra smells of puke,but you can combat this by getting loaded lol, imo you are far less likely to see a fight outside, than

TF which is full of jips and scummers,which is a shame because I like the setup there. None of the Castlebar locals go there,odd!

Ha, just trawled through youtube there and found these two vids which pretty much sum up mantra for me.

First, Paddy Joe Tidghes mixture of an epileptic seizure with riverdance

And then this.........

I was only at Mantra once, I preferred it to TF but everyone from East Mayo seems to got to TF more often. Then there were the friay nights at the cinema, where a fight broke out every 2 minutes.

Anybody further east ever go to River Island, Castlerea?

donmeister wrote: »
    TF which is full of jips and scummers,which is a shame because I like the setup there. None of the Castlebar locals go there,odd!

Yup, dead on. I'm a Castlebar local, and we kinda stopped goin after 3rd year because the place was crawling with Tuam/Gyp scum.

Whoever said that you were gauranteed a fight outside mantra, I presume your talking about the overage disco:confused: the TF was where all the battles were at the teenage ones.

Also, I believe I can tell who K4t and reillyman are by their usernames alone. :pac:

Go on then, I have a few suspicions of who this is aswell:P

Yup, dead on. I'm a Castlebar local, and we kinda stopped goin after 3rd year because the place was crawling with Tuam/Gyp scum.

Whoever said that you were gauranteed a fight outside mantra, I presume your talking about the overage disco:confused: the TF was where all the battles were at the teenage ones.

The words you never wanted to hear at a disco anywhere in the west... "Theres a busload of Tuams here!"

The words you never wanted to hear at a disco anywhere in the west... "Theres a busload of Tuams here!"

Haha, captured it perfectly. Not beacuse they were hard though, because they just went around attacking random people...

• Advertisement

Haha, captured it perfectly. Not beacuse they were hard though, because they just went around attacking random people...

'ARE YOU LOOKIN AT ME YA ****IN BUFFER!'

Don't think the Dubs will be too happy about the thread being brought "off-topic" by a gang of "culchies":D

O RLY?!
    Ha! Had to laugh a few months ago a busload of them (16 and 17 year olds) came down to a youth disco at mantra and fcked the junior certs up. :D

Most Castlebar people tend to go to Mantra anyway but from what I hear, the Castlecourt in Westport is the palce to be on a night out.

Don't think the Dubs will be too happy about the thread being brought "off-topic" by a gang of "culchies":D

Feck them and their 'Wezz', Mayos where the real story is. Drinkin, Fightin, Rollin around, and a bitta Shmoke.

Go on then, I have a few suspicions of who this is aswell:P

Shane?
    O RLY?!

2he?

Shane?
    I know that lad. Mad altogether. Saw him in the mandarin a while back actually.:pac:
    2he?
    Nope. Who the fck are you anyway?:confused:

Aha but if you arent then how did you know that "2he" was a name. ;)
    A person who is not named "2he" would reply..... "what the fcuk is 2he"

Thus, you are "2he".

Hehehehehehohohohohhahahahheheheheh

Aha but if you arent then how did you know that "2he" was a name. ;)
    A person who is not named "2he" would reply..... "what the fcuk is 2he"

Thus, you are "2he".

Hehehehehehohohohohhahahahheheheheh
    I know a few 'Touhy's' actually! You must think I'm from Cbar, thinking I wouldn't understand something basic like that. :pac:

Ok quay wran

• Advertisement

Haha I know 'who you think I am' very well. :D

I'll take this to pm.

Advertisement