Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evidence

Options
  • 02-12-2008 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Can anyone provide verifiable evidence to support any of the alleged conspracys posted on this form. Or any evidence provided by reputible sources ie peer reviewed journels as opposed to Youtube, Wikipedia or some blokes web site.

This post is not intentionally directed at poster or allged conspiracy in paticular.
    But I would be very intrested in any proof that can be provided to substanciate the claims made here.

Kind Regards
    Starn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

starn wrote: »
    Can anyone provide verifiable evidence to support any of the alleged conspracys posted on this form. Or any evidence provided by reputible sources ie peer reviewed journels as opposed to Youtube, Wikipedia or some blokes web site.

This post is not intentionally directed at poster or allged conspiracy in paticular.
    But I would be very intrested in any proof that can be provided to substanciate the claims made here.

Kind Regards
    Starn

Usually ask most days, but you get alot of hearsay and links to newspaper reports that have no bearing. Fair play if you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Anytakers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Erm, more or less......no

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Conspiracy theories are just that: Theories about conspiracies. The emphasis is on the conspiracy bit. That means that somebody has been deliberately covering up the evidence. So it's expected that there will be less evidential support for the theories than one might like.

With that said, some people (not just on this board but in this area in general) take advantage of this aspect of conspiracy theories and use it as an excuse to make up some crazy story without providing a shred of evidence.

javaboy wrote: »
    Conspiracy theories are just that: Theories about conspiracies. The emphasis is on the conspiracy bit. That means that somebody has been deliberately covering up the evidence. So it's expected that there will be less evidential support for the theories than one might like.

With that said, some people (not just on this board but in this area in general) take advantage of this aspect of conspiracy theories and use it as an excuse to make up some crazy story without providing a shred of evidence.

No I understand that. But given the nature and the high level of some of the threats stated (Conspiracys with in the EU parliment, faked moon landings) here [Iam in no way trying to single out single thread or pick on any poster] there has to be something more then the ramblings of a unknown source or some blokes youtube video to back up the alllegations.

Otherwise what is stopping me from coming up with exspsoing a CT along the lines that all Letrim is actually a giant lake and not a county. The goverment atually made it up to recive EU funding. With the advent of satalite photography. The Irish goverment approached the US Navy allowing them to to test battleships secretly in Lake Letrim in return for secret payments and photoshopping all saltalite photography so that letrim appears as a landmass. Everyperson you have everment from letrim is a actor hired by the irish goverment. From source for this is a documentry on Youtube made by two TY students and a goverment insider [postman] from Ballbriggan. That the Irish govermenyt and US Navey has tried to suprese.

• Advertisement

No I understand that. But given the nature and the high level of some of the threats stated (Conspiracys with in the EU parliment, faked moon landings) here [Iam in no way trying to single out single thread or pick on any poster] there has to be something more then the ramblings of a unknown source or some blokes youtube video to back up the alllegations.

Otherwise what is stopping me from coming up with a CT along the lines that all Letrim is actually a giant lake and not a county. The goverment atually made it up to recive EU funding. With the advent of satalite photography. The Irish goverment approached the US Navy allowing them to to test battleships secretly in Lake Letrim in return for secret payments and photoshopping all saltalite photography so that letrim appears as a landmass. Everyperson you have everment from letrim is a actor hired by the irish goverment. From source for this is a documentry on Youtube made by two TY students and a goverment insider [postman] from Ballbriggan. That the Irish govermenyt and US Navey has tried to suprese.

Im sure someone would run with that. Add in some CCTV cameras, "expert" opinions, RFID chips, and a pinch of world bank and you're onto a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Letrim is actually a giant lake and not a county. The goverment atually made it up to recive EU funding. With the advent of satalite photography. The Irish goverment approached the US Navy allowing them to to test battleships secretly in Lake Letrim in return for secret payments and photoshopping all saltalite photography so that letrim appears as a landmass. Everyperson you have everment from letrim is a actor hired by the irish goverment. From source for this is a documentry on Youtube made by two TY students and a goverment insider [postman] from Ballbriggan. That the Irish govermenyt and US Navey has tried to suprese.

Holy christ :eek:

That explains why I've never met a single person from Letrim and I have never been there.

Thanks for opening my eyes :cool:

Its funny you should say that. I cant say to much, without fearing for my safty and the safty of my family but I know others who want to come forward

Holy christ :eek:

That explains why I've never met a single person from Letrim and I have never been there.

Thanks for opening my eyes :cool:

All roads thru Letrim lead around the lake. There panorama on view are actually giant plasma screens on the verge of all the roads. Projecting a video feed from Kerry. With computer animators from the IMF {who are being used to launder the ill gotten gains} to add in the prevalent wheather conditions. I saw this on a website somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

random example... The Force Research Unit (FRU) in the North. The British Government were running double agents for over 20 years. Involved in bomb making, murder, and shooting RUC men.

• Advertisement

random example... The Force Research Unit (FRU) in the North. The British Government were running double agents for over 20 years. Involved in bomb making, murder, and shooting RUC men.

One example. By saying random you'd sweat there we're hundred of them to choose from.

Im sorry random example of what ?????????

Random example Donuts

One example. By saying random you'd sweat there we're hundred of them to choose from.

okay, random example; The sinking of the USS Liberty. This site was set up by surviving crewmen.

http://www.gtr5.com/quotes.htm

Im sorry random example of what ?????????

Random example Donuts

Evidence?

Stevens Report, 3

http://www.madden-finucane.com/patfinucane/archive/pat_finucane/2003-04-17_stevens_report.pdf

Westminister Debate

http://www.madden-finucane.com/patfinucane/archive/pat_finucane/2003-05-14.htm

Press Release by NGO's

http://www.madden-finucane.com/patfinucane/archive/pat_finucane/2003-04-16.htm

Think I might have ballsed that up a bit.

Im sorry Ive never heared of the USS Liberty can you please explain your point a little more clearly. Im afaid I can be quite slow when it comes to these things.

Random example Ice Cream

www.benandjerrys.ie

This web site was set by someone who works for Ben and Jerrys

Your not cmparing like with like. It was assumed for years by most members of the public that the British Army and RUC where colluding with elements within the RUC. The papers had allegations on this almost eveyweek, from rats with in the paramillitarys. Given the way that the British Army and RUC where targeted by the IRA and its splinter groups its quite understandalby to see how members with in the organisations were so willing to collude.

As side from some posters here and on other web sites I have NEVER seen allegations in any repected Irish or European newspaper alleging that members within the The EU parliment had a secret agenda of a establashing a NWO.

Anyway unless there NWO is to be a province in a global China. There not going to get very far. Im more worried about what China might do then some secret organisation. For which there is not a shread of proof to support its exsistance.

Have none of these NWO people never heared of a death bed confession. Surely someone would of tried to come clean by now. Or are they immortal like Christopher Lambert in Highlander

I'm not comparing anything. So you know the FRU had infiltrated and had hitmen in the UDA too?.

If that is not subsersive and sinister and therefore a conspiracy, I don't know what is.

You asked for one I gave you one, despite the fact the originial post was contradictory. How can anything "alleged" be "verifiable"?

On the basis of that, is not an enormous leap of faith to believe that some of this is possible:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=KEE20050925&articleId=994

Therein lies the conspiracy theory "alleged" and "unverified". I'm not convinced one way or the other, but possible, yes?

okay, random example; The sinking of the USS Liberty. This site was set up by surviving crewmen.

http://www.gtr5.com/quotes.htm

Im sorry I havent read this properly. But Im just wondering why would Isreal attack a US navel vessel. Since 1949 Isreal has recived more then 90 BILLION dollars in support from the US goverment along with numerous other donations from private indivuals. Why justification would they have to attack the US.

I cant think of any, can you

On the basis of that, is not an enormous leap of faith to believe that some of this is possible:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=KEE20050925&articleId=994

Therein lies the conspiracy theory "alleged" and "unverified". I'm not convinced one way or the other, but possible, yes?

Im sorry on the basis of what. I really am quite slow so you need to be clereared with your posts please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 strawberry-pc

The Resistance Manifesto

http://www.theresistancemanifesto.com/

And your eyes will be wide open

The Resistance Manifesto

The youtube ad is like a plot to a bad B movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I think I'm in love with starn.

King Mob wrote: »
    I think I'm in love with starn.

Hes a bit good.

The Resistance Manifesto

It kinda reminds me of a trailer for the video game Desus Ex 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVZB5CJSHjM

I'm not comparing anything. So you know the FRU had infiltrated and had hitmen in the UDA too?.

If that is not subsersive and sinister and therefore a conspiracy, I don't know what is.

You asked for one I gave you one, despite the fact the originial post was contradictory. How can anything "alleged" be "verifiable"?

No I have never heared of the FRU. I do know that a number of middle ranking Military officers and High ranking RUC officers independantly coluded with member of the UDA.

In the second part of your post youve taken my words out of context.

But to explain my point if I alleged that someone stole a copy of Combat form a newsagents. I can examine a security tape and verify if you did indeed steel the magazine

With the example of the north you looking at independant acts of collusion by indivual and unconneted members of the security servies.

The definion of a conspiracy is as follows

# a secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act
    # a plot to carry out some harmful or illegal act (especially a political plot)

So if me and you decide to go out and rob a shop, and dont tell anyone about it before hand. Well then yes thats a conspiracy, and its very hard to prove that we conspiraed to do it. If we plan to make it spontanious. In a case like that I would accept yes that its very hard to prove we conspired to do it.

But thats not the type of disccused here. Here we have grandoise plans for world domination or trackin peple with RFID {Why would anyone bother} conspiracys that require hundreds and thosands of people. But yet there is not one scrape of evidence or one credile whistleblower. Not one Iota.

Have you ever tried to keep a secret with a small group of friends its impossile.

All I want is one piece of tangiable evidence to soemof the CT here. TBH im insulted by the some of the tat ive seen reported endorsing some of the CT. I saw one writing off the moon mission on the geological reports. By trade Im a geologist Ive seen thos reports. There very thorough, very detailed and cntain years of work. Why on Earth would anybody bother trying to fake that. Whats the point if the Russians can track the rockets and listen in on the radio transmissions there going to know. No one went to the moon. So why bother. The only people who benifit are those writting books on how the moonlanding were facked.
    Im very sorry if ive gone off in a bit of a rant but its late and im tired. But please take on board what im saying.
    Ask your self why. Why would Isreal decide to attack the United States. I cant think of a single reason. I put it to you to give me one. How would in serve Isreal to attack the US what would they have to gain.

Im using Isreal and FRU as random examples. So before you put another random example up. Can you please address my points

Kind Regards
    Starn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Im sorry I havent read this properly. But Im just wondering why would Isreal attack a US navel vessel. Since 1949 Isreal has recived more then 90 BILLION dollars in support from the US goverment along with numerous other donations from private indivuals. Why justification would they have to attack the US.

I cant think of any, can you

Do you accept now however that they did attack it, does the fact that 'you never heard of it before' suggest that it may have been covered up, do you feel slightly suspicious that someone somewhere conspired to hide the truth

but on to your last point, YOU cant think of a reason, so therefore there isnt one, is that what you are saying?

conventional wisdom amongst the CT community is that the IDF intended to Sink the Liberty and blame the Arabs with whom they were at war, another Tonkin incident if you will, however once the Liberty managed to get a signal out they had to stop.

what about the other links, it is fairly well documented that members of the British security forces were involved in terrorist activities throughout the troubles in Northern Ireland, it has also been postulated that without their involvement the death toll may have been a lot lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Enter Starn. A man on a mission, the mission, to troll. He brings the_commander, a new user by all accounts as his faithful companion - because if someone agrees with you, that makes your logic even more impervious to rebuke.

A man who doesn't believe in a new world order. A man who wants peer reviewed scientific evidence for non-scientific politics [unless you consider sociology, economics and eugenics as sciences] which by definition are not broadcast to the general populace (the profane). But starn is about to start posting outside of the normal realms of boards. Starn has posted on, the conspiracy zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a9Syi12RJo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv5cqh26CC0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bKwH3kJew4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkKbE9qCzQo&feature=related

Check those out for starters. Just because I know you love youtube. Love. K.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

is fairly well documented that members of the British security forces were involved in terrorist activities throughout the troubles in Northern Ireland, it has also been postulated that without their involvement the death toll may have been a lot lower.

Tell him how Watergate would be a load of old ****e except it was proven in the end! :) Although now the pseudo-skeptics claim that as evidence against other conspiracies being real. Such bad logic... Pseudo skeptics are like the borg, they just assimilate everything into their arguments and dismiss what doesn't fit. An accusation often levelled at conspiracy theorists (often correct too, admittedly).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Kernel wrote: »
    A man who wants peer reviewed scientific evidence for non-scientific politics [unless you consider sociology, economics and eugenics as sciences] which by definition are not broadcast to the general populace (the profane).
    You know history papers and political science papers are subject to peer review as well. Most papers are available to the public as well. But a citation works almost as well.
    Hell, anything other than misinterpreted news articles and the websites of people with mental issues would make a welcome change.

Advertisement