Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Galway car mechanic needed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Yardleys Lavender

Kilduff's Garage is around the corner from NUIG in Nun's Island. Farrell's garage out past the diving tower beside the golf course. Loads of little garages on the Moycullen road would be handy for NUIG too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is a member on here called Row who is a mechanic and based in Galway, not sure whereabouts in Galway he is but might be worth dropping him a private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭charcosull

Just got some work done by 'rescu u' on the headford road. Can't speak highly enough of them now. €240 for some work that the Volvo Main Dealer quoted €500-700 for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

there is a nice little garage at the top of Lisbaun industrial estate, Burbridge motors, Run by an old school english dude, I havent been there for a couple of years but always found them decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nick forde

<Please don't sign up to promote any type of business, moderator>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Hello,

Does anybody please have their phone number? It's a new garage and I cannot find the flyer they left weeks ago.
    I cannot find it on the Golden Pages or in Google in general.

Thanks.

Lucianot

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Ok found it!

089 <snip, by pm only> , in case someone needs it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I've another number for him if you cant get thru to him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Can't find a recent thread so hope its ok to start a new one. Anyway looking for recommendations on Mechanics around the city area that can fix my boot as it no longer opens via the Key fob. Car is a VW Golf and I can still open manually so reckon its an electronic fault.

I contacted the main dealers but they want €90 just to 'diagnose' the issue so can't imagine how much more they'll then charge to fix!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

merged with the car mechanic needed thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Can't find a recent thread so hope its ok to start a new one. Anyway looking for recommendations on Mechanics around the city area that can fix my boot as it no longer opens via the Key fob. Car is a VW Golf and I can still open manually so reckon its an electronic fault.

I contacted the main dealers but they want €90 just to 'diagnose' the issue so can't imagine how much more they'll then charge to fix!!

Where are you based? I have VCDS and could do a scan for you, however if you go to a dealer they will insist on doing their own scan also therefore i'm not sure if my offer will be all that helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭karen89

Hi, I need to replace front and back brakes on a mondeo '99 I can supply the parts myself but need a qualified machanic to fit them, anybody know of someone good and reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

oh is he opp the bish, was it expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Vas , a Russian guy with his own business in doughiska is who I go to.
    He knows his stuff
    His number is 087<numbers by PM>

any idea of prices

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

karen89 wrote: »
    oh is he opp the bish, was it expensive?

yep across from teh bish.

I needed new disks as well as fitting them. Cost ~200 including labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

karen89 wrote: »
    Hi, I need to replace front and back brakes on a mondeo '99 I can supply the parts myself but need a qualified machanic to fit them, anybody know of someone good and reasonable?

Is it just the pads or discs as well? Most mechanics won't like someone supplying the parts as they make margin from supplying the parts themselves. Brakes are a simple enough job that plenty of DIYers can do so any mechanic will be able to do this easily and quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

D Trent wrote: »
    Vas , a Russian guy with his own business in doughiska is who I go to.
    He knows his stuff
    His number is 087<numbers by PM>

Can recommend this guy too, knows his stuff and doesnt overcharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

connollys wrote: »
    Can recommend this guy too, knows his stuff and doesnt overcharge.
    Does this guy do normal run of the mill services too or just brake related?
    If he does I'd appreciate a pm with his details etc, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Vickyfarrell45

Anyone know if there is a mobile mechanic in galway??

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

Hi all thinking of buying a car but want it to get checked by a mechanic in the next day or so
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

When/where will you look at the car? There plenty of mechs in the city and you can probably (with owner consent) drive it straight to a close garage for inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Hi, some piece of plastic is broken off behind my front bumper and dragging against the wheel.

Stupi annoying problem - anyone know someone who can fix something like this please PM me with address or google maps link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Ford Mondeo 1.8 petrol`2005

Need 4 new tyres and a full service
    Where would best place to go i around town
    Also in around how much would people reckon ?

For tyres, start with Francis in Clonboo.
    Full service, any garage can do that - look for deals in local paper or consider DIY.

Piece of plastic, duct tape it for now and google "auto body repairs galway".

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

The Engine Management light is on in my 2005 Ford Focus and it's jerking when accelerating. Wonder if anyone can recommend me someone decent to have a look at it... trying to stay away from the Ford garage and hopefully save a few bob!

You need car fault codes read using a special tool.
    Most indies can do that so check with local mechs if you know any, otherwise scan this thread for some suggestions close to you.
    Once you have the code it will tell you what is wrong and you can get a quote from a few locals on fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭deisedude

Looking for a good mechanic on the west side of the city ideally. Its only a small job but could do with knowing a good mechanic for future reference

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

What's an "indie?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement