Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unemployed?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 karl17

hey thought id share my info as I am unemployed after full time employment for the last 4 years and its a nightmare - can feel people's pain.Im waiting on response from a company but did a crap second interview last week so not hopeful. It would of been timely with christmas but think desperation and nerves may have seeped through . really annoyed as they are hard to get.

Really fearful for january and new year as it will get worse before it gets better. going back to study in febuary and will hopefully get something to pay rent and a standard of living in the meantime.

anyway hope we all find something to get us through this and maybe next christmas will be a better time and we will be prepared if this if it ever happens again. best of luck and happy christmas.
    keep the faith:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jimpsta

If your not contacted after you attend an interview, then that is bad form... They should say something to ya. Not fair really.

If they have 3,000 applicants it might cost a bit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Jimpsta wrote: »
    If they have 3,000 applicants it might cost a bit :(

presumably they did not interview 3000 applicants....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

What amazes me is how upbeat people now are when they lose their job.
    Back in the '80s jobs losses were a major cause of depression and anger.
    Christy Moore was writing songs about this stuff.
    Still remember people in the audience on the Late Late saying how their dignity has been taken from them after losing their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Nolanger wrote: »
    What amazes me is how upbeat people now are when they lose their job.
    Back in the '80s jobs losses were a major cause of depression and anger.
    Christy Moore was writing songs about this stuff.
    Still remember people in the audience on the Late Late saying how their dignity has been taken from them after losing their job.

denial? Bear in mind you're looking at a whole generation who are losing their jobs who weren't old enough to remember the hardship the 80s and who have always been in a position where another job was just around the corner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement