Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proper Broadband Map Of Ireland Exchange Location Request

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Gambit217 wrote: »
    Hi,

I hope I'm ok to ask, I've just moved into a house in a place called Garrisker, a couple of miles from Broadford, Co Kildare.
    Much to my annoyance, I've been told by all ISPs that line broadband is not available. I'm on the Broadford Exchange & I am wondering if anybody knows if/when this exchange may be upgrdaded?

Any help with this would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

It was upgraded years ago, it is the Broadford BRD exchange linked below, could you be on Longwood ?

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=53.423402&lon=-6.961552&zoom=12

Eliminated a few in the last few days.

I need the Location of these exchanges ( use google streetview or yahoo maps ..the latter is more accurate)

LETTERMORE LTM 091 n 0 Galway
    MALLOW AEH MWY 022 y 2 Cork ( this is where the eircom vans go at night)
    MONEYBALLYTYRELL 057 y 2 Laois
    SHANBALLY SHY 058 Waterford
    THE SWAN TSW 057/059 Laois/Kilkenny
    ASHMOUNT 021 ( Probably this yoke can anyone confirm)
    KILASHEE KHE 043 Longford
    COOLANEY CNY 071 Sligo

Location and STD code for this exchange

GORTNAHOE GUE Tipperary 056 ?

Exchange Code for this exchange ( three letter code)

Cross , Co. Mayo.

Location and EXCHANGE Code ( 3 Letters codes for these exchanges)

SUNCROFT 045
    OLDTOWN 01 ( east of Ashbourne west of Ballyboghill)
    PHOENIX PARK 01 ( see note at end)
    MODEL FARM RD 021
    LYRE 029 cork
    LAKEPOINT BUSINESS PARK 044
    BOHERMEEN 046
    ORAM 047
    BALLYLOOBY 052
    MONEYBALLYTYRELL 057
    FAHA CROSS 066
    CARNEY (CABINET) 071
    EMMOO 090

Phoenix Park may be a planning name for the Farmleigh Exchange, we know where that is. All assistance appreciated.

Complete list of exchanges from eircom wholesale appreciated too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Ack. Just realised I might be able to get some coordinates for some of those exchanges. Will PM you again later mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gambit217

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Hi,

I hope I'm ok to ask, I've just moved into a house in a place called Garrisker, a couple of miles from Broadford, Co Kildare.
    Much to my annoyance, I've been told by all ISPs that line broadband is not available. I'm on the Broadford Exchange & I am wondering if anybody knows if/when this exchange may be upgrdaded?

Any help with this would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

It was upgraded years ago, it is the Broadford BRD exchange linked below, could you be on Longwood ?

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=53.423402&lon=-6.961552&zoom=12

Thanks for the reply.

I was pretty sure it was the Broadford Exchange, well I was told so by one of the tech guys in Magnet.

The area code for the line is 046?

I spoke with people from Perlico, Eircom & Magnet who all said the line failed for broadband, so I'm not sure where to go from here.

I was pretty sure it was the Broadford Exchange, well I was told so by one of the tech guys in Magnet.
    There it is, where are you?

• Advertisement

There it is, where are you?

We're down by Garrisker, just about a mile from that Y Junction. Maybe I should contact eircom to confirm the actual exchange I'm on?

We're down by Garrisker, just about a mile from that Y Junction. Maybe I should contact eircom to confirm the actual exchange I'm on?

Hi Bob, this is the exact location !!!

Thanks for the help by the way.

http://touch.daft.ie/mapbrowser.daft?type=rental&id=1029523

Probably is your exchange, the cables south from the exchange appear to be underground making me suspect they ran out of copper and split your line. How long is the line installed..it can take them up to 4 weeks to test and pass it after installation.

Probably is your exchange, the cables south from the exchange appear to be underground making me suspect they ran out of copper and split your line. How long is the line installed..it can take them up to 4 weeks to test and pass it after installation.

As far as I know, the phone line is in since some time last year. The last tenants moved out in February.

I called Eircom & co & provided the 046 number & they tested the line & said it was failing for Broadband, which puzzled me as I have a friend a
    couple of miles down the road, also with an 046 number & he has broadband with eircom.

Would there be anything I could do to find out why he can get it & I apparently can't?

This includes query exchanges and is therefore subject to change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

I have been told by Eircom Engineer that the Kenagh exchange has been enabled
    but no bb is available from the exchange ??
    Kenagh , KNA , 043

UPDATE.

Spoke with Eircom this morning & they've told me that the quality of the line is too poor for broadband.

I'm wondering, would there be any way to get a better/new line installed??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The frontline staff probably didn't know the actual reason or else they fobbed you off. You might get a more thorough response if you start a thread in the Talk to:eircom forum.

It's not clear to me what is wrong with the line, especially if it was installed in the past year.

The frontline staff probably didn't know the actual reason or else they fobbed you off. You might get a more thorough response if you start a thread in the Talk to:eircom forum.

It's not clear to me what is wrong with the line, especially if it was installed in the past year.

Thanks for the tip mate, I did speak to a rather obnoxious non Irish women who cut me off from speaking literally 3 secs after I began speaking.

I'll head over & set up a thread there now. As for when the line was installed, I know that the last tenant in this house availed of the line for a year & they moved out in February. Other than that, im not sure as the house was built 7 years ago.

Thanks for all the help lads.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just an oddity if you will, I am on the Colpe Cross exchange (CPX), which according to the NGB map is not even on the plan. Yet I was able to fulfill an order and am now on NGB 8mb, so I dunno how it slipped through or if I'm actually on regualer 8meg and they have it down as NGB. Anyway just in case you don't have the location of CPX, I've linked it below.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=ireland&hl=en&ll=53.702245,-6.308813&spn=0.0376,0.077162&sll=53.238921,-8.305664&sspn=6.20928,19.753418&layer=c&cbll=53.702153,-6.308679&panoid=Mvp5IVtgXLs4s7WhyzTRSQ&cbp=12,231.68,,0,5.31&z=14

At one point I thought this was the exchange as it is only a new building and have seen Eircom vans parked there before, but I assume it performs another function?

Bump

Still need all of these, does anyone have the eircom wholesale list handy or do you know where there is a grey or white box be the roadside ( or even hidden in a sewage plant like the exchange in Clonbur :)
    Eliminated a few in the last few days.

I need the Location of these exchanges ( use google streetview or yahoo maps ..the latter is more accurate)

COOLANEY CNY 071 Sligo

Location and STD code for this exchange

GORTNAHOE GUE Tipperary 056 ?

Exchange Code for this exchange ( three letter code)

Cross , Co. Mayo.

SUNCROFT 045
    MODEL FARM RD 021
    LYRE 029 cork
    BOHERMEEN 046
    ORAM 047
    BALLYLOOBY 052
    MONEYBALLYTYRELL 057
    FAHA CROSS 066
    CARNEY (CABINET) 071
    EMMOO 090

Phoenix Park may be a planning name for the Farmleigh Exchange, we know where that is. All assistance appreciated.

Complete list of exchanges from eircom wholesale appreciated too :)

Latest update. I could kill half of this with the wholesale list which will have the codes.

COOLANEY CNY 071 Sligo

Location and STD code for these 2 exchanges

GORTNAHOE GUE Tipperary is it 056 ?
    Exchange Code for this exchange ( three letter code) Location is confirmed

Cross , Co. Mayo. 094
    BOHERMEEN 046

SUNCROFT 045
    MODEL FARM RD 021
    LYRE 029 cork
    ORAM 047
    BALLYLOOBY 052
    MONEYBALLYTYRELL 057
    FAHA CROSS 066
    CARNEY (CABINET) 071
    EMMOO 090

Complete list of exchanges from eircom wholesale appreciated too smile.gif

c'mon people, more data

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I have a sister who lives in Oldtown and a brother who lives in Ballyboghill, but the first 5 digits of there numbers are the same. Would this imply they are on the one exchange? I'll ask my sister if she knows where her exchange is.

• Advertisement

BUMP

No more data forthcoming last few days, c'mon people!

Just noticed this now. The "Mystery Exchange" is the original exchange that served Grange Rath and was DSL-enabled after some justified indignation by local councillors and TDs (and by the expanding population of the surrounding area no doubt).

The google maps footage in question was taken not that long after the new Colpe Cross exchange was built, pretty much across the road. I wonder if phone lines were fully transferred over to that exchange as I assume it was built to take care of all of grange rath and future developments. A small number of lines were served directly by the Drogheda exchange on Patrick St but then eircom ran out of copper or whatever and after a delay of a year, put in the RSU for the rest of the estate. The new exchange probably handles the older, longer lines as well as the RSU. @delly: Are those grey cabinets still there at that road junction?

Considering there won't be any new houses for a while, this new building to be used to replace two DSL-enabled RSUs seems like a grand waste of time, even though there's several housing estates miles from the old exchange which could be easily served by that Colpe Cross exchange... Five Oaks being a prime example. But that's for another day. The area engineering HQ covers a different area out to the SW of town and wouldn't be of much benefit to the Dublin Rd area. Ironically, the only exchange with "NGB" in the area is the exchange with the highest proportion of lines over 4km long... Not the one which supplies the industrial estates and several nearby housing estates.

Btw, sorry I'm of no help with the exchanges in question except Oldtown, which I'm hoping to properly find out on in the next few weeks...

Facinating, so the mystery exchange is 'old' Colep Cross and the building across the old Dublin Road is the new Colpe Cross. It is even possible that old Colpe Cross is called Grange Rath or something nowadays.

The building is only a year old.

http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/news/broadband-hopes-for-grange-rath-2231586.html

June 2010
    IT'S hoped the launch of a new digital exchange will solve the problems faced in recent years by internet users living in Grange Rath and Colpe.
    The eircom exchange providing high speed broadband to homes in the area has been welcomed by Meath Senator Dominic Hannigan and Councillor Eoin Holmes.
    The Labour Party colleagues say the new exchange, which will be enabled on Monday June 21st, should finally solve Grange Rath's broadband difficulties.
    'Eircom tells me that due to the population growth in the area they needed to build this exchange.

So has anyone heard of a Grange Rath exchange ...or is the collection of street cabs called Colpe Cross and if so what is the name of the bloody building then ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

In Response to the PM, this is indeed an exchange and I suspect it is the EMMOO exchange in County roscommon, is that on the wholesale ADSL Exchange list ?? If anyone is driving past there ( 2 miles east of Roscommmon on Lanesboro road) can the confirm whether there is another ( slightly higher) cabinet out there now.

Went past here the other day, now I am not 100% but the white cabinet seems slightly different, I am sure it was slightly bigger with a more vented panel on the front if that makes sense?

Funnily enough I was out and about yesterday and indeed the boxes I linked to are now gone in there entirety. I don't have much cause to use the first Grange Rath entrance so as you say I assume they were removed within the last year.

I did however find something else at the second Grange Rath entrance which is located here. This box has only been installed within the last year and had the markings CPX1 iirc. I took a quick picture to try and verify its purpose.

166035.jpg

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Went past here the other day, now I am not 100% but the white cabinet seems slightly different, I am sure it was slightly bigger with a more vented panel on the front if that makes sense?
    Vented panel ( not so much "on front" but around top of box) = DSL box, can you confirm this is the EMMOO exchange and not another ??

Facinating, so the mystery exchange is 'old' Colep Cross and the building across the old Dublin Road is the new Colpe Cross. It is even possible that old Colpe Cross is called Grange Rath or something nowadays.

The building is only a year old.

http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/news/broadband-hopes-for-grange-rath-2231586.html

June 2010

So has anyone heard of a Grange Rath exchange ...or is the collection of street cabs called Colpe Cross and if so what is the name of the bloody building then ???
    I'm not sure that article is right, I remember reading the planning permission notice for it as far back as 2008 I think. And the google maps footage is from May 2009, though I suppose it's possible for the building to lie idle for a over a year.

If that cabinet has the markings CPX1 then it means the new exchange inherited the code of the old exchange/RSU. That RSU was given CPX1 since it was operational in around 2004 IIRC.

So

New CPX known as CPX

Old CPX

New CPX1 not in Google but in photo earlier.

http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/news/broadband-dismay-in-grange-rath-2101920.html

Broadband dismay in Grange Rath

Wednesday March 17 2010

SOME residents of the Grange Rath estate on the Dublin Road may never have a broadband service, according to eircom.
    Frustrated householders, who were promised connection to a new telephone exchange by February, now learn it will be at least another three-six months before the exchange is complete.
    Even then, there's no guarantee they will be able to connect to broadband.
    'I have been promised both by eircom and our own TD Thomas Byrne who lives on the estate, that broadband would be up and running in early 2010,' says annoyed resident Anthony Bohan.
    'I have now been told by eircom's head of communications that he can't guarantee I'll ever have broadband. This is incredible. I bought my daughter a laptop at Christmas, and we have been counting down the days for the installation of the service, and now I hear it may never happen.'
    The Drogheda Independent contacted Paul Bradley, who is head of communications at eircom, and he confirmed it could be at least six months until the new exchange is complete.
    'Some customers could be connected from three months but it will be September until it is complete,' he said. 'I am sympathetic to the frustration, but even when the new exchange is complete, we cannot guarantee they will receive broadband, as is the case in many estates in Ireland.'
    Resident and local TD Thomas Byrne, who can't get broadband in his own house, says he 'is sick of eircom at this stage'.
    'This is very disappointing news, and it's now got to the point where I'll believe it when I see it,' he said. 'I can't understand why it is taking so long, as eircom work is ongoing, and we have been 10 years waiting for this to be resolved.'

Promised the year before as well

http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/news/internet-1813014.html

Wednesday July 08 2009
    GRANGE Rath residents struggling with lack of broadband coverage will have their problems solved as Eircom's promised broadband exchange is due to be ready by autumn.
    TD and Grange Rath resident Thomas Byrne has been told by Eircom that the new exchange will be completed by October or November.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure why some lines couldn't get broadband in 2009, the RSU got DSL back in 2007 I think and the small number of lines connected directly to Drogheda did pass as amber... Maybe the small DSLAM ran out of ports but I can't remember exactly.

There are a number of threads and media articles which had discussed the farce both on the broadband and northeast forums.

Here's the main thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=316779

Before that thread there were stories of people waiting about a year for a phoneline! Or maybe I'm mixing that up with Deepforde across the road... But there you have it.

Advertisement