Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fàs involved in ridiculous spending up to €5.7m - €900 on golf, €400 on beau

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The FAS board is massive, this is the only listing I can find quickly
    www.fas.ie/en/pubdocs/AnnualReports/annual_report99/board_of_fas.html
    10 years old but I don't suppose the structure has changed a jot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

bonzos wrote: »
    FAS is the best example of FF and union heads in operation at the top level ..screw everyone in sight and refuse to accept blame for anything!These cowboys on the board will just be moved to another handy overpaid job,big thanks to all the FF voters who continue to vote and defend a party with a proven track record of corrpution...CJH,Bertie,Ray Burke,Flynns etc...and god knows how many more at local level:rolleyes:

many of the top brass in fas have connections with labour aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

The Reason why Mary Coughlan is unwilling to Kick the ass of any Board member is chiefly due to Peter Mc Loone, Chairman of the Board. He happens to be brother to Michael Mc Loone, County Manager for Donegal. And where does the Bould Mary hail from?

She dare not siht on her own doorstep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

moceri wrote: »
    The Reason why Mary Coughlan is unwilling to Kick the ass of any Board member is chiefly due to Peter Mc Loone, Chairman of the Board. He happens to be brother to Michael Mc Loone, County Manager for Donegal. And where does the Bould Mary hail from?

She dare not siht on her own doorstep.

Typical.
    The scrote who presided over the waste in FAS for years won't be touched because of this - everything is skewed in this country, it's the worker that gets shafted again and again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Ye want to see pure greed JUST for the last few months?
    See: http://www.unitedpeople.ie/greed.html

FAS is just tip of the iceberg and small-fry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So what can we do to stop them?

I'm open to suggestions here..

I think it's high time that people put a new law into place...not the TDs.
    Basically...all expenses and accounts of TDs must be open and completely above board and displayed on their websites.
    All departments must publish all their income and expenditure on their respective websites with all receipts being properly tracked and verified.
    Any person should be able to log onto eg..say the FAS website, pull down it's complete accounts for the year and verify if the taxpayer is getting good value for money. Any dept not correctly tracking it's budget etc loses 10% of it's budget for the following year and so on.

We shouldn't wait for FF to implement this....we should force them to implement this asap by saying that we, the Irish people want this law in now and it better bloody happen asap...

Biggins wrote: »
    Ye want to see pure greed JUST for the last few months?
    See: http://www.unitedpeople.ie/greed.html

FAS is just tip of the iceberg and small-fry!

At this moment in time Biggins, I don't think my blood pressure could take it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

gambiaman wrote: »
    At this moment in time Biggins, I don't think my blood pressure could take it!

Don't blame you.

Last year Jackie Rea ran up €89,000 in expenses.
    In the first 6 months this year so far its up to €69,000.
    ...AND HE GETS BY TWICE.
    Once by being a standard TD and then AGAIN by being an independent TD!
    Go figure! :confused:

b5ppxh.jpg

Pifff, FAS is nothing compared to the long term bigger goon squad in the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Dont know if I should laugh or cry at what was said today at the Dáil Public Accounts Committee. Molloy was only willing to resign if he got a golden handshake, meaning he held them to ransom, felt he did no wrong and more than likely he knew that if they had gone through court to remove him it would have opened a can of worms in FAS and their expenditure.

I think i will go cry

• Registered Users Posts: 55,080 ✭✭✭✭walshb

We really are dealing with horrible people here. The kind that are so consumed by greed. The absolute necks on some of them is beyond belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

murfie wrote: »
    Dont know if I should laugh or cry at what was said today at the Dáil Public Accounts Committee. Molloy was only willing to resign if he got a golden handshake, meaning he held them to ransom, felt he did no wrong and more than likely he knew that if they had gone through court to remove him it would have opened a can of worms in FAS and their expenditure.

I think i will go cry
    he would have been a brave man the stand in a court and demand money from the irish people in these hard times....the would have had to move abroad for his own safety

This Molloy guy is still the Chairman of the ther Board of the Institute of Public Administration.

It's rasion d'etre is the antithesis of what this Molloy guy did for years:

"Irish national centre for development of best practice in public administration and public management’.

You simply could not make this shít up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Neither the FAS board nor the Department of Trade and Enterprise sought legal advice on whether Molloy would have any grounds for taking them to court, which he was was threatening to do. So 1 million euros of taxpayers money was wasted and yet again no one will be held accountable. It really beggars belief.

This country is actually getting worse for cronyism and skullduggery (since the 1980s and 1990s.) It's worse now I think, more bloody brazen, as it is now more out in the open, and still going on.

They bloody well paid him off to be the public fall guy on this. There is no way that the cabinet didn't know that this was happening and now the lame duck Tánaiste is investigating the issue. My arse she is! She knew, she had to know!

AND the GREENS, what a change of tune. They would have been climbing over the dail seats looking for blood if they were in opposition! Now it is all ok, the assimilation into the FF party is complete

Brian Cowen on Rody Molley when he resigned - "his resignation showed that confidence in him was justified because he has proved himself to be accountable".

AND the GREENS, what a change of tune. They would have been climbing over the dail seats looking for blood if they were in opposition! Now it is all ok, the assimilation into the FF party is complete

Ah, but they are demanding answers to this debacle. Though, something tells me that whatever answers they get will be good enough!:confused:

They will do whatever it takes to remain in power.

walshb wrote: »

They will do whatever it takes to remain in power.

They will and if there are grass roots members of the green party reading boards.ie PLEASE don't compromise your original ideals to be the lap dogs for a corrupt FF party! The ordinary members of the Green party need to stand up for the good of the country to put a end to this crap from happening!

They will and if there are grass roots members of the green party reading boards.ie PLEASE don't compromise your original ideals to be the lap dogs for a corrupt FF party! The ordinary members of the Green party need to stand up for the good of the country to put a end to this crap from happening!

Yeah, but just like some FF members who think this stinks, their voice will not be enough.
    It's those in power who are calling the shots, Cowen, Coughlan, Gormley. Gormley won't
    rock the cosy little boat. He doesn't want to fall off.

Didnt biffo describe moloy as "honourable" when he won the lotto ..sorry resigned

• Advertisement

I remember just before Biffo took over, the ranting and raving from the
    media about how great he was. I didn't fall for it at all. I don't think Biffo is
    leadership material now, or back then, and he is proving it time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,103 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This is what happens when an American objects to Government overspending:

tea-party-express-screenshot2.jpg

912-crowd-areial-view.jpg

This is what happens when Real Journalism (god I miss real journalism) exposes fraud and corruption in the Irish Govt:

FATHER_TED_Down_with_this_sort_of_t.jpg

Reading about your complacency while keeping tabs on the Irish Govts blatant atrocities the last few years has been disgusting for me, personally. Youve let them get away with so much and still...!

Brian Cowen on RTE's Drivetime just now has stood by and even repeated his claim that Molloy acted "honourablely". This is unbelievable stuff.

Possibly the most bent and shameless shower of leaders on Planet Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i posted this in AH so gonna post it here as its more relevent.
    This guy is by no means a fall guy. He was appointed by Mary Harney years ago when she was minister for trade and employment. At the time her husband/partner was DG at FAS.
    He has long since moved on, we'll get back to him later, but Molloy got the big job eventually.
    Anyways all those trips to florida, Harney and her husband attended, and yet Mary has yet to account or even admit she was even on these trips. Molloy brought his wife along to, sure why not. So whilst Harney and Molloys wife where gettin there hair done, Molloy and Harneys husband were out playin golf at our expense, of course.

Move along to last year and a journo from tribune along with Senator Shane Ross break the above expenses scandal, Molloy knows the game is up.
    He cant be fired tho, so he agrees to the package, there was no song and dance made, sure they are all friends anyway!
    Thing is tho Mary Coughlan, although an idiot, is taking all the flack now, when in fact its HARNEY WHO SHOULD BE RESIGNING.

Oh and where has Minister for Health Mary Harneys husband gone, well Brian Geoghegan is a lobbyist for MRPA Kinman, a firm the lobbies the gov on the behalf of health companies!

Text book example of vested interest gov. pioneered by fianna fail and perfected by the PD's.
    Now this is just one example of nods and winks and nice holidays in florida, small fry even, now imagine if you sit down to dinner with board members of Anglo Irish Bank like biffo did spring time last year and theres billions of euros involved there.....

People in this country gotta wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,103 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

so FL got most of that money?

sweet. natl debt--;

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Brian Cowen on RTE's Drivetime just now has stood by and even repeated his claim that Molloy acted "honourablely". This is unbelievable stuff.

Well, if Roddy Molloy is the benchmark for 'honorable,' then we truly are fu%^&

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

deadhead13 wrote: »

I'm sure it has already been mentioned on this thread but isn't Roddy Molloy Biffo's brother-in-law? I notice opposition politicians and the media steering well clear of that link in the last few days.

The stench of corruption hangs over this appalling government and to quote Oliver Cromwell from his address to the Rump Parliament at Westminster on the 20th April, 1653 - "You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately..Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"

He was accompanied by 30 armed musketeers - is that what it's going to take to get rid of this shower?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Alfasud

THOSE AIRHEADS ARE PLAYING AROUND WITH OUR MONEY:mad:

• Advertisement

we need a victim (taxpayer) to go on a shooting rampage inthe dail....take out all the gangsters,would save the country a fortune

Advertisement