Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25% OFF AUDIO VISUAL AND TOYS @ TESCO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

Bought the Goodmans home cinema speaker system yesterday, it had 50% off already (149
    down to 74.50) then with the 25% off it was 55.86. Unfortunately for tesco they overcharged me so i went back today and got my money refunded, So i got 100% off haha, Thanks Tesco every little helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

I m abit wary of Goodmans as they dont even have a site to look up the specs of the TV's.

Bloody weird?!?!?!?!

Edit: Found it here Goodmans

Think this is the 32"

42" GTVL42W37HD doesn't appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

chasm wrote: »
    Bought the Goodmans home cinema speaker system yesterday, it had 50% off already (149
    down to 74.50) then with the 25% off it was 55.86. Unfortunately for tesco they overcharged me so i went back today and got my money refunded, So i got 100% off haha, Thanks Tesco every little helps!!

I was thinking of buying this is it any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

lottodrink wrote: »
    Good stuff whats your local branch?

Mullingar....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

chasm wrote: »

HI chasm was looking at that yesterday in tesco claremorris thought not to sure about goodmans and the quality of then was not so got should have bought then now might have got them free

• Advertisement

danois wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying this is it any good??

I dont know yet as its still in the box!! Sorry
    Heres a link though :
    http://www.goodmans.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?pid=GHC58&language=en-GB
    HI chasm was looking at that yesterday in tesco claremorris thought not to sure about goodmans and the quality of then was not so got should have bought then now might have got them free

Yeah i cant say ive owned anything by goodmans before so i wouldnt know if they are any good or not. Not that i can complain if it isnt great- its not like it cost me anything in all fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Bought an 8GB Ipod Nano in Tesco Dundrum for €104 today. :D They have them in a cupboard behind the Customer Service Desk, discovered this after spending ages wandering around looking for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

After missing out due to bad timing off going to the jacks this morning, I went back to Clare hall this evening and stood around hardware section for an hour when the evening delivery was due to come in (had been told between 6&7) only to be told that none arrived.
    Did some shopping and at the till spotted a guy with 2 samsung 22 inch TVs in his trolley so asked him how he got them and he said his mate had them kept aside for him.....went to customer service desk to see what story was and there was another samsung box behind the desk that "was reserved and paid for". So who knows how many tvs came in (I'd guess a few will pop up on eBay or buy and sell over the next week)

Not a happy camper after 4 visits in 36 hours and being assured they couldn't be held or reserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bloke

spotted a guy with 2 samsung 22 inch TVs in his trolley so asked him how he got them and he said his mate had them kept aside for him.....went to customer service desk to see what story was and there was another samsung box behind the desk that "was reserved and paid for". So who knows how many tvs came in (I'd guess a few will pop up on eBay or buy and sell over the next week)

Not a happy camper after 4 visits in 36 hours and being assured they couldn't be held or reserved.

Same story. Have been to Tesco Clearwater three times today. Last time happened to see two people walk away from Customer Service desk with 22" samsungs with "reserved" handwritten notes on them. Queued up behind someone who also got one with a "reserved" sticker on it - she even offered him another e20 for his trouble!! Asked about one for me and was told none left and he couldn't reserve one or predict more stock!

All three people who got them seemed to know him or other staff. Another stitch up by Tesco staff... sigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

bloke wrote: »
    Asked about one for me and was told none left and he couldn't reserve one or predict more stock!

All three people who got them seemed to know him or other staff. Another stitch up by Tesco staff... sigh...

Same here, asked the hardware manager if he could put one by for me and he exclaimed that he couldn't possible do such a thing! I then mentioned the famous €399 Technosonic TV's from two years ago and how out of 19 at that branch 17 were bought by staff! No he couldn't possibly put anything by! :rolleyes:

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I got very lucky then and I wasn't even loitering around the TV section. The guy wheeled out 4 on a trolley, and I took one as he walked. He said they would be getting more (as he said to Santa) and that they were sold in minutes. I then saw a staff member walk off with one back into the storeroom. Not sure why he brought them out, when the staff was taking them from the shop floor.:rolleyes:

Fair enough its a good telly etc, but its 299 RRP so, 225 is decent but not incredible. If you have friends up the north, it works out 277 from amazon delivered to them. Theres bound to be another sale in the next couple of months which will probably make it cheaper again too. Remember the 50% back :D, now that was incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

There was two samsung 46" 1080p tv's in Tesco Wilton last night in case anyone is interested.. They were reduced and I presume another 25% off asking so they were 899.. I was very tempted but I don't think I could justify that kind of money for the amount of use it would get :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Got lucky and got the 22" Samsung in Dundrum this morning, was only two out and the other one was gone 2 mins later!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Rakes of those Sammy 22" in Athlone

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Picked up the 32" philips in tesco limercik coognagh cross for a cracking 450euro, anyone else get one of these how do you find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

slave1 wrote: »

Damn it, was only down there last weekend and I'm stuck up north this weekend (offer is only RoI tescos). :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Do-more wrote: »
    Same here, asked the hardware manager if he could put one by for me and he exclaimed that he couldn't possible do such a thing! I then mentioned the famous €399 Technosonic TV's from two years ago and how out of 19 at that branch 17 were bought by staff! No he couldn't possibly put anything by! :rolleyes:
    LOL I remember those, I don't think they even made it to the floor in my branch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Picked up the 32" philips in tesco limercik coognagh cross for a cracking 450euro, anyone else get one of these how do you find them.
    Lord Spence I ngot one and am having trouble connecting a scart lead from dvd player to it. Lead goes into dvd ok and into my other telly. It does not seem to click in and i am afraid to force it. Is that a male scart socket on the tv? Di need male to female

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

whats the breakdown on this price?

the reason I ask is cos I was in Dundalk Tesco today and the price was marked at 699 and then 25% off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Whats the model number on that Phillips?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

neacy69 wrote: »
    whats the breakdown on this price?

the reason I ask is cos I was in Dundalk Tesco today and the price was marked at 699 and then 25% off
    original is 699 there was 100 off up to last wednesday =599 and then 25% of that is around 449

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Whats the model number on that Phillips?

Afaik, its this one.

32PFL5403D/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tmor100

Bought a 26" Bush LCD26TV005HD in Tesco Clarehall this afternoon for 225Euros. There is still 1 remaining on the shelf at 16:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Plenty of stock in tesco artane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Plenty of stock in tesco artane
    Of what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Of what?

32", 37", 26", 42" DVD players + Recorders.

Just back from there myself. Philips model is 32PFL5322.

They have a philips 32 inch model PFL5403D/10 for €699 which says has €100 off i.e now €599 Will there be a further 25% off that?see http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/ie/consumer/cc/_productid_32PFL5403D_10_IE_CONSUMER/Flat-TV+32PFL5403D-10

Edit had a quick look seems good to me. what you experts think?

I bought 2 phillips tv's 2 years ago, had always sworn phillips were crap and would never buy one but then got a really good deal after my 7 year old 32 inch panasonic died - anyway, the phillips, so far, has been great and that one looks real nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

slave1 wrote: »

what price are these some people say 299 some 279 , :confused:

Was in Carrick on Shannon branch about an hour ago and the had a goodmans 42" lcd tv, dvd recorder and lcd stand for E999- which with the 25% off would work out at 749.95.
    There was a 25% off sign stuck above it so im assuming it applies to this package(?). Im afraid i was in a hurry so i didnt get the model number or anything. Apologies for total lack of info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Tescos have also reduced the price of the Sat4Free High Definition satellite receivers (including installation) from €399 to €299. They are essentially rebadged versions of the UK Freesat units.

www.sat4free.ie
    www.freesat.co.uk

Thread in the sat forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055387369

Advertisement