Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25% OFF AUDIO VISUAL AND TOYS @ TESCO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any tesco stores close to o connell street doing this promotion, or what would be the nearest?

Thanks

Jervis Street would be closest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cheers wasnt sure if they did electricals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

so are ipods in the 25% off sale in any other tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dino7

BArra wrote: »
    so are ipods in the 25% off sale in any other tesco?
    Nanos and shuffles in Tesco Wilton in Cork are 25% off. Wanted to pick up an iPod Touch, but no sign of them there or in Mahon Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

Ipods 4 gen all colours are inculded in the 25% off , i had to asked one off the tesco staff to bring me out 1 she scanned in and i got the purple 8g for 104 Euros was 139 , cant under stand why there not on display on the floor !!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Headed over to Tesco Edenderry this morning as they have a good electricals section in the hope of getting the Samsung 22" Monitor/TV for €209 but they had none, they had rang Tullamore earlier for another customer and Tullamore had just one in stock so someone managed to get a nice bargain.

None of the €225 26" Bush TV's in stock in Edenderry either...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Just to answer a few questions:

No Tesco stores sell the normal Ipods the selected Ipod stores sell just Nano's.

They don't display them on the shop floor due to theft but should have a stand with dvd type cases with pictures of the nanos.

Stores that originally had the Samsung 22" lcd's are getting top up orders Tomorrow, but for some stores they could get their delivery of these late afternoon or evening, depending on their normal delivery time from their depot.

Staff don't get 45% off as quoted earlier. they get the 25% off like everyone else, then a further 10%.

Jarvis

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Anyone got any info on the Goodmans GTV42W37HD (Contrast, resolution, brightness, viewing angle, general info on the quality of goodmans LCDs). Google is returning pretty much zilch!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

if anywhere actually has the 22" samsung, looks liek they're charging €225

http://www.tesco.ie/csaverswk40b/

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭KNO3

Mainly large TV's in the square Tallaght and plenty of them, very few (3 is all I saw) TV's under 26" that I could see.

Walked across to Dunnes and the place was mobbed with all the oul one's buying the half price meat! I did notice a Nordmende 32" LCD TV reduced from €499 to €349, no obvious model number on the TV, sorry, I did look. Seen one guy with two in his trolly at checkout, obviously thought they weren't bad value. Worth a look anyway if your up that direction and in the market for a 32". Could be a brutal TV for all I know though.

• Advertisement

Thanks Jarvis that is good to know. Will try again tomorrow

Tried three stores now and they ahve none of the 22 inch samsungs or 26 inch bushs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

jarvis wrote: »
    Just a quick heads up for anyone thinking of purchasing some pressies for crimbo.
    The offer runs from this thursday to sunday and is "OFF" not "back" so it's cheaper at the till. #
    Some good tv offers at the mo, such as samsung 22" LCD was €379 now €279 then 25% comes off too. there won't be many of these around as the €100 off offer has been running already but there is definately some knocking about, I don't know where for definate but they're there.
    You can see that tv if you have a copy of last sundays papers as it was advertised.

Enjoy

Jarvis:D
    Thanks for the tip got a 32 inch from €699 which was reduced to €599 pre the offer and less 25% as well = €449 approx.the 25% comes off at till and ther are points too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Thanks for the tip got a 32 inch from €699 which was reduced to €599 pre the offer and less 25% as well = €449 approx.the 25% comes off at till and ther are points too

Was that the Philips 32" ?
    do you know the model numbers?

neacy69 wrote: »
    Was that the Philips 32" ?
    yes
    neacy69 wrote: »
    do you know the model numbers?
    32PFL5403D/10 see

http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/ie/consumer/cc/_productid_32PFL5403D_10_IE_CONSUMER/Flat-TV+32PFL5403D-10

You can also download the pdf booklet for it with all the specs. Good luck in your search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

According to the specs it has an integrated free view tuner, does the Irish version you got have one ?

Jip wrote: »
    integrated free view tuner,... does the Irish version you got have one ?
    I have not even opened it yet as i got other stuff delivered today and the house is a mess. Where would i look for that, i am not very tech minded:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TonyHarris

Tesco have good offer on Bush 37'' LCD tv. Any one any experience of this tv, is it any good or a pile of junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

According to the specs it has an integrated free view tuner, does the Irish version you got have one ?

I dont think it would

"32PFL5403D/10" is the model Jack says he got. Afaik, philips tvs have to have a "H" at the end instead of a "D" to have an mpeg4 tuner
    TonyHarris wrote: »
    Tesco have good offer on Bush 37'' LCD tv. Any one any experience of this tv, is it any good or a pile of junk.

You've hit the nail on the head there IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

Hi guys anyone know anythin about the 42" Goodmans tvs in this deal??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

That's U.K. only, even if it has one it won't work

• Advertisement

anyone knows if any samsungs were resticked today int he end?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

I called Tesco Clearwater & they were expecting a delivery later but they didn't know what was coming in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I just bought the 20" version of the 22" Samsung online for more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Don't want to derail the thread but just wondering if anyone knows will the '25% off consoles' deal be on again before Christmas in tescos?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    anyone knows if any samsungs were resticked today int he end?

Just back from Tesco Mullingar and no sign of the Sammys there, I did speak to the Hardware manager last night and he said it would be evening time if he did get the order in, but that bigger stores would have first dibs on any available stock so he couldn't guarantee that he would get any.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Do-more wrote: »
    Just back from Tesco Mullingar and no sign of the Sammys there, I did speak to the Hardware manager last night and he said it would be evening time if he did get the order in, but that bigger stores would have first dibs on any available stock so he couldn't guarantee that he would get any.
    Picked up a 22" sammy in clarehall today. Got one just as it wheeled out. I only want it for use as a monitor really and got it as I remembered it from this thread as being a good price. Although I'm tempted to bring it back and get the one off dabs for 100 less. I need to read up on its quality as a monitor. If I do bring it back, I'll post in case anyone wants to buy it at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

jarvis wrote: »
    Just a quick heads up for anyone thinking of purchasing some pressies for crimbo.
    The offer runs from this thursday to sunday and is "OFF" not "back" so it's cheaper at the till. #
    Some good tv offers at the mo, such as samsung 22" LCD was €379 now €279 then 25% comes off too. there won't be many of these around as the €100 off offer has been running already but there is definately some knocking about, I don't know where for definate but they're there.
    You can see that tv if you have a copy of last sundays papers as it was advertised.

Enjoy

Jarvis:D
    Cheers man... Are all kids toys on that 25% as well, or just certain things?

Iv to get a load of High School Musical stuff:( :p

lottodrink wrote: »
    Cheers man... Are all kids toys on that 25% as well, or just certain things?

Iv to get a load of High School Musical stuff:( :p

25% off all toys, lots of High School Musical stuff in stock in my local branch....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Picked up a 22" sammy in clarehall today. Got one just as it wheeled out. I only want it for use as a monitor really and got it as I remembered it from this thread as being a good price. Although I'm tempted to bring it back and get the one off dabs for 100 less. I need to read up on its quality as a monitor. If I do bring it back, I'll post in case anyone wants to buy it at the same time.

I practically camped out in Tesco Clare Hall this morning and when I went to the jacks they must have come out.
    what price did you pay Baz, was it 25% off the previous 279 (209) or the 229 it mentioned on the flyer someone linked to earlier in thread ?

I'm northside and will buy it off you this afternoon if you're having second thoughts about the dabs monitor.

santa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

Do-more wrote: »
    25% off all toys, lots of High School Musical stuff in stock in my local branch....
    Good stuff whats your local branch?

Advertisement