Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25% OFF AUDIO VISUAL AND TOYS @ TESCO

Options
  • 25-11-2008 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Just a quick heads up for anyone thinking of purchasing some pressies for crimbo.
    The offer runs from this thursday to sunday and is "OFF" not "back" so it's cheaper at the till. #
    Some good tv offers at the mo, such as samsung 22" LCD was €379 now €279 then 25% comes off too. there won't be many of these around as the €100 off offer has been running already but there is definately some knocking about, I don't know where for definate but they're there.
    You can see that tv if you have a copy of last sundays papers as it was advertised.

Enjoy

Jarvis:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭podge3

Thanks Jarvis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Any model numbers for 22 Lcd?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Anyone know the price of, or if they have any 26" TV's? Anything from 26"-32" would be fine. Any better offer than this Power City Beko at €329 http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-11-26WLZ5 I'd be interested in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

do xboxs come under av?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

TheDriver wrote: »
    do xboxs come under av?
    I'd like to know too, as I'm after one as a Christmas gift.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

mad m wrote: »
    Any model numbers for 22 Lcd?
    its a T220HD see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57718309

jarvis wrote: »
    Just a quick heads up for anyone thinking of purchasing some pressies for crimbo.
    The offer runs from this thursday to sunday and is "OFF" not "back" so it's cheaper at the till. #
    Some good tv offers at the mo, such as samsung 22" LCD was €379 now €279 then 25% comes off too. there won't be many of these around as the €100 off offer has been running already but there is definately some knocking about, I don't know where for definate but they're there.
    You can see that tv if you have a copy of last sundays papers as it was advertised.

Enjoy

Jarvis:D
    They have a philips 32 inch model PFL5403D/10 for €699 which says has €100 off i.e now €599 Will there be a further 25% off that?see http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/ie/consumer/cc/_productid_32PFL5403D_10_IE_CONSUMER/Flat-TV+32PFL5403D-10

Edit had a quick look seems good to me. what you experts think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

do they have the new 4th gen ipod nanos in tescos? and would they be included in the offer, can anyone tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

mp3 and ipods included. consoles excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No discount on the X-boxes that was a few weeks ago! All Ipods are stocked but they can get very low in stock. Worth going in at 8 am tomorrow if your after that. Offer is 25% off all TV and Audio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Ladder22

Thanks for the heads up Jarvis

I dropped up to my local Tesco, best tv seemed to be the Phillips 32", hopefully the €100 will still be off come Thursday. Only review I could find was http://www.productwiki.com/philips-5000-series/ I presume the DVB-T is mpeg 2 and won't work in Ireland (MPEG 4)

they also have:
    Philips 37PFL 5322/10 €900
    Goodmans 37" GTVL37W27HD €800
    Goodmans 42" GTVL42W37HD €?
    Bush 40" LCD IDLCD40TV07HD €900
    Mirai 42" LCDTV 42HD €900

(these are today's prices, i.e. take 25% off for Thursday's prices)

They also had 3 smaller TVs.

Just in case you know any Tesco employees, apparently they get 45% off!

Davin

do they have nanos in any tescos? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

We got a huge delivery of the new ipods in my tesco branch today, now I know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

is this on in tesco up north as well?

Ladder, any idea if there was a 26" tv at all and what kind of price it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 jayo27

will DVD's be included in this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

Ladder22 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up Jarvis

I dropped up to my local Tesco, best tv seemed to be the Phillips 32", hopefully the €100 will still be off come Thursday. Only review I could find was http://www.productwiki.com/philips-5000-series/ I presume the DVB-T is mpeg 2 and won't work in Ireland (MPEG 4)

they also have:
    Philips 37PFL 5322/10 €900
    Goodmans 37" GTVL37W27HD €800
    Goodmans 42" GTVL42W37HD €?
    Bush 40" LCD IDLCD40TV07HD €900
    Mirai 42" LCDTV 42HD €900

(these are today's prices, i.e. take 25% off for Thursday's prices)

They also had 3 smaller TVs.

Just in case you know any Tesco employees, apparently they get 45% off!

Davin

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055420793&page=3
    list of mpeg4 tvs in above thread

I think they have a goodmans 26" for 499 and a Philips 26" for 569 or 579 for anyone interested. Too pricey for my budget even with the 25% back though!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I assume it isn't 25% off laptops also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 jayo27

Just seen the glossy mag advertising this half-efforted promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

jayo27 wrote: »
    Just seen the glossy mag advertising this half-efforted promotion.
    Explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Was in my local Tesco (Mullingar) this evening and they were well stocked up with big TV's but almost all were Goodmans & Bush, can't help feeling that there will still be plenty left by Sunday night!

No sign of any of the 22" Samsungs, has anyone seen them in Maynooth today?

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Was in my local Tesco (Mullingar) this evening and they were well stocked up with big TV's but almost all were Goodmans & Bush,[/qoute] Philips ?
    No sign of any of the 22" Samsungs, has anyone seen them in Maynooth today?
    no good to you butthere was one in Thurles when i passed thru yesteday in case anyone from that area wants one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

JAMM222 wrote: »
    is this on in tesco up north as well?

http://direct.tesco.com/q/buylist/id.4229.aspx

I think the store is in Banbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

BArra wrote: »
    do they have nanos in any tescos? cheers

Apple are doing their annual thanksgiving one day sale on their website this friday

saw that yeah but if last years one is anything to go by it will be crap offers from apple

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Does this start at midnight ?

Got a 26" Bush for 225 total at 8am in Bloomfields, Dun Laoghaire. Loads of other TVs there and didn't seem to be anyone else there early for the offers. I was there yesterday and saw only one Bush 26" for 299, I was after the cheapest 26" lcd with a good warranty. At 225 with a year warranty, I think I got a pretty good deal. Thanks Jarvis!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone know of any tesco stores close to o connell street doing this promotion, or what would be the nearest?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭jack24

Hi,

Unfortunately Ipods are not in the promotion (ClareHall tesco - any other Tesco doing the Ipods in the sale???). Anyone know where there are good deals on an Ipod 120gb Classic (saw a mention of an Apple store 1 day sale on Friday)?

Thanks,

Jack

Advertisement