Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22" LCD Monitor €114

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The last time I ordered from dabs they sent by standard mail.
    This order doesn't give me an option for delivery ,is it the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

3-4 days delivery is the only option afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Thanks OP. Dad ordered the 22" monitor for himself and I ordered the DS as a xmas present too :D Great find, thanks.

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

TPD wrote: »
    The scart would plug into the tuner box, likely through some adapter. I have a similar tuner box and it stores the channels itself.

I think most VCRs have a tv tuner, but you will lose a bit of quality going from vcr to scart adapter to this. Added to the already low quality of standard definition, it wont be pretty if you're anywhere near the screen.

The loss in quality wont be too drastic though? It'd only be for mo mhami who wouldn't really care about quality as long as she can make out the subtitles in them late night fordin movies she'll be fine :)

So if using a VCR, all she needs is the monitor, scart converter and speakers. Although the speakers might be ok? Do you know what type of converter she needs to get a scart to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Another thing would be volume adjustment, looks like you could do it with the ebay linked tuner, but probably not with a VCR?

Would this: http://cgi.ebay.ie/VGA-SVGA-to-3-RCA-Component-Cable-Video-For-pc-tv-UK_W0QQitemZ390011324227QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item390011324227 work with the VCR? It says "Connector RCA Component Y / Pr / Pb (M x 3)" so I'm not sure if that's the right connection for a VCR-monitor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Snickit

About to buy 2 over 1 24" lcd. Hope they are nice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Well just to update on my OP, 22" lcd monitor & DS Lite arrived this morning the 26th by UPS was shipped on 24th from the UK, very fast & cheap at €14 for 2 items.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea I got the monitor today too, not the DS yet though. Very efficient.

Adam

Great value ,someone is going to be happy at christmas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got the monitor today too. Itching to get home and try it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

Got mine today. Hooked up and working well. Have dual monitor set up with my old 14inch one which looks tiny beside it.

Lastbuilders

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

cormie wrote: »
    Also interested in this as a tv, but it would be for my mam, who is a complete technophobe. Could you still hook up a VCR/DVD player to it and what about sound? I'm guessing you need a seperate multimedia speaker/sub set up, the monitor and then the tv tuner and would it then be able to connect to the aerial for NTL from the wall? :)

EDIT: Ah I see it says built in stereo speakers, I wonder how good they are?

Peats have a little tuner which they specifically suggest using for TFT monitors... http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=21923&sid=14&cid=139&scid=499. Might be of use to you. I've no experience of using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Snickit

I ordered my two but had to send off an email for those stupid security checks. Hope they dont take long so I can take delivery soon :D
    Ordering the rest of the system from Hardwareversand tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

my one arrived without a poxy stand

Helix wrote: »
    my one arrived without a poxy stand
    I hate when that happens, :mad: the will send it on won't they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Greener

Please let us know asap as I ordered one a few days ago as well! Grr!

I got a stand with mine ,it's just a small thin square piece of plastic. I'd say it could easily fall out of the box ,it's placed at the top of the box in the centre.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Sold out.
    Could someone point me to a similar deal if possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

jayteecork wrote: »
    Sold out.
    Could someone point me to a similar deal if possible?

theres another on dabs. Looks a bit better imho for the same price.

Link

No reviews yet though.

bazwaldo wrote: »
    theres another on dabs. Looks a bit better imho for the same price.

Link

No reviews yet though.

What about this Acer?
    http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=5CTY&CategorySelectedId=11109&NavigationKey=11109&ExposedRefinement=11002

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

jayteecork wrote: »

White - not for me. The other Dabs Value has integrated speakers which the acer doesn't. Look around for some reviews. I looked for the Dabs one and could not find any reviews. I think its the same brand (not actually Dabs Value, but digimate) as the OP one just a different model number. Maybe this is the updated version

Hi all, OP here :D, the dabs 22" is indeed a Digimate L-2231WD, at least the one I got last week is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

I decided to get the 24" one yesterday which is a bargin for 214 euros. :)

So I can definitely hook up an xbox 360 via VGA to one of these?

Anyone try it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

cormie wrote: »
    Another thing would be volume adjustment, looks like you could do it with the ebay linked tuner, but probably not with a VCR?

Would this: http://cgi.ebay.ie/VGA-SVGA-to-3-RCA-Component-Cable-Video-For-pc-tv-UK_W0QQitemZ390011324227QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item390011324227 work with the VCR? It says "Connector RCA Component Y / Pr / Pb (M x 3)" so I'm not sure if that's the right connection for a VCR-monitor?

Did this turn out to be the correct adaptor?

Can anyone provide a link to a suitable adaptor? I want to connect the output from one of those 2.4 GHz tv sender things (Yellow, white, Red leads) to this monitor, but i dont know what adaptor will work.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody seen a similar offer somewhere other then Dabs.ie?

I've just finish going throw hell trying to getting the guts to build a full PC delivered from Dabs and will not order from them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Anybody seen a similar offer somewhere other then Dabs.ie?

I've just finish going throw hell trying to getting the guts to build a full PC delivered from Dabs and will not order from them again.

Pixmania stock or at least used to stock a similar range of value products, they were also Digimate. Check there.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭j_lennon18

I got 2 of these Dab 22" monitors last week for €110 each - Link (Now only €103.72) :eek:

Edit: here is the actual monitor you get -> Link

Overall i am very happy with the price/value of this item. But the bad stuff is:
    1) On 1 screen, there was 1 stuck pixel (red) but it doesn't bother me too much.
    2) The picture quality doesn't seem to be as good as my older screen - IIyama 17".

If you are fussy with colors for gaming/photo editing then i would get a better monitor. If not, then this is a good bargain. I will be using my 3 monitors on the same machine - 1 for outlook/messenger, 1 for development and the other for web browsing & doing remote desktop. For any graphic related stuff i will do on my older monitor.

So, basically its only a good deal if it suits your needs... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

j_lennon18 wrote: »
    I got 2 of these Dab 22" monitors last week for €110 each - Link (Now only €103.72) :eek:

Oh God, why did I have to see this...the bank are about to repossess my home but these are so cheap I want need one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

odd the Monitor price has dropped to under €100 (€99.84) but oddly enough the overall price is the same at just over €114 - so they've upped the shipping for no reason.......
    shipping prices are beginning to annoy me a lot now.....especially with a lot of companies shipping from distribution centers located here....(such as Amazon).....still a good bargain...

Advertisement