Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22" LCD Monitor €114

Options
  • 22-11-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

22" LCD Monitor here

reviews here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Jesus thats great value. I'd be tempted to buy one to have a dual screen setup. Sadly I have no reason to though lol.

How much is the delivery from dabs?
    Edit - 13.70

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Nice price alright but watch out. This wont work with the ps3 as there is no mention of HDCP on the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

What's the catch at the €114? I can't find anything similiar at anywhere near this price on komplett (for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Would be worth getting one with a standalone TV tuner like this - 22" LCD TV for just over €150! Ok not exactly a HDTV but fine for a kids room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JTD.Vapour

dabs itself is cheaper than komplett on nearly everything. I bought the 24" one from dabs, and it is GREAT not a single flaw in my opinion. As far as i know dabs makes alot of their stuff themselves. No idea how it is so cheap. They are great tho and would definitely buy it again.

-VaPz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They don't make their own stuff, their value range are just cheaper manufacturers. I think that one might be Digimate (DGM), which are an OK brand. I got the 24" monitor for 250 a good awhile ago, at a time when the nearest rival on Komplett was about 400. Granted prices have dropped a lot now, but at the time it was a fantastic deal. Never had any problems with it, fantastic screen and superb for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Lensman you are going to have to stop posting all these great deals as I'll have no money left from buying them all. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Nice price alright but watch out. This wont work with the ps3 as there is no mention of HDCP on the site

It'll work with the xbox 360 though. Just buy a cheap VGA cable off ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Seriously tempted. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Lensman you are going to have to stop posting all these great deals as I'll have no money left from buying them all. :D
    dig deep & spend it quickly because the green's & FF they'll pick your pockets untill
    you have nothing left,...belive me :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Seriously tempted. :):)

Dang it. Me too!

who was it that said " I can resist anything except tempetation"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭podge3

lensman wrote: »
    who was it that said " I can resist anything except tempetation"
    Oscar Wilde

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just bought one to replace my aging 17inch CRT.

Nice one!

podge3 wrote: »
    Oscar Wilde

Correct,.....& he could never have turned down 22 inches :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

lol @ lensman.

Should I buy 2 of these to replace 2 19in Samsungs?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Random wrote: »
    lol @ lensman.

Should I buy 2 of these to replace 2 19in Samsungs?

44 inches?

Yes please.

ok just this last one for tonight here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Stupid question: could I use this as a TV?

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Stupid question: could I use this as a TV?
    see eamon234's post on page 1 of this thread,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Also interested in this as a tv, but it would be for my mam, who is a complete technophobe. Could you still hook up a VCR/DVD player to it and what about sound? I'm guessing you need a seperate multimedia speaker/sub set up, the monitor and then the tv tuner and would it then be able to connect to the aerial for NTL from the wall? :)

EDIT: Ah I see it says built in stereo speakers, I wonder how good they are?

From one of the reviews:
    The speakers give an awful tinny sound.

:(

So to use this as a proper replacement you'd probably want to buy a Sub/Speaker set up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Would there be much point in uprgading from a 17 inch 4:3 LCD to this ?
    Would the screen be much bigger ?

Would there be much point in uprgading from a 17 inch 4:3 LCD to this ?
    Would the screen be much bigger ?

copyof200806130026eo6.jpg

:)

EDIT: Another question on this, I know with certain computer (laptop) screens, you need to be facing the screen directly to see the image properly, would this be the case with this monitor I wonder (therefore not being a good tv replacement)

well it's up to you, but screen sizes are measured diagonally, ie: from top left to bottom right

cormie wrote: »
    EDIT: Another question on this, I know with certain computer (laptop) screens, you need to be facing the screen directly to see the image properly, would this be the case with this monitor I wonder (therefore not being a good tv replacement)

The horizontal viewing angle is 170 degrees, so you'd need to be sitting at a 5 degree angle to the screen to be unable to see anything, which is very unlikely. The vertical viewing angle is 160 degrees, so again, unless you tilt the screen way up or way down, you should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 老大

cheers OP, was looking at buying a 22" today in Lidl @ ~ €279ish...

so glad i didnt !!

TPD wrote: »
    The horizontal viewing angle is 170 degrees, so you'd need to be sitting at a 5 degree angle to the screen to be unable to see anything, which is very unlikely. The vertical viewing angle is 160 degrees, so again, unless you tilt the screen way up or way down, you should be ok.

How would you get a scart connection on a monitor like this? and I wonder does the ebay tuner linked to actually store channels as the monitor itself wouldn't.

Does a normal VCR have a tv tuner? Maybe I could just connec the VCR to this somehow and then use speakers without any need for the tv tuner aswell?

cormie wrote: »

How would you get a scart connection on a monitor like this? and I wonder does the ebay tuner linked to actually store channels as the monitor itself wouldn't.

Does a normal VCR have a tv tuner? Maybe I could just connec the VCR to this somehow and then use speakers without any need for the tv tuner aswell?

The scart would plug into the tuner box, likely through some adapter. I have a similar tuner box and it stores the channels itself.

I think most VCRs have a tv tuner, but you will lose a bit of quality going from vcr to scart adapter to this. Added to the already low quality of standard definition, it wont be pretty if you're anywhere near the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just bought one to replace my aging 17inch CRT.

Nice one!

snap

Advertisement