Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin 22nd November

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

el tonto wrote: »
    So the plan is: ride to Enniskerry, get under the blankets, order hot coffee and shoot the breeze, then ride home?

That sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

So the plan is: Me El Tonto, WANTS TO ride to Enniskerry, get under the blankets, order hot coffee and shoot the breeze, then ride home.
    Ah come one now Tonto!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Us:
    PMS_ogrady_wideweb__470x318,0.jpg

Not us:
    paris-roubaix.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Ah come one now Tonto!!!

You're the one going around touting advice from Mr Bastardi.

You're the one going around touting advice from Mr Bastardi.
    Tonto ->
    jaybee-blanket.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Do you not think you could give it a rest for a few days? ... not that a few of these guys ( ie Tom and Tiny ) would not want to beat you up a hill while they can ... ( and I might actually wouldn't mind try to attempt that myself ) ... but seriously, maybe you can take the Luas and start your Christmas shopping, it is AS challenging as a hill climb or two.
    I have been giving it a rest all week (excepting short spin with Verb on Wednesday.) It is getting very frustrating! Plan is to go out and spin and take it easy at the back of the group.

Tom, Tiny and your good self have all beaten me up a hill already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

blorg wrote: »
    Tom, Tiny and your good self have all beaten me up a hill already :D

Have I? When was that then.. can't remember that

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

So the plan is: ride to Enniskerry, get under the blankets, order hot coffee and shoot the breeze, then ride home?

the last day there was a small blanket each and we all froze.
    I reckon sall gap from roundwood side, down in to glencree coffee INDOORS in the healing centre and back to Dublin .. to hopefully see Ireland defeat the Pumas. :)

http://yahoo.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule_clng2_day1.shtml
    Track cycling from 0730 mixed with cross country skiing up until lunchtime!
    I think I know what I'll be doing while you lot freeze your asses off in the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'm in.

It can't hurt any more than last time.

(FWIW I'm keener on earlier starts but happy to go with consensus)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

barrabus wrote: »
    the last day there was a small blanket each and we all froze.
    I reckon sall gap from roundwood side, down in to glencree coffee INDOORS in the healing centre and back to Dublin .. to hopefully see Ireland defeat the Pumas. :)
    Yeah we have to be back, fed and watered by 2.

Sally Gap via Roundwood (Old Long Hill/Ballinastoe??) is tough (for me), but it is definitely the most scenic route.
    Lovely pub in roundwood does lovely toasted sandwiches. Old Coachhouse or something like that.

Roundwood is not really on the route, unless you end up going to laragh and then come back up the waterfall side? Too far to be back in time for the game I think. I think it's more Enniskerry, long hill, ballinastoe, lugalla, SG, glencree ...

As ken says I don't think we would be going quite as far as Roundwood. I think this is the suggestion? I'd be on for that, although I wouldn't be averse to Laragh and the Wicklow Gap either.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

^^^ Seconded
    (As long as we coffeestop.)

Thirded ! As long as someone buys me tea :P

I'd be on for that, although I wouldn't be averse to Laragh and the Wicklow Gap either.
    "It's just a flesh wound"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

As ken says I don't think we would be going quite as far as Roundwood. I think this is the suggestion? I'd be on for that, although I wouldn't be averse to Laragh and the Wicklow Gap either.

How long does that route take for yee... on average ?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

I am easy enough route wise.
    I just want a warm place to stop and at some stage I need to ascend sally gap from the ballinastoe side .
    I have been up sally gap an awful lot in the last 7 to 8 years but strangely never from that side.

• Advertisement

Now I'm out. Just been getting sicker and sicker all day and at this stage it would be crazy to ride. Damnit to hell!

Now I'm out. Just been getting sicker and sicker all day and at this stage it would be crazy to ride. Damnit to hell!

Welcome to the dark side.

Out. Got tickets to the game! We're dropping like flies :D

Verb wrote: »
    How long does that route take for yee... on average ?
    Around 2h15m I'd imagine. Thats 56.5km @~25km/h average.

EDIT: Not 100% for tomorrow myself, just changed the chain on my bike and finding it difficult to get the shifting right, possibly I left it too long (over 5,000km) and need a new cassette. Not skipping, but difficult to get it to shift right into/out of the smaller cogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

I don't have a jacket, so I may revise my plans if it's freezing cold, but otherwise am on for tomorrow. 9.40 at luas bridge, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yo dudes, I am in top nick and feeling good. I shall see those that have evaded the winter bugs so far tmw at 9:40.

I don't mind the distance but I have to get back for a brunch around 12:30 if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Unfortunately I'm out.

Rode a bit too hard last night and my back isn't feeling up to three hours on the bike this morning.

Out - feel as sick as a small hospital. Some day I will make it on a Saturday spin. Enjoy the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

nuts, I slept in after being out late as the designated driver. Was really looking forward to a spin too :(

Hope it went well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Great spin,good to be back out with the group.101 hard earned km for me.Superb climbing from Verb and a fantastic effort from Caroline.The rest of us were not too shabby either!

Advertisement