Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin 22nd November

Options
  • 21-11-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

9am Harolds X Dog Track
    9.15 Dundrum Bridge

Who's in?

-I'm not in for a long one, particularly if my neck acts up, but will be good for 50-80k at least

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'm out, still not back to full health.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'm in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

tentatively, depending on
    blood in alcohol stream (mg/ml)
    ------------------------------
         sleep obtained (mins)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Raam wrote: »
    I'm out, still not back to full health.

I'm not full health either... I think someone's shirking!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

In - not in very good shape tho ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I would love to but still not fully recovered from Hep A virus (nasty nasty nasty). Just found out today that I can't give blood any more because of it.

Three weeks off the bike today. I can't describe what that's doing to me.:mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm in, although may be coughing and spluttering. Mrs T has a vicious cold and I think I may be starting to come down with it. Either that or I over did it on the old cancer sticks yesterday. Or both.

Need to drop into Joe Dalys beforehand to order some club kit, but hopefully will be done by 9:15.

Actually, looking at all the responses above, is there anyone riding tomorrow in the fullness of health? Tour de Crocks?

el tonto wrote: »
    Actually, looking at all the responses above, is there anyone riding tomorrow in the fullness of health? Tour de Crocks?

Niceonetom hasn't come up with a pre-emptive excuse... obviously not following euro rules :)

Tour de Crocks it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Deadly, this sounds like an appropriate spin for me to come along on. Although if I still can't keep up, even when you are all crocks, it's a bit damning.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,049 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Verb wrote: »
    Deadly, this sounds like an appropriate spin for me to come along on. Although if I still can't keep up, even when you are all crocks, it's a bit damning.

I wouldn't count on it.

Caroline beat me up Sally Gap a couple of weeks ago holding on with the bloody stumps of her broken fingers.

(ok, slight exaggeration)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

I am in.
    No injuries that I know of ...
    El Tonto check to see if Joe Daly opens at 9 or 9.30 .

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

barrabus wrote: »
    El Tonto check to see if Joe Daly opens at 9 or 9.30 .

Feck it. Not in the mood for playing catchup tomorrow if it opens at half.

Lumen wrote: »
    I wouldn't count on it.

Caroline beat me up Sally Gap a couple of weeks ago holding on with the bloody stumps of her broken fingers.

(ok, slight exaggeration)

haha ... Now I also have a f*cked up knee, 2 bad wrists and a few days eating spanish food with not much cycling apart from going from restaurant to another, I might as well be only cycling downhill ... ( actually no ... my broken finger still hurts on descents ... )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

unionman wrote: »
    I would love to but still not fully recovered from Hep A virus (nasty nasty nasty). Just found out today that I can't give blood any more because of it.

Three weeks off the bike today. I can't describe what that's doing to me.:mad:

Jesus, I just quickly googled Hep A. Poor bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

el tonto wrote: »
    Feck it. Not in the mood for playing catchup tomorrow if it opens at half.

how about 9.20 / 9.25 at the dog track and 9.40 at the luas bridge?

barrabus wrote: »
    how about 9.20 / 9.25 at the dog track and 9.40 at the luas bridge?

I'm fine with that

OK

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

9:40 sounds good. I will be limping along with my dodgy knee.

blorg wrote: »
    9:40 sounds good. I will be limping along with my dodgy knee.
    Do you not think you could give it a rest for a few days? ... not that a few of these guys ( ie Tom and Tiny ) would not want to beat you up a hill while they can ... ( and I might actually wouldn't mind try to attempt that myself ) ... but seriously, maybe you can take the Luas and start your Christmas shopping, it is AS challenging as a hill climb or two.

Honestly, I'd only slow the group down.

• Advertisement

Do you not think you could give it a rest for a few days? ... not that a few of these guys ( ie Tom and Tiny ) would not want to beat you up a hill while they can ... ( and I might actually wouldn't mind try to attempt that myself ) ... but seriously, maybe you can take the Luas and start your Christmas shopping, it is AS challenging as a hill climb or two.

Sage advice. If you have an injury, give it a chance to heal.

I don't know about that Raam. At the moment my lungs feel like they've been doused in paint stripper.

Raam wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd only slow the group down.

Slow it down to a comfortable speed for me maybe... you'll be fine mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Slow it down to a comfortable speed for me maybe... you'll be fine mate!

Well if its going to be done at a reasonably comfortable speed then I may head along. Also ill, but mad keen to take my new bike up the hills for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I ll probably join you for a small ride in around a month when i will be able to do more than 15km without having to call an ambulance!

Enjoy your ride guys!

ROK ON wrote: »
    Well if its going to be done at a reasonably comfortable speed then I may head along. Also ill, but mad keen to take my new bike up the hills for the first time.

See you there then mate!

It'll be the sickies spin, with niceonetom the only healthy one out the front!

ukie-joe-bastardi.gif
    12.gif

But
    met.ie_brand.gif
    nat01_weather.png?1519

ukie-joe-bastardi.gif

Ahem ....
    If your not already sick you will be after your saturday spin' ... if you're injured, you'll catch a cold and if your have a cold, you will slip and f*ck up your knee. Uninjured or unsick people... you may take your pick .... '

• Advertisement

Ahem ....

So the plan is: ride to Enniskerry, get under the blankets, order hot coffee and shoot the breeze, then ride home?

Advertisement