Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tractor-driver

It shows up when the alarm is armed , well at least it does if its part armed , if i do full armed it asks me to leave before it sets so i do not know if its on or not .Its not flashing as if there is a fault it stays on constant . Its not a problem , the alarm is working , no faults are showing up , just wondering why as i was reading the user guide a few days ago which said the status light should be lit when alarm is set. maybe i should leave well enough alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's not the fault light that's on, it's the status light.

Thanks for the reply Fred,
    You must have been out late or you are some early riser lol.
    First of all let me say that I'm partially coloured blind , green/red deficiency so i go by what lights are lit not the colour of them,
    So Fred you are correct as the 2 lights that come on when alarm is set are top (green) and third (red) , asked herself to check the colours.
    The confusion arose from reading the user manual which shows the third light as the trouble light and the bottom oval as the status light which I now know to be the infra-red detector.
    I'll try and post a screen shot of the picture from the user manual in a attachment.
    Thanks again to all who replied for your help

Edit. Attachment don't seem to work for me,

Thanks for the reply Fred,
    You must have been out late or you are some early riser lol.
    First of all let me say that I'm partially coloured blind , green/red deficiency so i go by what lights are lit not the colour of them,
    So Fred you are correct as the 2 lights that come on when alarm is set are top (green) and third (red) , asked herself to check the colours.
    The confusion arose from reading the user manual which shows the third light as the trouble light and the bottom oval as the status light which I now know to be the infra-red detector.
    I'll try and post a screen shot of the picture from the user manual in a attachment.
    Thanks again to all who replied for your help

Edit. Attachment don't seem to work for me,

Early riser im afraid.

It's a common question with 250's and it can be a bit confusing where the lights are located relative to the text.

• Advertisement

That diagram is wrong. The LED that's associated with the text is directly above it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 garry gold

Hi
    Does anyone know where I can get an installation manual for the Aritech CP42 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

garry gold wrote: »
    Hi

In a museum, sorry not meaning to be a smart arse but that is an old system and I don't think one is available in electronic form.

What do you need to know about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 larrygoat

Kub & Garry

I too have an Airtech CP42. Must've been popular. Its still working and I have a user code, just not a programmer code. Iim sure I can reprogram it to phone a cellphone or something. Is there a way or do I really need to rip it out and start over?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To self monitor this the easiest option would be to get a generic voice dialler & connect it to a bell output.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

garry gold wrote: »
    Hi

Sent you the manual by P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Evilbart

Ok so just moved into a new house and the aritechcs350 alarm was showing low battery.I purchased a 12v 7ah battery and replaced it today but now the alarm panel is flashing the following faults on screen.

230v fail
    230v rest
    Batt. Low
    Power fail
    Tamper
    Cabinet tamper

Any suggestions please I really need the alarm up and running and am very close to ringing an engineer but don't won't to be charged big money for an easy fix.

Thanks

Can you please arm the system, then switch it off again.

kub wrote: »
    Can you please arm the system, then switch it off again.

Ok so I armed then disarmed the alarm and now the fault codes have gone.
    Is that it then everything should work ok?
    Thanks a lot for the replies.

Evilbart wrote: »
    Ok so I armed then disarmed the alarm and now the fault codes have gone.
    Is that it then everything should work ok?
    Thanks a lot for the replies.

That is it, you will probably notice it actually reported what you did when you changed the battery

That is it, you will probably notice it actually reported what you did when you changed the battery

Yep makes sense now thanks for help:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 E_OS

Hi. I'm based in bray & just wondering if you could recommend someone who could install a battery in my aritech alarm? It's been showing low battery for a few days & now the keypad is gone dead. I'm not confident enough to tackle it myself.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 opm

My Aritech alarm is ringing and I can't turn it off. It's not the usual alarm that goes off if it triggers when armed, or if the power is cut. It's a higher frequency chirping sound, and it's loud! I've armed and disarmed it but no joy.

Does anyone know if this is what happens when the battery gets very low? I don't know what to do now, short of getting out the ladder and seeing I can figure something out. I don't know what model the unit is, but the panel is a CD3008.

Anyone got the number of an alarm installer/servicer in the Clonsilla area? Or have any ideas as to what to try from the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

opm wrote: »
    My Aritech alarm is ringing and I can't turn it off. It's not the usual alarm that goes off if it triggers when armed, or if the power is cut. It's a higher frequency chirping sound, and it's loud! I've armed and disarmed it but no joy.

Does anyone know if this is what happens when the battery gets very low? I don't know what to do now, short of getting out the ladder and seeing I can figure something out. I don't know what model the unit is, but the panel is a CD3008.

Anyone got the number of an alarm installer/servicer in the Clonsilla area? Or have any ideas as to what to try from the panel?

The CD 3008 is the keypad off the system. You would need to locate the control panel to see what system you have installed as a number of different systems use this keypad.
    It sounds like the bell itself is gone faulty as it is not responding from the keypad.

Unfortunately I am too far away but it sounds to me like your Bell box is gone faulty.Is it still going off?

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    The CD 3008 is the keypad off the system. You would need to locate the control panel to see what system you have installed as a number of different systems use this keypad.
    It sounds like the bell itself is gone faulty as it is not responding from the keypad.

Thanks. The fact that I didn't know the control panel was in my laundry room will tell you everything you need to know about me and domestic chores.

Unfortunately I am too far away but it sounds to me like your Bell box is gone faulty.Is it still going off?

Not going off anymore, thanks. Battery was original from 1998.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shadowd

Hello
    My name is Frank and I'm from Naples in Italy,
    and we have a home alarm dialer Aritech cs375sps10 with cs535 and cs208 expansions.
    This all works fine or almost
    I only have a small problem when I connect the phone line wires to the alarm this one "occupies the line" indefinitely and makes me turn the phone " out of place " .
    At the time I escuso telephone line from the alarm call and I could not otherwise get .
    How can I fix ?
    PS . LED3 (communication telephone line) on the main board when the alarm is connected to the telephone line wires every second flashes weakly and the rhythm is followed by a "th" imperceptible that you hear from the handset if I raise a phone.
    At home we have an analog phoneline.
    We also tried escudendo all other phones and removing the ADSL filter leaving only the alarm connected directly to the telephone line .
    I've tried setting the prefix in the " comma " that ignores any dial tone but it did not work and I removed the " comma "
    Thanks for any help.

ps. if I start the dialer test and connect the phone line when the call starts up as normal but the line is never " disengaged".

I'm new and I can't add image
    oi62.tinypic.com/6h3o2e.jpg

Can you help me?
    The led bus on cs535 blink always if phone is present or not.
    I tried to reset cs375 central but I did not solve problem.
    Please Help.
    The alarm is new and up to now phone line wires are not linked to alarm.

Hi Frank, sorry but I am not familiar with that Aritech panel. But it sounds to me like your dialler unit might be faulty. When your telephone line is disconnected from the dialler does your phone operate normally?

Once disconnected, does the keypad report no phone line?

Do you have broadband on this telephone line?

Yes When I disconnect phon line wires from alarm on cs5500 keyboard appears the message "Guasto linea telefonica" "Phone line fault".
    When the telephone line is disconnected from the dialler phone operates always normally.
    I have a phone line POTS "analog line" and a ADSL (Asymmetric line Digital Subscriber Line) on the same phone wires
    on telephone line and internet has not problems if dialler is connected to phone line.

I can make a phone calls with or without electricity at home, I don't have VOIP with my internet provider.

From here it seems to me that your dialler is faulty and needs replacing. If I were you I would get your alarm company to call out as we here would have very limited technical knowledge of the systems which are in use in Italy.

I know the thread title mentions Aritech and I know that is an International brand but the OP is referring to Aritech ' s Irish products.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

On thing to try though is to make sure the Alarm panel dialler has an ADSL filter dongle on it - like the ones you would have already on the landline phones.

- Before you replace the dialler - might be worth a shot to do a reset of the dialler to default settings if you can (record all settings first so you can reenter them) - maybe some setting was changed by accident.

It does though sound like the others said a faulty dialler.

“Roll it back”

I have an adsl filter on the line.
    I resetted to factory set the central so the phone number and sattings in dialler menu were disappeared.
    Is there something that I can do to reset only dialler?

I tryed to connect phone wires on tx1/rx1 (input) and on tx2/rx2 (output) but nothing changes.
    The only answer from Aritech is that my phone line is probably incompatible with aritech cs375 but it's impossible because my uncle has same alarm with same phone service provider and his alarm make call without problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Mycro

I have an Aritech CS350. The external bell seems to ring during the walk test. Is this normal?

Is there a panel setting to disable the external bell during the walk test? I couldn't find one myself!

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It could be the internal and external are connected together,
    In Maintenance goto output test and test 6 on its own and see what sounds.
    Does both bells ring?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement