Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

siblers wrote: »
    The midweek game is good but its a grind, I came joint first the most recent Wednesday with 3 other lads. At 3am we decided to split it 4 ways as we were all even on chips.
    The last Monday I played in there I won it but what I won compared to what I invested just wasn't really worth the time and effort which kinda put me off going back. Its good aul craic in there though, very friendly and there's no unsavoury people in there which is great.

I totally agree that the Monday game shouldn't be used to build a bankroll but like you said, its good craic, which is why I play, cheap entertainment and all that. Well done on chopping the game, Mark, Eamonn, Cathal and Padraic. The idea of that game is that its a grind instead of the usual games. The regular games are definitely not games to try and make a profit on. Just fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭siblers

dobman88 wrote: »
    I totally agree that the Monday game shouldn't be used to build a bankroll but like you said, its good craic, which is why I play, cheap entertainment and all that. Well done on chopping the game, Mark, Eamonn, Cathal and Padraic. The idea of that game is that its a grind instead of the usual games. The regular games are definitely not games to try and make a profit on. Just fun.

Thanks :D.I was hoping Connie would do a big all day tournament like he did last year with the 2 day event. Doesn't seem to be on the cards though.

siblers wrote: »
    Thanks :D.I was hoping Connie would do a big all day tournament like he did last year with the 2 day event. Doesn't seem to be on the cards though.

No, I was talking to Derry about that and the timing never seeems right. Had Puck 2 weeks ago, the league final last week, a bank holiday next week and then your getting out of the summer time. I did ask about maybe September or October but there are a few €200-€500 games on all over the country e.g the IPO in Dublin in October so the space for a game for Connie to attract players from different parts of Ireland doesn't seem to be there. I would love a good €250 2 day game, but I'm happy with my Monday night out at the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

is the nike factory open on a sunday?

is the nike factory open on a sunday?

Yep, 12-6pm :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 pthestewart

Hello Killarney folk. Could anyone tell me is there any sort of public transport from Killarney to Bantry? If not direct, how would it be best to get there?

Hello Killarney folk. Could anyone tell me is there any sort of public transport from Killarney to Bantry? If not direct, how would it be best to get there?

Get the bus from Killarney to Cork, I think the bus goes once an hour from about 8am.

And then get the bus from Cork to Bantry http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1308580333-236.pdf

Fairly awkward but the only way I can find and the train would be a lot more awkward, hope it helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

dove2011 wrote: »
    The food is lovely & very reasonable but on occasion the manageress can be cold and unwelcoming.

I was in once before and she was very friendly to my group!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DennyPa

kaji wrote: »
    I was in once before and she was very friendly to my group!

was lovely there on Friday, nice place to eat...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

dobman88 wrote: »
    Get the bus from Killarney to Cork, I think the bus goes once an hour from about 8am.

And then get the bus from Cork to Bantry http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1308580333-236.pdf

Fairly awkward but the only way I can find and the train would be a lot more awkward, hope it helps :)

It's a pity he wasn't travelling during the Summer months he could have got the 270 and 252 via Kenmare
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1370855983-252.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Seany81

hi does anyone know where you could get mens levi or wrangler jeans in killarney tried everywhere quills used do them before but not anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Seany81 wrote: »
    hi does anyone know where you could get mens levi or wrangler jeans in killarney tried everywhere quills used do them before but not anymore

Very hard to get your hands on them in Killarney. Debenhams in Tralee is where I go to get mine.

does anyone know the bus times from killarney to tralee a wednesday???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1279293742-285.pdf

Don't forget the train too - at 2 hour intervals from 8.15 to 22.15

lottpaul wrote: »
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1279293742-285.pdf

Don't forget the train too - at 2 hour intervals from 8.15 to 22.15

thanks v much, l can never find those timetables on their website!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DennyPa

Just heard Killarney won Ireland tidest large town today. Fair play to Kenmare aswell. Great news.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/kenmare-and-killarney-win-national-titles-at-tidy-towns/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Blinky285

Hey, I just started working in a hotel in town and I live 25mins away so I'm looking for somewhere to rent. Looking for somewhere close to city centre, within a 10 min walk. Single room, ensuite if at all possible.

Blinky285 wrote: »
    Hey, I just started working in a hotel in town and I live 25mins away so I'm looking for somewhere to rent. Looking for somewhere close to city centre, within a 10 min walk. Single room, ensuite if at all possible.

Hi Blinky, welcome to town, wherever your from. :)

What's your budget? Get the Killarney advertiser on Friday evening, they have loads to rent in that.

http://www.rent.ie/rooms-to-rent/kerry/killarney/room-type_either/

Number 5 and number 7 might be too far out to walk to town. everything else is 10-15mins. What hotel are you working in? Would give us a better idea about which area in town would be closest to you.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?s%5Bcc_id%5D=c14&search=1

More of the same things on that site but it shows Tralee and Killorglin too so I find rent.ie easier to navigate. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Their is a house on the Park Road with a camera set up on a tripod on the upstairs window with the footage capable to taking in their own front area and also that of it's neighbours

i.e. The entire front-area from front-door of both houses right out to the main street are covered by this camera.

How come this is allowed happen without the neighbours being informed of the erection of said camera; and that their comings and goings would be monitored without permission 24/7 from moment the front-door is opened - surely a quiet word would be the way to go here?!

Any other areas in Killarney with perving neighbours?

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Their is a house on the Park Road with a camera set up on a tripod on the upstairs window with the footage capable to taking in their own front area and also that of it's neighbours

i.e. The entire front-area from front-door of both houses right out to the main street are covered by this camera.

How come this is allowed happen without the neighbours being informed of the erection of said camera; and that their comings and goings would be monitored without permission 24/7 from moment the front-door is opened - surely a quiet word would be the way to go here?!

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

I would imagine they wouldn't think there's too much of a difference betweem having the camera there, and someone sitting inside the window looking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Thanks,
    kerry4sam
    I don't know if I would call it perving but possibly security conscience people. And I think if you noticed the camera the neighbours would also and if they felt their privacy was not being respected they could take it upon themselves to deal with it.
    I have to admit it would be rather unsettling to live beside such extreme measures if it is for security reason.. A they are other options I am sure they could look at.. Just glad they are not my neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I would imagine they wouldn't think there's too much of a difference betweem having the camera there, and someone sitting inside the window looking out.
    Halo Kitty wrote: »
    I don't know if I would call it perving but possibly security conscience people. And I think if you noticed the camera the neighbours would also and if they felt their privacy was not being respected they could take it upon themselves to deal with it.
    I have to admit it would be rather unsettling to live beside such extreme measures if it is for security reason.. A they are other options I am sure they could look at.. Just glad they are not my neighbours

Just awaiting a reply from the Data Protection Commissioner to gain their views on this. Won't be contacting local Garda Station as think it utterly pointless , but can't say I've heard anything to warrant this measure. Maybe those with the camera know something of the area that I haven't heard yet.

Just awaiting a reply from the Data Protection Commissioner to gain their views on this. Won't be contacting local Garda Station as think it utterly pointless , but can't say I've heard anything to warrant this measure. Maybe those with the camera know something of the area that I haven't heard yet.

As far as I know as long as its not directed in your windows or front door its okay.

I remember a few years back painting the resource centre in shanakill in tralee. They had a camera outside that would scan all around the estate. But the security firm fitting it had to black out the view of the house windows and doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Rosier

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Not perving; staying safe is all which they have every right to do. These are dark times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

How do you know they didn't ask the neighbours for permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Does any one find the vodafone coverage in Killarney to be really bad for the last few days? Dropped calls, line break up, one or orther of the callers cant hear the other etc. It seems to be fine else where in the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Does any one find the vodafone coverage in Killarney to be really bad for the last few days? Dropped calls, line break up, one or orther of the callers cant hear the other etc. It seems to be fine else where in the county.

My aunt is in Killorglin she is having a lot of problems too, dropped calls, not hearing. Don't know what is going on with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Same thing is happening with Vodafone down in Kenmare and nearby in Kilgarvan, must be a county wide thing.

I got about ten text messages from them today saying that the problems in my area had been sorted out. Didn't say what the problems they had sorted out were though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

teaholic wrote: »
    My aunt is in Killorglin she is having a lot of problems too, dropped calls, not hearing. Don't know what is going on with it.

Probably something to do with the 4g network upgrade

Advertisement