Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Kildare pulled away in the last few minutes of the first half. Its not looking good for Micko here.:(

To organise Wiclow football which has been a mess for decades into a force that can get to the last 12 in the country is an unbelievable achievement no matter what the result is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I never thought I'd use the word "clinical" to describe Kildare forwards. It's great to see.

I never thought I'd use the word "clinical" to describe Kildare forwards. It's great to see.

Some improvement on last year alright. Was in Croke Park to see them against Fermanagh in the quarter finals(I think it was a QF anyway). It was scoreless after 25 minutes. It was the poorest displaye of shooting from two intercounty teams I've ever had the misfortune to witness in person. Geezer has done a really great job with ye.

Edit: I see Galway lost to Donegal, I'm mildly surprised by that. What is it about Galway that they can have so many really good footballers but haven't gotten their act together for a proper challenge in a good few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

flahavaj wrote: »
    Some improvement on last year alright. Was in Croke Park to see them against Fermanagh in the quarter finals(I think it was a QF anyway). It was scoreless after 25 minutes. It was the poorest displaye of shooting from two intercounty teams I've ever had the misfortune to witness in person. Geezer has done a really great job with ye.

Edit: I see Galway lost to Donegal, I'm mildly surprised by that. What is it about Galway that they can have so many really good footballers but haven't gotten their act together for a proper challenge in a good few years?

Galway have always been muck in the qualifiers, Meehan had a stinker as well which did not help.
    Wicklow should have scored a goal in this half.:mad:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Galway have always been muck in the qualifiers, Meehan had a stinker as well which did not help.
    Wicklow should have scored a goal in this half.:mad:
    Still in the game though, definitely a goal in them yet.

Edit: There ya go!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The Galway footballers are ****ing ****e. The hurlers will kill Waterford and play Tipp and then lose to Killkenny in the All-Ireland final.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The Galway footballers are ****ing ****e. The hurlers will kill Waterford and play Tipp and then lose to Killkenny in the All-Ireland final.

An all Leinster hurling final. Sexy.;)
    Wicklow were unlucky in the end, some poor shooting from them granted, but Kildare stepped it up when they looked in serious trouble. They will be one to avoid in the quarters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

woof

YEEOOW

GOWAN DE F*CKIN DEISE
    BOY

Kilkenny next, oh God, I can't sit through another raping.

00018288189r.jpg Gowan the Mullanimal, what an utter hero of a man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Was der a match on?

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Was der a match on?

Naw, just happy to be from Waterford bah.:pac:

Naw, just happy to be from Waterford bah.:pac:

Ah, that was an invite to tell us about the game.

I assume you were at the game.

Ah, that was an invite to tell us about the game.

I assume you were at the game.

I was bai, pure heart stopping stuff. To be perfectly honest we were pretty terrible for 60 minutes. But say what you like about Davy Fitz (and I'm far from his biggest fan) but one thing he has instilled in this team is a never say die attitude and he has them fitter than I've ever seen. Galway will be sickened by that defeat, they were the better side for quite a good bit of the game, but at the end of the day, they never made their superiority show on the scoreboard and let us back into the game in the vital last few minutes.

But now we have Kilkenny and to be honest after sitting through the final last year with those f*ckers laughing in my face in the stand, I'm absolutely terrified of a repeat performance.:eek:

At least ye have the races bai.:pac:;)

But seriously keep the chin up, I know all about heartbreak and ye are definitely on the right road. All ye need now is a bit of big game experience and the cuteness required to close out those games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

haha I actually forgot to watch the match :( EVERY time I do they lose anyways so I guess I did the county a favour by not watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Let's be fair. Galway lost because they didn't take their easy scores. Waterford got very lucky with some decisions but I do hope ye beat Killkenny (as unlikely as it is :pac:)

Let's be fair. Galway lost because they didn't take their easy scores. Waterford got very lucky with some decisions but I do hope ye beat Killkenny (as unlikely as it is :pac:)

That'll come with time and more big game experience. Maybe ye should give Joe a run with the footballers after his point with the boot! He gave her some welly.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Take it to one of the Gaa forum please folks, I don't want Gaa chat monopolosing the thread as it excludes a lot of folks from joining in since not everyone watches it, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

does any one no who cobra starship are here ?

orestes wrote: »
    Take it to one of the Gaa forum please folks, I don't want Gaa chat monopolosing the thread as it excludes a lot of folks from joining in since not everyone watches it, thanks :)

Sorry, chief, I'm just a very happy man tonight.:D

• Advertisement

I'm not normally involved in complimenting men for how they look but Gary Lineker is on BBC2 with is missus now and he got less Ugly as the years passed.

His Missus looks pretty good herself.

camero wrote: »
    does any one no who cobra starship are here ?

Never heard of them I'm afraid, they a band or something?
    I'm not normally involved in complimenting men for how they look but Gary Lineker is on BBC2 with is missus now and he got less Ugly as the years passed.

It's cos as he got older his head grew to the right size for his ears :pac:

Thats what my Missus said, straight after she teased me for noticing his looks.

If that was to happen he'd end up with a HUGE noggin like Mr Potato Head or something.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Pains me to say it..

Lee Evans is kinda funny....

CMpunked wrote: »
    Pains me to say it..

More than kinda.

Why does it make you hurt to say it?

Thats what my Missus said, straight after she teased me for noticing his looks.

Are you comparing me to your missus? :p
    Pains me to say it..

No, no he's not. He's a mime artist on speed, not a comedian. Can't stand the sweaty git

Pains me to say it..

For some reason I can't remember I used not to rate him, but now I really like the guy. He has a habit of growing on you I think.

Are you comparing me to your missus? :p

Em yes I think i did, but that wasn't the intention.

No, no he's not. He's a mime artist on speed, not a comedian. Can't stand the sweaty git

Thats a pretty good description. Is it bad that I find the whole mime artist on speed thing funny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

For some reason I can't remember I used not to rate him, but now I really like the guy. He has a habit of growing on you I think.

I was kinda the same.

Wouldnt bid him time. Now i find some of his one liners are great.

Was watching a compilation of him last night and he was saying how you take your trousers off at night and the coins fall everywhere and its like a break out in some money jail.

Very funny.
    :)

Also how much he sweats to me implies that he is pretty passionate about what he does.
    For example i cant stand Tommy Tiernan anymore.
    His idea of stand up is "Roar and shout and the audience and swear sometimes and do something controversial to cause some laughter."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement