Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hit 80 yet?

Options
  • 17-11-2008 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

I'm only halfway through 71.. Haven't been playing alot. Doesn't seem like too much of a grind though. 2k a kill rested xp, 20-25k for quests.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

dlofnep wrote: »
    I'm only halfway through 71.. Haven't been playing alot. Doesn't seem like too much of a grind though. 2k a kill rested xp, 20-25k for quests.
    I'm almost 77. Not in a huge rush, built up my Engineering to 425 and my Blacksmithing to 395. Made some cash crafting sundries and played the AH to fund my never ending addiction to Saronite Bars.

Cleared Howling Ford and Borean Tundra completely of quests and almost done with Dragonsblight. Getting the achievements for the quests while leveling; for nice relaxing xp gain, with lots and lots of money on the side. Also, I really like the achievements for some reason. I think it just appeals to the perfectionist in me, when I can see how many quests are left in a zone (or get a reasonable proximity), I just cant help but keep clearing them.

Also, makes me feel silly overpowered, level 76 stomping through dragons blight; ganking and AoE as I please.

Not to mention battlegrounds. Almost completely untouchable when most of the other team is made up of 70's or people 3+ levels below me. Makes for a very satisfying BG even if you lose :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Where should I quest after Howling Ford? I cleared up the quests there, but still half a bar to 72. I'm in Dragon's Blight at the moment doing a few quests, but everyone around me is like 74 - So I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

74 and have stopped levelling my main and switched to an alt. Going to try and make the most out of rested xp as I've 3 chars to level through Northrend.
    Where should I quest after Howling Ford? I cleared up the quests there, but still half a bar to 72. I'm in Dragon's Blight at the moment doing a few quests, but everyone around me is like 74 - So I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be there.
    Dragon's Blight is next (level 71-73 roughly). Since once we hit 80, the xp from quest rewards will be converted to cash, lots of people (myself included) are clearing both starting zones before heading to DB so that we'll have more higher level quests available to us when we ding. :)

I'm making the most of it though, reading full quest logs etc. and exploring random areas. Definitely enjoying the experience more than when I basically powerlevelled my first char to 70.

So where should I move onto if I want to save the quests in DB for cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Dinged 80 yesterday and done Naxx 10 today, we killed all bosses in Arachnid and Military Wings and Patchwork from Abomonation Wing, we'll finish it off tomorrow. Got myself a nice T7 chest :D

• Advertisement

grats man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

So where should I move onto if I want to save the quests in DB for cash?
    Borean Tundra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

I forgot to mention that WOTLK is _WAY_ better than TBC imo, the quests are clever and fun and the areas are spectacular. i also love the way Arthas appears in many of the quests and dungeons, it makes you feel a lot more involved in the story. I didn't grind to 80 like some of the lads i know (even though i did wanna be one of the first 80's on the server), i took my time with questing and truly enjoyed it, so much so that i didn't sleep much the last few days :P

If your wondering if it would be good enough to warrant renewing your old subscription, it really is!

I thought the deathknight quest at like 57 or 58 where the Lich King comes down was great. You could hear them talk. Felt like I was playing a good old fashioned single player RPG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Heh. Only 71 still. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i missed the comelling story of how the death knight form the ebon blade...because the npc had been activated by someone else and i got to the chapel and was like " ok why am i fighting arthas now"

If i had the choice id stay with him, and bash all you lot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

After 2 and half years away from WOW, Im F*cking loving being back in the swing of things. I just dinged 73 last night, and I've managed to replace all my gear with blue's from AN and UG. Its fun being proc pala never have a trouble finding a instance run.

I am getting worried about being so happy being back in wow! finding the motivation to go to evening lectures after work is going to be real difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Yeah 80 since earlier sunday morning. First naxx 10 man is tonight looking forward to it. Did about 2/3 of the heroics last night. They where disappointingly easy compared to what the tbc heroics where initially :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

only dinged 71 last night...lovin my 60 death knight tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

My Druid is 79 atm, should be 80 tonight. I'm still resto specced and permanently LFG for the level 80 instances but there doesn't seem to be any takers yet, or else it's just guild runs that are happening. :/ I've started repping with the Sons of Hodir anyway, that seems to be the most useful faction atm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

72 only on my main have only had about 6 hours play since release be another few weeks for me I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im on 73hunter, 72lock, 71warrior, 69Deathknight at the moment. Having way to much fun to power level. I still cant get over how powerfull Fury warriors are with dual 2h weps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

75 at the moment. Got my tailoring up to 417 to try to make money off the spellweave and moonshroud cloths (cant do ebonweave yet - need to be able to fly first). Started in the grizzly hills this morning.

Agree with Psycopat - the quests are brilliant. What impresses me most is the organisation and order that they are available in. It's rare enough that I have had to go into the same area more than once (e.g. quest: 1 kill wolf type a; quest 2: get drop from wolf type a). Beforehand, the norm was that quests that weren't initially available until you completed one certain quest, but now it seems that some quests won't become available until after you receive a certain quest pertaining to the area involved. It makes the grind a lot less frustrating.

Also did the battle for the undercity this morning. Absolutely epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Rogue is 76 Almost, gotta bar or 2 done this mornin before work and another to do. Herbing about 450 & alch 400 or sumfin.

Can't wait till get lock there with the amount of skinning opportunities I seen about, loadda undead pots on him from scourge invasion. Should be fun :D Hopefully some nice rested xp on him. 70 still atm i think.

Death Knight is tempting to level too, no professions yet and dunno what would be best to do :s Prob skinnin and minin on him. Level 58 think it is just :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Hit 80 yesterday, can't believe how fast some people lvled, but done afew heroics and to my dissapointment they were piss easy, unlike tbc heroics they were pretty hard when starting them, im still mostly in my sunwell epics but the blues in the heroics are really really good and piss all over my imba tier 6.5 epics,
    Might do naxx 10 man today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Woden wrote: »
    Yeah 80 since earlier sunday morning. First naxx 10 man is tonight looking forward to it. Did about 2/3 of the heroics last night. They where disappointingly easy compared to what the tbc heroics where initially :/

QFT, TBC Heroics when 1st dinged 70 were in the main at least a bit challenging to reasonably difficult. Everything this time round seems too easy. Our Guild has already cleared 3/4 of Naxx 10 and its not been out a week yet, and theres now 4 or 5 Guilds worldwide who have cleared all the PvE content, in TBC it was nowhere near that fast, now granted WOTLK PvE content is limited atm, but in TBC noone cleared Kara, Grull and Mag in 60 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

Hit Server First level 80 Mage, (Alonsus), on Sat evening. :)
    Very easy when you focus on just quests, ignoring all instances.
    Currently clearing out Naxx, and just waiting for the server's to come back up now to continue... :D

Hit Server First level 80 Mage, (Alonsus), on Sat evening. :)
    Very easy when you focus on just quests, ignoring all instances.
    Currently clearing out Naxx, and just waiting for the server's to come back up now to continue... :D

congratz

The server got a ping last night with a guy called fink who was server first top leatherworker...and id say his pc turned purple with pms of gratz haha

Thats a great achievement mate well done

Thanks,
    When I got first it recieved over 500 whispers in less then 30 seconds, all I heard was BEEP BEEP BEEP with each whisper, crazy !!! :P

I think Tailoring is still up for grabs and I'm about 15 points off it, so thats my next goal.
    Don't know any Irish players on Alonsus, what side / name do you go under Doc ?
    Mine is "Savangel - Alliance"

Kratus/horde/The Maelstrom

We had our first 80 in guild last night and there was a party haha

Btw whats the addon to make pm's beep, that would be dead handy, always missing ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Kratus/horde/The Maelstrom

We had our first 80 in guild last night and there was a party haha

Btw whats the addon to make pm's beep, that would be dead handy, always missing ****

is it not default, i always beep when a new person whispers it doesn't beep if he does it again in space of a min or so

I use Fubar, and the whisper addon is called "whisperFU"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I use Fubar, and the whisper addon is called "whisperFU"

Ive 2 alts on alonsus on horde side, and i know bardcharlie has his main on the horde side too. That realm is seriously overpopulated by alliance, questing around thunderbluff was a nightmare with all you feckers running around killing the npc's and flightmasters !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Thanks,
    When I got first it recieved over 500 whispers in less then 30 seconds, all I heard was BEEP BEEP BEEP with each whisper, crazy !!! :P

I think Tailoring is still up for grabs and I'm about 15 points off it, so thats my next goal.
    Don't know any Irish players on Alonsus, what side / name do you go under Doc ?
    Mine is "Savangel - Alliance"

Used to be a good few of us irish on that server. Horde side...
    I stopped playing some months ago and wont be back.
    Fanuc on hord is still playing...
    TheFelixLegion was also run by an Irish GM.
    Anyways have a good time guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Manties wrote: »
    Ive 2 alts on alonsus on horde side, and i know bardcharlie has his main on the horde side too. That realm is seriously overpopulated by alliance, questing around thunderbluff was a nightmare with all you feckers running around killing the npc's and flightmasters !

I cant play any more i have a 17 week old child.

Wisper fanuc for money. I sent him 7.5k gold. And loads more stuff worth maybe another 5 or 6k gold. LoL i bet he would love that :)

Advertisement