Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v New Zealand; Croke Park 5.15pm (pre/during/post discussion thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Good game. we're kinda lucky to be still at 0-0

We're a little scrappy when we have the ball though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Quinlan really needs to be careful i wouldnt be surprised if he gets binned tonight

Oh sweet Jesus ROG what was that? David Skrela in disguise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

As a South African, I approve of the reffing so far in this game...:pac:

Harsh call? I dunno iv seen ref's give a penalty try and not give a yellow card and the other way around havent seen ref's use both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Listening to this online from the US, audio only - was that decision as bad as it sounds?

Listening to this online from the US, audio only - was that decision as bad as it sounds?

No it was deserved but just as i said iv seen that decisions were one or the other way awarded and not both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Bloody typical.....level the game with 2 minutes in the 1st half and a penalty try....and a yellow card. Hopefully the lads will come out in the 2nd half and do what most teams seem to do when they are down to 14 men......play even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Disgraceful decision.

What were the RTE commentry talking about.

He got to the fekin ball. Couldn't be a penalty TRY.

Noopti wrote: »
    Bloody typical.....level the game with 2 minutes in the 1st half and a penalty try....and a yellow card. Hopefully the lads will come out in the 2nd half and do what most teams seem to do when they are down to 14 men......play even better!

Its a huge ask considering NZ are really pushing us on the wings and are targeting that area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Deserved penalty try. Hope we don't fall apart with 14 v 15

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Harsh on Ireland re the try - O Gara was fouled before the try was scored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

The penalty try I see no problem with. But the yellow was absolutely uncalled for. Where was the yellow for the high tackle from Sivivatu?

And what the hell was that re: O'Driscoll's kick! The touch judge put his flag up to note an infringement, and it bloody was! Yet the ref played it on. Joke of a decision.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

the problem with Ireland is that they are panicking down in the 22. Its going to be a big ask to win now, but I'm sure the lads will come out fighting in the second half.

andyman wrote: »
    The penalty try I see no problem with. But the yellow was absolutely uncalled for. Where was the yellow for the high tackle from Sivivatu?

And what the hell was that re: O'Driscoll's kick! The touch judge put his flag up to note an infringement, and it bloody was! Yet the ref played it on. Joke of a decision.

It wasnt high, it was a legitimate tackle but he rose once he connected most ref's would of let it be.

And btw 90% of ref's these days will not award a penalty against players barging other players when they kick i know its in the rules but sadly thats the way its being reffed

Life easier for the boys for the next 10 minutes

should have been a red card for woodcock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Stev_o wrote: »
    It wasnt high, it was a legitimate tackle but he rose once he connected most ref's would of let it be.

And btw 90% of ref's these days will not award a penalty against players barging other players when they kick i know its in the rules but sadly thats the way its being reffed

But the ref said it was high. High tackles should be yellow card offences if Bowe got a joke of a yellow.

And why wasn't Woodcock red carded? There's no room in rugby for punching.

should have been a red card for woodcock

Reactions are generally yellow though i havent see the footage of it.

Also how the hell did Carter get through there? He was juggling with the ball and managed to glide through the defence

andyman wrote: »
    But the ref said it was high. High tackles should be yellow card offences if Bowe got a joke of a yellow.

And why wasn't Woodcock red carded? There's no room in rugby for punching.

Nah he said to rose high completely different thus meaning it wasnt intentional more accidental.

Ha mate rugby is filled with punching whether we like it or not its just the physical nature of the game yes there's no place for it but ref's have to take into account that pro players (well most) dont punch for no reason most of them are generally reactions to a provocation thus a yellow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Game Over now I'm afraid

I love the logic of beating New Zealand by giving them the ball :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Game Over now I'm afraid

What about now?:eek:

Game over, poor tackle by Kearney really all he was doing was soaking a tackle.

Thats been the real difference in the game, NZ have managed to tackle and drive players back but when he tackle we'v only just barely managed to put the man on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Damn - that Luke Fitzgerald has some talent.

Game over now - O Connell needs to come off, though we've only two back rowers on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Getting closer to a try

• Registered Users Posts: 30,119 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

too many errors. Would have liked too see ireland be more fluid and careful with the passes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Ireland need like 1 day a week for handling training..so many simple mistakes with the all blacks rarely make, except for just there.

• Advertisement

There are so many unforced errors coming in on both sides - but Ireland are trying to push it, which doesn't help

Advertisement