Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Digital LCD 32inch KDL32V4000 plus Sony Home Theatre System e549.00

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭itsmine

Tusky wrote: »
    I went into the sony center and the only one they were offering was the S4000 rather than the V4000 with the surround sound for 549. Apparently it isnt nearly as good as the V4000.

Yes, it's the S model they sold me in the Sony centre, but they told me the spec was the same, just the casing was different. Was I had?

S model spec
    V model spec

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I went into the sony center and the only one they were offering was the S4000 rather than the V4000 with the surround sound for 549. Apparently it isnt nearly as good as the V4000.

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭itsmine

itsmine wrote: »
    Yes, it's the S model they sold me in the Sony centre, but they told me the spec was the same, just the casing was different. Was I had?

S model spec
    V model spec

Apparently not. It's taken me awhile, but I've just gone through the technical specs of each set line-by-line and the only difference between the two TVs is that the S series (from the Sony Centre) is 1cm wider and 1.7cm taller than the V series (from Currys), but is the same depth. From looking at the photos of the two sets, the S series has a wider gloss black bezel too. Phew! I was worried I had been sold a pup :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

When I bought my TV/HomeCinema offer earlier today I declined a HDMI cable from the Sony Centre @ €34 too. Where's best value for these leads?
    Tesco, for €2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Tesco, for €2.50.

Yep, can't beat Tesco for that price!

Failing that, Dealextreme have them here - works out about €6.70 delivered - delivery is usually about 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Apparently not. It's taken me awhile, but I've just gone through the technical specs of each set line-by-line and the only difference between the two TVs is that the S series (from the Sony Centre) is 1cm wider and 1.7cm taller than the V series (from Currys), but is the same depth. From looking at the photos of the two sets, the S series has a wider gloss black bezel too. Phew! I was worried I had been sold a pup :p

Managed to get the S4000 with the surround sound for 549. Not quite as good a deal as the V4000 (theres 100 euro in the difference between them in most shops) but still good value.

The sony center I went into didnt actually have any left, but they checked the computer and are having one delivered to the store from a different branch. I paid upfront for it. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

This is still available for delivery. Bought one in Liffey Valley Retail Park. Will be delivered to house at a cost of €30 extra.

Dufresne wrote: »
    This is still available for delivery. Bought one in Liffey Valley Retail Park. Will be delivered to house at a cost of €30 extra.

I tried to have one delivered yesterday but the guy in Currys couldn't put it through the system. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

AS you walk in the door of the LV branch - its on display right in front of you and they are taking orders. Bought mine after 5 last night and the couple in front of me and the guy behind me all got the same thing. (Was so tempted to ask if they read about it here.) Double checked receipt and it is the V model.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Managed to get the S4000 with the surround sound for 549. Not quite as good a deal as the V4000 (theres 100 euro in the difference between them in most shops) but still good value.

The S series is every bit ad good as the V. Its just a different design, thats it. Check out the specs here. If anything, the S series looks more expensive IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Makes you wonder what the sales will be like in Jan...probably 400 or so just for the telly...the margin on them isn't v high but see that's why the currys dude tried to sell hdmi/warranty etc...they get hammered by their managers if they don't sell these things successfully...oh the memories of working there...the horror:L

Great deal though, I took a look in Sony Centre, the specs ARE identical, I'd actually go with the S series, it's sleeker and better build IMHO

Makes you wonder what the sales will be like in Jan...probably 400 or so just for the telly...the margin on them isn't v high but see that's why the currys dude tried to sell hdmi/warranty etc...they get hammered by their managers if they don't sell these things successfully...oh the memories of working there...the horror:L

Great deal though, I took a look in Sony Centre, the specs ARE identical, I'd actually go with the S series, it's sleeker and better build IMHO

They are both nice but I prefer the V4000. If anyone wants to swap a v4000 for an S4000 new, in box, let me know!

V4000
    4674_Sony-KDL32V4000.jpg

S4000
    4905524505559_l_f_l_0.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The S series is every bit ad good as the V. Its just a different design, thats it. Check out the specs here. If anything, the S series looks more expensive IMO

Is that all the difference? Just looks? Does either have different parts? i.e cheaper ones used in one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

The Currys offer ends tomorrow right? Does anybody know if the Sony Centres will end their offer at the same time? I don't get paid til Thursday and this offer was exactly what I was looking for :(

GothPunk wrote: »
    The Currys offer ends tomorrow right? Does anybody know if the Sony Centres will end their offer at the same time? I don't get paid til Thursday and this offer was exactly what I was looking for :(

I was under the impression that the Currys offer was ending tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Rockin wrote: »
    UPDATE : Cork - Mahon point sold out
    Limerick - 1 Left @ 2.00 pm
    Navan have around 5 left
    Everwhere else is pretty much sold out.

If you speak to the head manager, you can pre-order the TV package for December 1st
    Note: The offer ends on Wednesday and after that they will be sold separetely at full price.

Posted earlier in the thread, not sure if that means Tues. evening or Weds. evening.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

kearnsr wrote: »
    Is that all the difference? Just looks? Does either have different parts? i.e cheaper ones used in one?

Not sure about the actual parts of the bezel, i.e the plastic around the thing. I have only seen the V series, never the S. The V did look pretty nice, though. The S looks alright, from the pictures anyway. But yes, as for technical bits, they are completely identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know if the region lock can be removed from this DVD player via a code you input or otherwise?

Thanx,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone know if the region lock can be removed from this DVD player via a code you input or otherwise?

Thanx,
    M

Dont think this particular model can be unlocked with a code (unless someone proves me wrong). If you're willing to pay this site has this model listed mate http://www.dvdcodes.net/prods/sony/sony-100-299mopdels.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Sick I missed this. :(

Just been discussing with the missus about geting a TV for our daughters room for Christmas, and the parents could also do with getting a flatscreen. Would have been perfect ! :(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

don't worry there will be the same or better offers just after christmas, possibly before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any alternatives to this around?

Preferably bricks and mortar shops, its for the grandmother and she's not into "teh internetz".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Seen this TV, and ONLY the TV in a shop this evening for a whopping 699 Euro....mama mia!!

Advertisement