Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Digital LCD 32inch KDL32V4000 plus Sony Home Theatre System e549.00

Options
  • 13-11-2008 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    Purchased a 32inch sonyLCD plus Sony Home Theatre System today in Currys Carrickmines Retail Park for e549.00.Super deal as this TV is e829 in PowerCity Bray and the Theatre system in reduced to e200 from e269 in Powercity.Total e1029 Powercity,e549 Currys:).The Theatre System upscales to 1080P plus has DTS audio.radio and Sony Bravia Sync(Both units talk to each other via 1 remote or something like that).I bought a stand in Powercity e80 much cheaper than the one they have in Currys and looks identical,plus HDMI for e9,Currys wanted about e30.This deal is not in any of their fliers and they have about 50 in stock,but were selling quickly,if anyone is interested I Would get there tomorrow as at this price I cant see stock lasting until Sunday.Theatre System model number DAV-DZ260

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Wow, that really is a great deal alright. I wonder if this is nationwide....

Anyway, i'm guessing this is the free dvd HC system. I have one and its an amazing system for 200e. Can connect sky, 360 and ps3 all through digital optical and the 5.1 surround is great. SO loud too, and dont get me started on how much of a difference the subwoofer makes.

The 32v4000 is a great tv too and 540e would be quite a good price for it on its own in a shop, not a mind with a HC system thrown in.

This really is a bargain lads!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Review of the tv if people are interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

viv.ie wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    Purchased a 32inch sonyLCD plus Sony Home Theatre System today in Currys Carrickmines Retail Park for e549.00.Super deal as this TV is e829 in PowerCity Bray and the Theatre system in reduced to e200 from e269 in Powercity.Total e1029 Powercity,e549 Currys:).The Theatre System upscales to 1080P plus has DTS audio.radio and Sony Bravia Sync(Both units talk to each other via 1 remote or something like that).I bought a stand in Powercity e80 much cheaper than the one they have in Currys and looks identical,plus HDMI for e9,Currys wanted about e30.This deal is not in any of their fliers and they have about 50 in stock,but were selling quickly,if anyone is interested I Would get there tomorrow as at this price I cant see stock lasting until Sunday.Theatre System model number DAV-DZ260

I just saw this advertised on Skysports News with a free sony theatre system. I might make a trip over tomorrow night, a bit late now and need to think about it.

kearnsr wrote: »
    Review of the tv if people are interested

The Aussie model in that review is definitely not the same as the irish model Its Full HD for a start, in that review and the european model, for sure is only HD Ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭hargo

i was in the Drogheda store today and they told me the offer was coming in and would be €649

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

viv.ie wrote: »
    I bought a stand in Powercity e80 much cheaper than the one they have in Currys and looks identical,plus HDMI for e9,Currys wanted about e30.

You were robbed for the HDMI lead, only e2.50 in Tescos! :D

The deal sounds awfully tempting but I'd be shot if I came home with another telly! :o

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

399 sterling up north. Given the exchange rates atm it could almost be worth the trip over the weekend if you were interested in this. Working out around 462/463 atm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The Aussie model in that review is definitely not the same as the irish model Its Full HD for a start, in that review and the european model, for sure is only HD Ready.

Yeah I was looking at that. Didnt realise there was a few diffent models with the same referecne numbers.

Any one got the exact spec? IF it was full HD I would have bought one tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 37 market_garden

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Question about this model. It says that you can "Play from and record direct to USB". Does that mean you can record tv onto usb through the dvd player ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

cheers.

i cant find it on the site, but does anyone know if this tv has an optical out?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Tusky wrote: »
    Question about this model. It says that you can "Play from and record direct to USB". Does that mean you can record tv onto usb through the dvd player ?

I bought it a couple of weeks ago, I will have a look for you Tusky I have set it up but havn't had time to play with it yet, I didn't see a thing about record thou in the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Boggles wrote: »
    I bought it a couple of weeks ago, I will have a look for you Tusky I have set it up but havn't had time to play with it yet, I didn't see a thing about record thou in the manual.

Had a glance over the manual there. available here

Didnt have time for a full look, but on page 66 was the only reference to recording i could find, and it seem to just be talking about recording mp3 to the USB from an audio cd. So not much use.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

On page 41, the subtitle under Enjoying DivX Videos says
    (Except for United Kingdom and North American models)

So no divx playback?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just called them there now, still a few left, though not many.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone know if this is available in other stores?

Nope, I asked them that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

zing wrote: »
    399 sterling up north. Given the exchange rates atm it could almost be worth the trip over the weekend if you were interested in this. Working out around 462/463 atm.

If anyone is thinking of going North for this Currys have a "ring and reserve" facility on their website so that you can be sure that they will have stock for you!

Link

invest4deepvalue.com

I rang Liffey Valley and they have them too! Just got two of them. Thanx so very much to the OP!

m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

sold out in northern ireland already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

sold out in ballincollig and mahon point too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

The site says:

DivX : No

Baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Also no audio in to the surroundsound apparently, 1 device only.

Comment on Amazon:
    'Sadly, it can't connect to the 360, so i've still got to use the tv speakers when playing my xbox. Theres just no audio in! But i may be able to use an optical splitter. (hopefully) '

I have a Wii so the front two speakers in the TV will do me.

It has no DivX which is a bummer but it does have a VGA connector so I can connect my netbook and watch movies that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

zing wrote: »
    Hi can i come too? I'll pay you petrol and lunch.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GKN18

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    sold out in ballincollig and mahon point too

Surprising, 20 in Mahon Point when I rang about 11am.

Got mine about 12.30pm, must have been a close shave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭tvbrat

ch750536 wrote: »
    Also no audio in to the surroundsound apparently, 1 device only.

Comment on Amazon:
    'Sadly, it can't connect to the 360, so i've still got to use the tv speakers when playing my xbox. Theres just no audio in! But i may be able to use an optical splitter. (hopefully) '

Hi
    I have the DAV-DZ260 for a while now, just a quick note to say, that the scart on the back is two way for audio, so with a scart to phono adaptor, you can input an audio source, such as a tv set-top-box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

GKN18 wrote: »
    Surprising, 20 in Mahon Point when I rang about 11am.

Got mine about 12.30pm, must have been a close shave!
    sister rang, they said they had 10 left, went only for them to have said sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Seems to be on the power city website now for 549.00

• Advertisement

This is the power city link. Do NOT buy this one,though. The model in this one is the 32L4000 rather than the V available at Currys. The 32" L is s**t. Only 15000:1 contrast ratio compared to the 32v4000's, 30000:1. There is no Bravia engine either which means SD will look horrendous. Very cheap looking also. Do NOT buy this tv. Tell them to give you the 32V4000 or else you're going to Currys

Advertisement