Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Digital LCD 32inch KDL32V4000 plus Sony Home Theatre System e549.00

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Sorry bout that thought it was the same one.
    Bit Busy in work and not supposed to be on line

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Just seen this post now. If someone really wants this package. Ring around. They have/had limited stock in all Curry's stores. Limited to 1 package per customer. It was advertised in the Metro today. Savage deal in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

where is the best/cheapest place to get the wall mount bracket for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Zonda999 wrote: »
    This is the power city link. Do NOT buy this one,though. The model in this one is the 32L4000 rather than the V available at Currys. The 32" L is s**t. Only 15000:1 contrast ratio compared to the 32v4000's, 30000:1. There is no Bravia engine either which means SD will look horrendous. Very cheap looking also. Do NOT buy this tv. Tell them to give you the 32V4000 or else you're going to Currys

What are the chances of them doing that deal?

Parents are looking for a tv like this at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Hard to know really. They wont be getting any business otherwise so they'll have to offer something to anyone who runs that explanation by them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i just saw the ad on the tele there,

looks like they're going to be nationwide!

jobs a good 'un

i think i might get a friend of mine to get it for me in cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Just got mine in Curry's in Limerick. A big thanks to the OP. The guys in Curry's said they got 43 in yesterday. Now (or as of 10 min ago anyways), they had 5 left. And someone had just called in on the phone to check for stock levels, so make that 4 left probably.

God bless the Bargain Alert forum!

Edit: As the OP and Zonda999 said on the first page, the home cinema system included is a DAV-DZ260. Curry's have the RRP at €219, but it available on Pixmania for about €200 inc postage (http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/s_action/search/index.html)...either way a great deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nuttyhotspurs

tvbrat wrote: »
    Hi
    I have the DAV-DZ260 for a while now, just a quick note to say, that the scart on the back is two way for audio, so with a scart to phono adaptor, you can input an audio source, such as a tv set-top-box.

i bought the kdl32v4000 and the dav-dz260 today from currys for in my spare room to watch dvds & play on my wii

couldnt believe it when there was no optical out on the back of the tele! is that the only way i can send audio into the sound system? using the red and white audio out sockets on the tv and into the scart on the rear of the surround sound box???

will that detect the audio automatically? for example if i decided to plug my wii into the component sockets aswell (on the tv of course), i would get sound out of the surround sound system? would i need to select a certain mode or something?

any help from anyone would be appreciated
    thanks in advance

Just noticed that I'm the only one to have thanked the OP for the heads up on the offer.....come on guys....show your appreciation to the man:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sooooooooo tempted!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Got 1 in Limerick as well, plan was to hook it up in the spare room to my PC and Xbox, herself now wants it in the bedroom, I think I'm going to have to get another 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

rosboy wrote: »
    Just got mine in Curry's in Limerick. A big thanks to the OP. The guys in Curry's said they got 43 in yesterday. Now (or as of 10 min ago anyways), they had 5 left. And someone had just called in on the phone to check for stock levels, so make that 4 left probably.

hey which currys where you in town or the one out by the parkway, might see if they have any left tomorrow and try convince the dad to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 market_garden

Just got the TV in Carrickmines. They had run out of Home Cinema Systems so they will call me when it's back in stock in about 2 weeks time.
    I can collect it then. Not too bad.

Harpy wrote: »
    hey which currys where you in town or the one out by the parkway, might see if they have any left tomorrow and try convince the dad to buy one.

Isn't it a Dixon's in town? I got mine in Parkway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Richersounds have the TV for 319 sterling (http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SONY-KDL32V4000U)
    so about €372, and Pixmania have the sound system for €185, so if you miss this deal you can pick it up at a similar price, well about €50 more including delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

TYHat RS price for the tv alone is an amazing price IMO. I dont think the lads are able to ship it down to us at the moment, though. Supply issues, i assume. Thinkin of headin up to Belfast to get a tv off them next month...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

rosboy wrote: »
    Isn't it a Dixon's in town? I got mine in Parkway.

no it changed to currys there about two months ago, hopefully not many people realise that so might pop in to town tomorrow(eventhough currys and dixons were the same company and had mostly similar deals, but fingers crossed people don't know that either) a lot of hoping in that sentence and still gotta convince the dad haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Osuileabhain

Bought two from Currys Liffey Valley to celebrate the Eurozone recession announced earlier today - worst Irish sales quarter since 1983 apparently - wasnt apparent at Currys

-anyways were all hooked up at home. Watching 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' with the new home theatre surround system - class - hope loads of you availed of the offer -what a deal -

thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

They have the same deal in the Sony Centres. I was in Swords today and they had some in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

If anyone is still looking for this, I was in Harvey Norman in Mullingar about 2 hours ago and asked if they could match the Currys deal, they said yes but didn't have the DVD/surround sound in stock only the telly.

The guy checked the stock in other stores. From what I remember there was just 1 free stock in Swords, more in Dundalk , Limerick and Tralee had about 7 or 8 each.

I wasn't looking to buy this myself but if I was I would have asked the guy to give me the Telly now and put the DVD/surround sound on back order, not sure if he would have agreed but might be worth a shot!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Do-more wrote: »
    The guy checked the stock in other stores. From what I remember there was just 1 free stock in Swords, more in Dundalk , Limerick and Tralee had about 7 or 8 each.

A friend of mine was looking for one, so we went in for the store opening this morning in Limerick (Parkway). All TV's were sold out. They had a few of the home cinemas though. They ordered a TV for him, and told him they'd have it for him Wednesday! He took the Home cinema away with today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Devastated I missed this :(

If anyone hears of anyone getting more stock in please tell me. I could have gotten it yesterday but left it until this morning and everyone is out. Ack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Tusky wrote: »
    Devastated I missed this :(

If anyone hears of anyone getting more stock in please tell me. I could have gotten it yesterday but left it until this morning and everyone is out. Ack.

Don't lose heart matey!

No point in anyone going to stores at this satge. From my running about the place this morning I learnt that there might have been a few in PC world near the Jarvis? But none in any of the Currys bar maybe the odd one in the counrty side. Naven etc. Their stock gets updated over night so they couldn't really tell people what was what. I learnt that just listening to the dude in the Square tell a crowd who had surrounded him :D They basically sold out over night.

I did venture to the one in Liffy valley and you can order one though with a delivery charge of 30 euro. That is what they offered me. Delivery to your abode etc. Delivery time about two weeks.

They are all sold out in the North too so no point in heading to Newry. I managed to get two by getting my Nordie based bro to look online. There were none in Currys.co.uk but he found them in Dixions (They and PC world all being the same company.) None Dixions now but pcworld.co.uk http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/634591

Oh and I tried the Sony centre in the Square and they said they never stocked that model. I did however pick up a rather spiffing sandwhich maker come G Forman type grill with removable plates for handy cleaning! http://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Product=44701 :D

Hope some of that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Currys up north well sold out, they had 2000 units available throughout the uk apparently (and probably ireland), all gone - the stores got word at 11.00 this morning to stop the offer apparently, as some were selling the theatre system and telling the customer that the tv would follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Picked up one in Curry's, on William St. in Limerick about 2 hours ago - they had 2 systems left and I was told you could pay for one of them now and you they would get another delivery of a few of them in about 10 days to fill these orders.

Barely made it out of there without being brow-beaten into buying "extended warranty" for €150 and "HDMI cable/noise-filter" set for about 60 quid. FFS! :rolleyes:

HDMI cables alone must be responsible for a good chunk of the profits these guys are making on this.

Anyway - great baragin, nice telly - extra thanks to the OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭itsmine

I got my set in the Sony Centre in Dundrum this morning.
    Thanks OP for the bargain alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭itsmine

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Barely made it out of there without being brow-beaten into buying "extended warranty" for €150 and "HDMI cable/noise-filter" set for about 60 quid. FFS! :rolleyes:

HDMI cables alone must be responsible for a good chunk of the profits these guys are making on this.

When I bought my TV/HomeCinema offer earlier today I declined a HDMI cable from the Sony Centre @ €34 too. Where's best value for these leads?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

itsmine wrote: »
    I got my set in the Sony Centre in Dundrum this morning.
    Thanks OP for the bargain alert.

I went into the sony center and the only one they were offering was the S4000 rather than the V4000 with the surround sound for 549. Apparently it isnt nearly as good as the V4000.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

UPDATE : Cork - Mahon point sold out
    Limerick - 1 Left @ 2.00 pm
    Navan have around 5 left
    Everwhere else is pretty much sold out.

If you speak to the head manager, you can pre-order the TV package for December 1st
    Note: The offer ends on Wednesday and after that they will be sold separetely at full price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Doodlebug wrote: »

LOL, you must have had the same guy as I had (Javier according to my receipt), nice fella but was pushing the cables a bit much, and as for the warrenty.......

Advertisement