Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Nenagh to Limerick

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,753 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

They just announced on 2fm that Nenagh to Birdhill section is now open.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

koth wrote: »
    They just announced on 2fm that Nenagh to Birdhill section is now open.
    YIIPPPPEEEEEEEE.
    Anyone been on it yet?
    Can someone take a spin over and check?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

fresca wrote: »
    YIIPPPPEEEEEEEE.
    Anyone been on it yet?
    Can someone take a spin over and check?

I live in Newport so I could but Im unemployed and saving my petrol money. Im heading to Dublin tomorrow week for an interview so I will see then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Noel Dempsey will be doing the photos in Nenagh at 4pm if yiz would all like to go and cheer him :)

Berty wrote: »
    I live in Newport so I could but Im unemployed and saving my petrol money. Im heading to Dublin tomorrow week for an interview so I will see then.
    roger. best of luck.
    i'm sure that someone will post up some photos over the next few days...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Best of luck with the interview. Just because its fresh in my mind. Small bit of advice, i had an interview Tuesday. I would have got the job but i didnt prep enough. Dont make the same mistake i did. Still i am happy to have a good job, but a change woulda been nice.

Good on ya Bothair Hibernian, we have half a motorway to Limerick anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Any more word on the Road??? Am driving Limerick to Wexford via Mount Rath tonight. Am like a kid waiting for the easter egg hunt!!! :cool::D I cant acess the AA roadwatch webpage seems to be down!! I hope this is not just an April fools joke!!! :P

kiwipower wrote: »
    Any more word on the Road??? Am driving Limerick to Wexford via Mount Rath tonight. Am like a kid waiting for the easter egg hunt!!! :cool::D I cant acess the AA roadwatch webpage seems to be down!! I hope this is not just an April fools joke!!! :P

From AA roadwatch...
    The M7 between Nenagh and Birdhill has officially opened to traffic. Traffic coming from the Dublin can exit the M7 on the Birdhill link rd(R494), which will lead to the Birdhill R/A on the existing N7. From Limerick direction access the new motorway via the Birdhill R/A and link Rd to the Birdhill interchange (J27).

clouds roll back... sun shines... music plays...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

just on the AA twitter there:

@aaroadwatch: In #Tipperary the M7 between Nenagh and Birdhill has officially opened to traffic. www.aaroadwatch.ie for more details

I'll drive it after work I think and see how it goes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

fresca wrote: »
    From AA roadwatch...

clouds roll back... sun shines... music plays...

BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT I COULDNT BE HAPPIER (WELL i COULD IF THE BROUGHT THE ROAD ALL THE WAY TO LIMERICK!!) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE UPDATE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭clon

couple of articles on M7 birdhill-limerick bog section and M7 motorway service area which I knew nothing about on front page and page 21 of online edition of Nenagh Guardian.Artist's impression of service station on page 6.

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODE/NenaghGuardian/

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dergside

Txt'd Mrs D to say it was open. She replied to say that she left Nenagh at 3:00pm heading for Birdhill and it wasn't open at that point.

Hopefully she was just a little bit too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Great news

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Not an april fools I hope

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The N8 is now closed because of a serious crash north of Abbeyleix and Noel Dempsey has apparently decided not to brave the heavy Cork traffic which is being diverted via Mountrath at present.

So the county council are rooting out a few councillors and fellas with chains to open the road themselves....before 5pm I understand. Dempsey is off playing golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

*M7/TIPPERARY* Further south and the M7 between Nenagh and Birdhill has officially opened to traffic. Traffic coming from Dublin for Birdhill can exit the M7 on the Birdhill link rd(R494), which will lead to the Birdhill R/A on the existing N7. From Limerick direction access the new motorway via the Birdhill R/A and link Rd to the Birdhill interchange (J27).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Great news I'll take a drive on it tomorrow just for the scenery alone. April fools day was a perfect opening for this given the shambolic progress. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,012 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Not an april fools I hope

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

Will be driving down that way tomorrow. What towns are bypassed? How much time will it save?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Will be driving down that way tomorrow. What towns are bypassed? How much time will it save?

No towns are bypassed at all. Might save 5/10 mins though, depending on what traffic you met on the old N7

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think I was one of the first cars on it this afternoon, think it was about 3:30 as I was going through. Bit of a wtf moment when I saw the familiar exit walled off with cones. The new road goes quite high up on the hill, then rejoins back at birdhill.

Bring on the next leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It will save you all that time where you cannot overtake all those trucks and slower drivers.

However when you get to Birdhill you all just pile back up on top of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

It will save you all that time where you cannot overtake all those trucks and slower drivers.

At least there is an overtaking lane between Birdhill and Limerick. Lets hope the contractors can now focus all their efforts on the small 300m section of boggy problems on the unopened section.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dergside

Drove it tonight. Quite impressive bit of road and some great views along the way. The amount of run off drainage holding areas along the road is noticable. Its 1.3 miles from the roundabout in Birdhill to the slip road on to the M7. That's a fair old link road there.

At Nenagh there is a coned section bringing the road down to a single lane in both directions just around the first Nenagh exit going east. From driving it both ways it looks like the reason is the bridge over the railway line. The road surface seems to be complete so its not clear what the issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭phog

However when you get to Birdhill you all just pile back up on top of each other.

I turn off in Birdhill so I'm sorted :)

Took the following this evening, left it a bit late so I only got a few.

C5080D12676747D6BACE678925CA7092-800.jpg

4010BDE0A8F943BDA7A649B69E08A6B4-800.jpg

D452FB8FEC754FF7B581F7BA47BF040A-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

Which of the sections marked on this map have opened as fully-fledged motorway with a 120 km/h limit?

http://www.nra.ie/RoadSchemeActivity/LimerickCountyCouncil/N7NenaghLimerick/Map,16490,en.pdf

The full section between junction 24 and junction 27? Or just the section between junction 26 and junction 27?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

dergside wrote: »
    At Nenagh there is a coned section bringing the road down to a single lane in both directions just around the first Nenagh exit going east. From driving it both ways it looks like the reason is the bridge over the railway line. The road surface seems to be complete so its not clear what the issue is.

Cowboys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Six hours after opening it is mapped on OSM. Thats impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

dergside wrote: »

Irish Rail may still be dragging their heels over signing off on it as a DC overbridge...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

Drove the stretch earlier, very impressive, nice graduated bends, well signposted and some stunning scenery.

There's a bit of an incline just south of Nenagh, that might be a little bit of a struggle for heavy artics, but as for coming down the hill at the other side..."shooting fish in a barrel" springs to mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement