Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Nenagh to Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭roosterman71

gryff wrote: »
    Clearly this is wrong as the toll plaza is on the M7 after the M8 joins it. But the sense of it is right - if you are travelling on the M7 and want to drive south on the M8 you will have to travel beyond the toll plaza to the Portlaoise interchange in order to change motorways ??

And here's the kicker. Travelling east on the M7 and you want to get onto the M8 going south. If you don't go cross-country, you need to travel past the split/merge of the M7/M8, on to Portlaoise and through the toll. Then you have to go back through the toll and split for the M8 then. So you get tolled twice!! Alternatively, you take the N8 from Portlaoise through Abbeyleix, etc,etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭clon

taken from www.aaroadwatch.ie

*N7/TIPPERARY*From 4pm (approx) there will be a new road layout for Dublin bound traffic on the N7 Dublin/Limerick Rd at Carrigatogher, Nenagh. Dublin bound traffic will be routed across the flyover at Carrigatogher Interchange and onto the newly constructed eastbound merge. * Motorists should follow the directions indicated on the permanent signage and the temporary speed limit of 60km/h remains in place.

looks like some movement on the interchange at long last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Yea was over it last night there. It's taking shape nicely! Lots of workmen looking like they were getting ready for an alnighter at the flyover

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

I hear they were working on interchange until 12 Friday nite...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

They were there at 10pm when I was passing and it didn't look like they were finishing up any time soon.

I also say allot of vehicles (flashing yellow lights and bright white lights) further up the road towards birdhill.

To me it looked like the interchange was pretty much done except for a few both of wearing course. (however it was dark and those lights they were using were very blinding)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

This is great news. Thanks for the updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Thin Surface wearing course has been laid from underneath the overbridge back towards the tie of the Nenagh Bypass/M7 proper in the hard shoulder/lane 1 of both carriageways. Lane 2 for both carriageways is the current temporary alignment for traffic, so maybe tomorrow they might switch over the Temporary Traffic Management.

Now for a rumour that I heard today. Apparently one of the subcontractors was driving a low loader along the motorway to collect a machine but there was a leak in the diesel tank. This is going to result in the thin surface wearing course being planed out and relaid over the stained section. Not sure of the length involved.

Lol at the rumours, anything.... anything to delay the opening. Next it will be some squirel on the road and everything has to be halted...:pac:

There really is something going on here. and its not like they are finishing it. Its just beyond silly at this point. Why this scheme? Why a delayed project be delayed by 3 years? Why no media attention? Why are the NRA not making any validity within reason to these delays? Why hasn't the ministers spoken about this? Why are we constantly fed this shiite day in day out.

Its a pothole in the road, its an oil spill, its the bog, its the weather, its the railway bridge its this and that.

Its not acceptable. Why is this on going? Even despite all this why couldn't they have finished the Birdhill Nenagh section last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

mysterious wrote: »
    There really is something going on here. and its not like they are finishing it.

There is only one thing going on here, the workers going at a very slow pace. And no it's not aliens or a conspiracy, leave that to other forums. ;) not here!
    Its just beyond silly at this point. Why this scheme? Why a delayed project be delayed by 3 years? Why no media attention? Why are the NRA not making any validity within reason to these delays? Why hasn't the ministers spoken about this? Why are we constantly fed this shiite day in day out.

I agree with you on most points of the above. The little national media attention on this scheme is a disgrace, why this scheme, well that goes back to the NRA for appointing the contractor and much of the state of work on this has to be blamed on the NRA for not monitoring the progress.

tech2 wrote: »
    There is only one thing going on here, the workers going at a very slow pace. And no it's not aliens or a conspiracy, leave that to other forums. ;) not here!
    I never said it was a conspiracy nor did I mention Aliens.....:rolleyes:. But I'm open minded to what is really under the Bog and why this is still been held up for so long. I will go down there myself one of the days. Because there is no way in helll I will take the current excuses as a way to fit the delay of 2 years. Even today its still going at a very very slow pace.. It's becoming a laugh. Something other than the mainstream ****e reasoning to the situation would be almost bearable to listen too at this point now. What we hear day in day is just not fitting the puzzle anymore, just because a few people here have different opinions, doesn't mean its a conspiracy.

Its called been intellegent, open minded, observant and having awarensss.

I agree with you on most points of the above. The little national media attention on this scheme is a disgrace, why this scheme, well that goes back to the NRA for appointing the contractor and much of the state of work on this has to be blamed on the NRA for not monitoring the progress.

Really we agree on something considering I state my views where I tend not fit the popular and masses, funny that we agree for once.

So your all just gonna sit around and say it was just lazy mans work... lol... There is something going here and its getting pretty obvious. I think it's a complete waste of time calling TDs mainly because they either don't care or they know and they don't want to confirm the reasons.

When I hear a rumor of an oil spill. Now this is when I'm now laughing out loud..... I can't wait to see what else they come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

I never said it was a conspiracy nor did I mention Aliens.....:rolleyes:. But I'm open minded to what is really under the Bog and why this is still been held up for so long. I will go down there myself one of the days. Because there is no way in helll I will take the current excuses as a way to fit the delay of 2 years. Even today its still going at a very very slow pace.. It's becoming a laugh. Something other than the mainstream ****e reasoning to the situation would be almost bearable to listen too at this point now. What we hear day in day is just not fitting the puzzle anymore, just because a few people here have different opinions, doesn't mean its a conspiracy.

Really we agree on something considering I state my views where I tend not fit the popular and masses, funny that we agree for once.

So your all just gonna sit around and say it was just lazy mans work... lol... There is something going here and its getting pretty obvious. I think it's a complete waste of time calling TDs mainly because they either don't care or they know and they don't want to confirm the reasons.

When I hear a rumor of an oil spill. Now this is when I'm now laughing out loud..... I can't wait to see what else they come up with.

Do we really want to go off an another off topic sideshow about state collusion and secret findings etc ?

Cause I sure as hell dont.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

Very modestly put. Don't let these lizard people/new world order shills deflect you from the truth......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

I passed the Nenagh tie in yesterday. It's looking very close to being done. the outer lanes have been finished off nearly. The inner lanes have been skimmed off for the last few layers to go down. There's about a half a mile of concrete barrier then to put in. Another week* should see it looking in good shape I reckon.

Looking forward to all the roads being done though. A nice motorway just shows you how dangerous all our old N roads are and were. The spots on the old N7 that were passing out places, are in just crazy places.

*finger in the air projection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I just passed the Nenagh tie in at 1 O'clock. Lot of work being done around there. New road layout in place since last week.

Does anyone else have any trouble with there sat navs going through the Nenagh junction. My TomTom gets completely confused it has the roundabouts in place but just doesnt follow the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I think it's a complete waste of time calling TDs mainly because they either don't care or they know and they don't want to confirm the reasons.

I just received this from my local TD. So from this it should be open in the next 17 days.

Thanks for your email.

I have been waiting for an official date on the opening for some time but I have been told as late as today that the Nenagh - Birdhill section should be open for the Easter Bank Holiday traffic.

Give me a call if I can be of any further information.

Yours sincerely,

Noel Coonan T.D
    Fine Gael, Tipperary North

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Guys, Birdhill Soccer Club are organising a fund-raising walk on the road this coming Sunday the 21st of March. Apparently it is the only walking activity permitted on the road by the authorities. They are accepting small donations if possible on the day. The meet up point for the walk is the Birdhill roundabout at 2PM.

Now, apparently the organisers were told that the road is due to open within a week or so after the official walk. That would make a possible opening at the start of April very likely.

Deedsie wrote: »
    I just received this from my local TD. So from this it should be open in the next 17 days.

Thanks for your email.

I have been waiting for an official date on the opening for some time but I have been told as late as today that the Nenagh - Birdhill section should be open for the Easter Bank Holiday traffic.

Give me a call if I can be of any further information.

Yours sincerely,

Noel Coonan T.D
    Fine Gael, Tipperary North

He didnt confirm the reasons, and Noel wouldnt know anyway.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Deedsie wrote: »
    I just passed the Nenagh tie in at 1 O'clock. Lot of work being done around there. New road layout in place since last week.

Does anyone else have any trouble with there sat navs going through the Nenagh junction. My TomTom gets completely confused it has the roundabouts in place but just doesnt follow the road.

Sat Nav's, YES but then again I always have trouble on the new stretch's for around 3 months after it opens until a new map by Tom Tom is released.

The Mitchelstown flyover on the M8 is the same.

Planning a route is a nightmare with the Tom Tom around Limerick because it wants me to drive on the new M7 and also wants me to use the tunnel. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

still awaiting a reply...
    that's 5 days now...

I think that maybe nobody's home...
    fresca wrote: »
    emailed yesterday (mar 11th)
    still awaiting reply...
    asked for:
    1. update on scheme
    2. for website to be updated

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64861295&postcount=1045

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Today I heard from a man from Newport that the Nenagh to Birdhill section is complete but that N. Tipp Co. Co. won't take it over for political reasons. The main contractor has left several local (N. Tipp) sub-contractors unpaid for some reason and the local councillors want to pressure the NRA to pay these chaps directly.

Obviously this isn't a runner.

Anyone else know of this??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just in case anyone is heading north from Limerick, you cant head straight through carrigathoher roundabout anymore, you have to drive over flyover and go right around the roundabout and join a new section of motorway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭d1980

Maybe this has come up previously but the M7 that stops at Finnegans/Annacotty is not yet lined...Does anyone know if there is work going on here? Doesnt look like it....

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

d1980 wrote: »
    Maybe this has come up previously but the M7 that stops at Finnegans/Annacotty is not yet lined...Does anyone know if there is work going on here? Doesnt look like it....

Past this area yesterday evening, it looks like they have started to line it...

AlanD wrote: »
    I passed the Nenagh tie in yesterday. It's looking very close to being done. the outer lanes have been finished off nearly. The inner lanes have been skimmed off for the last few layers to go down. There's about a half a mile of concrete barrier then to put in. Another week* should see it looking in good shape I reckon.

Looking forward to all the roads being done though. A nice motorway just shows you how dangerous all our old N roads are and were. The spots on the old N7 that were passing out places, are in just crazy places.

*finger in the air projection.

Concrete barrier looked almost finished tonight

Has anyone any predicitons on home long limerick to nenagh travel times will take when this is open?

Without speeding it's just over 20 minutes with no traffic.

Wonder what the travel times will be like when the entire motorway to dublin is open!

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Has anyone any predicitons on home long limerick to nenagh travel times will take when this is open?

Without speeding it's just over 20 minutes with no traffic.

Wonder what the travel times will be like when the entire motorway to dublin is open!

Dublin to Limerick is in and around 200 km.
    Not sure what the distance is from say the Rossbrien interchange to the M50 (red cow).
    But you would imagine that you'd be looking at 1:45 ('ish) for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

200 km is one hour and 30 minutes on a motorway; allowing time to slow down passing the usual on-ramps where the plods hang out :D

We are talking 500,000km here since points were introduced; never average less than 140km; never been caught. (Well, once for using a mobile while circling a roundabout deciding which was the correct exit). Total concentration ahead and, importantly, on the rear-view, is vital.

Not looking forward to speed cameras I can tell you! :cool:

Wild Bill wrote: »
    200 km is one hour and 30 minutes on a motorway; allowing time to slow down passing the usual on-ramps where the plods hang out :D

We are talking 500,000km here since points were introduced; never average less than 140km; never been caught. (Well, once for using a mobile while circling a roundabout deciding which was the correct exit). Total concentration ahead and, importantly, on the rear-view, is vital.

Not looking forward to speed cameras I can tell you! :cool:

So you think maybe Rossbrien to Red Cow might be less than 90 mins?

I've no idea what it would take to go from the Red Cow to Dublin city centre (depends on time of day, i guess).

I also have no idea now long it would take to go from limerick city centre to the rossbrien interchange.

hopefully, the M7 will be complete by christmas (this year!!)...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gryff

Looking close to being finished IMO..

4442986406_d60a1154f8_m.jpg

Bog road section looking towards Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I am always looking at travel times because I drive for a living and more importantly Im catching a ferry in Dublin in June which means I am concious of traffic and speed.

My crappy biofuel car will be driven at 100kph at most, anything above that it drinks fuel. I have decided it will take 2 hours from Newport to Dublin City Centre and another 8 minutes or so to get to Terminal 1 in Dublin Port.

Also it's 198km from the Tipperary flyover to Dublin City Centre. Those signposts are calculated to the GPO in each city.

My Sat Nav already assumes the motorway as far as Nenagh is open so it says its 188km from Finnegans to Junction 9, Naas road/M50 and it would take 2:14 minutes but the oul Tom Tom's speed limits are all over the place.

I will be driving to Dublin at 5am so little or not traffic at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Berty wrote: »
    I am always looking at travel times because I drive for a living and more importantly Im catching a ferry in Dublin in June which means I am concious of traffic and speed.

My crappy biofuel car will be driven at 100kph at most, anything above that it drinks fuel. I have decided it will take 2 hours from Newport to Dublin City Centre and another 8 minutes or so to get to Terminal 1 in Dublin Port.

Also it's 198km from the Tipperary flyover to Dublin City Centre. Those signposts are calculated to the GPO in each city.

My Sat Nav already assumes the motorway as far as Nenagh is open so it says its 188km from Finnegans to Junction 9, Naas road/M50 and it would take 2:14 minutes but the oul Tom Tom's speed limits are all over the place.

I will be driving to Dublin at 5am so little or not traffic at all.

You obviously wont be driving to Dublin City centre if you are going to the T1?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement