Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

i got caught driving without a full license driver wat will happen to me???

Options
  • 05-11-2008 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi!im 17!i actually got pulled over for dangurous driving den wen asked to produce my license i only had a provisional!!
    it wasnt too dangerous i just pulled out off a junction too fast and an under cover car pulled me over!!i have never been in trouble with the police be4 either nd i had no other passengers in my car!!! wat do ppl tink dey will do 2 mii!!im pretty worried about it?:confused::(

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Prosecution and fine most likely. €1000 if you had L plates displayed and €2000 if you didn't I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 darcyd1991

Prosecution and fine most likely. €1000 if you had L plates displayed and €2000 if you didn't I think.

seriously dat bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'm gonna grab me some popcorn and wait for the boards.ie lawmen to arrive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭bullpost

Not necessarily AFAIK. Friend of mine got pulled in similar circumstances lately and let off with warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

darcyd1991 wrote: »
    hi!im 17!i actually got pulled over for dangurous driving den wen asked to produce my license i only had a provisional!!
    it wasnt too dangerous i just pulled out off a junction too fast and an under cover car pulled me over!!i have never been in trouble with the police be4 either nd i had no other passengers in my car!!! wat do ppl tink dey will do 2 mii!!im pretty worried about it?:confused::(

50 whacks with a large studded stick should do the trick yer bleeding prov driver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

seriously dat bad?
    and probably time if you use text speak in court.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

Good! Perhaps now you will realise that the law is there to be obeyed not ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

macnab wrote: »
    and probably time if you use text speak in court.:cool:

Might not be a bad thing - a bit of time to brush up on the english language.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I don't know what scares me more, people born in the 1990s driving or people who typ lyk dis passing the theory test!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

seriously dat bad?

Ya, dat bad :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

Worst Case Scenario-1000/2000 euro fine

Best Case Scenario- Nothing will happen.

Most likely, you'll get a warning at most. Depends really on the Guard that pulled ye. Was he sound about it or did he slap on a real business like tone when he saw your licence.

P.s your a very bold boy for driving unaccompanied, in my day we never did such things, I hate prov drivers etc etc yada yada yada

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I know a guy who go a two week sentence in the English Grammer school in Tullamore........I'll grab my coat.

Seriously though I've no idea, amazingly my mother and sister passed their respective driving tests before the laws were enforced. Some of my friends are probably on provisionals or permits but I never asked them about it.

Im sure some people got examples made of them.

@vibe666
    Can I have some popcorn? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i doubt there going to prosecute you for dangerous driving,but the driving unaccompanied on a provisional licence is up to a 1000euro fine,may have pissed off the gardai if they saw a 17 year old booting out of a junction with a car full of passengers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Judge: How do you plead?
    OP: wat!!i neva did nuffin!!
    Judge: You broke several laws
    OP: dat bad?
    Judge: dat very bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

A friend of a friend of mine recently got pulled inwaterford and she got an on the spot 1000 euro fine and she still has to appear in court. As far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Why can't you write normally? You're 17, not 12. The other posters are right to make fun of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

superjosh9 wrote: »
    Why can't you write normally? You're 17, not 12. The other posters are right to make fun of you.

Its at times like this that I think being an eighties baby is so much better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

A friend of a friend of mine recently got pulled inwaterford and she got an on the spot 1000 euro fine and she still has to appear in court. As far as i know

why do these posts always end with "as far as i know".....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

andrewh5 wrote: »
    Good! Perhaps now you will realise that the law is there to be obeyed not ignored.

He came here for advice, not a lecture. His Mother probably didn't even say that to him. I drove on a prov licence for 10 months, and i'm sure pleanty of others did, but that was about two years ago, was caught twice and just got a warning both times and one of the Guards was an ass, he took my Girlfriends name and address too. Thay say its gotten stricter since that law came in but i haven't heard any bad stories yet.

Wit a bi o luk yal ger way wi it!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jhegarty wrote: »
    who do these posts always end with "as far as i know".....

My aunty's, uncle's, brother's, son's, dog's, nephew's owner, got a fine too afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

My aunty's, uncle's, brother's, son's, dog's, nephew's owner, got a fine too afaik.
    Yeah but they all got off because the Garda's hat was the wrong size.

OP, await a summons in the post; if it arrives, go to a solicitor and seek proper legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I would presume that as you got pulled for dangerous driving you will get the fine if you dont get charged for dangerous driving.

How dangerous was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Doubt if the fine will be as high as €1,000. Was in court the other day, they were dishing €1,000 fines for having no licence or insurance etc. €300 I'd reckon if it doesn't get struck out. Best thing to do is get your test quickly, if you can produce a full licence on the day you'll be grand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Worst case would be a fine and ban for both the dangerous and unaccompanied driving. Best case, a bolloking from the judge and a donation to the poor box.

Dangerous driving is a court appearance afaik.

Write down every detail you can remember about what happened - road contitions, weather, time, what you did, what the guard said...anything. Your memory of the event will be shaky in 8 months time if it goes to court and you can bet the guard recorded every detail he needs to prosecute.

Wait and see what comes in the post and get a solicitor if it's a summons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

seriously dat bad?

no. you'll more than likely just get locked up for a while. in a cell with some huge black dude called buba whos a raving looney and a screeming homo!!

COME ERE BOY!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

andrewh5 wrote: »

Next time you do 121 km/h on the motorway i'll make sure to call the guards. Off the high horse please! This so called law is at the discretion of the guards. I.e depending on what guard you get, determines your punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Next time you do 121 km/h on the motorway i'll make sure to call the guards. Off the high horse please! This so called law is at the discretion of the guards. I.e depending on what guard you get, determines your punishment.

+1 Can't stand that crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Originally Posted by andrewh5

Actually that's not why the law is there, but if that's what you want to believe off you go...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

A guy I know landed in court for the same offense and same scenario - boy racer, provisional, pulling from the junction too fast, with an undercover car behind. He had the case dismissed however when his solicitor tore into the Garda asking him how he measured the speed of take off etc. The judge got annoyed with the Garda for bringing the case without proper evidence other than an opinion. A good solicitor will knock off the DD charge.

That was before the accompanied driver changes so I reckon a fine is still on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

jhegarty wrote: »
    why do these posts always end with "as far as i know".....

to cover their asS in case they're wrong, we all do it! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement