Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midweeks champions league

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Celtic do win against manu then the only reason imo will be that they were playing a weakened team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

After a rethink i'm going for a treble of Werder, Barca-Barca and Lyon. Don't think this is a particularly great midweek champions league betting day. Too many close matches and too many matches where the big team is playing away against a small team who are tricky.

For what it's worth, I'd stear clear of Inter. They've been playing **** recently and Anathorsis looks like a really tricky place to travel with the massive support and they've done really well in the competition this year, not only in the group but they had tricky qualifiers against better teams. Inter also have alot of fancy players and i imagine the Cypriot stadium is a kip so can't see the likes of Ibra trying back heels on it. Also a small chance they'll be resting players for Sunday's match against Udinese.

Think there's value in Anathorsis at almost 9-1 on Betfair (why does all my moneys have to be in Bet ****ing **** odds Fred). The 5-1 on the draw no bet is great, unfortunately not so great on Betfred. Can't wait till my second free bet comes through and I can move back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

chelsea -1 @ 11/4

my reasoning is to the point

ROMA ARE PANTS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mine: Barce -1, Chelsea (hoping the weather doesnt ruin this in some way), and Werder

I dont like spreading it over 2 days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

looks like my bets are gone already:mad: plus a few of everyone else's

• Advertisement

:(

its the story of my last few bets.. should have chose them then bets the exact opposite.. oh well liverpool, cluj fight back and bremen goal please:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

There seems to be a bit of an obsession with backing the heavily favoured teams. The odds can be right and wrong on both ends of match odds!

Hopefully for the backers the favourite teams come back in the second half!

dsmythy wrote: »
    There seems to be a bit of an obsession with backing the heavily favoured teams. The odds can be right and wrong on both ends of match odds!

Hopefully for the backers the favourite teams come back in the second half!

true but i doubt many people would have picked the matches the way they are now

edit : oh i get you ie prices taken not results of matches yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Anorthosis.....how the hell do they keep doing it?!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

anyone else hating chelsea right now.

Roma 3-0 up :(

clown bag wrote: »
    anyone else hating chelsea right now.

Roma 3-0 up :(

+1...

true but i doubt many people would have picked the matches the way they are now

edit : oh i get you ie prices taken not results of matches yeah?

Yeah the prices. All that matters in the end really.

I often hear people on an average weekend saying there putting Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal together because they should all beat their opponents. Of course they should but they will only do so a certain percentage of the time!

As happens the way results are going tonight is a bit of a freak night since not a single fancied team is winning at present bar perhaps Bordeaux.

EDIT: Barcelona ahead now too.

bohsboy wrote: »
    Anorthosis.....how the hell do they keep doing it?!:confused:

Yeah Cypriot football in general seems to be on the way up. Passionate fans too.

Oh well! If I'm gonna lose the accum I might as well cheer Roma on for more :pac: LET'S GO FOR 5-0!!!

Dave! wrote: »
    Oh well! If I'm gonna lose the accum I might as well cheer Roma on for more :pac: LET'S GO FOR 5-0!!!

i second that:D

Dave! wrote: »

I'm just like you, when it looks like a team i backed is going to draw at best i want them to lose as punishment for not winning me money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bubs101 wrote: »

Think there's value in Anathorsis at almost 9-1 on Betfair (why does all my moneys have to be in Bet ****ing **** odds Fred). The 5-1 on the draw no bet is great, unfortunately not so great on Betfred. Can't wait till my second free bet comes through and I can move back

I don't believe it. What utter nonsense. Second time in a row. Inter better score

liverpool = jammy b*stards

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I don't believe it. What utter nonsense. Second time in a row. Inter better score
    :pac:

Get some balls :pac:

• Advertisement

hopefully playing it a bit safer tomorrow..

villarreal (-1 & -1.5) eve's
    manu 4/6... just under 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Bayern Munich (-1.0) 6/1
    Villarreal (-1.0) 5/4
    Dynamo Kiev v Porto 0-0 draw 15/2

treable of 133/1 .... dead cert

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Bayern Munich (-1.0) 6/1
    Villarreal (-1.0) 5/4

I see rehab didn't last long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD5sahXoj0U

Someone's taking the pish on BATE's price. BATE +0.5 AH 1/1 Victor Chandler.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Bayern Munich (-1.0) 6/1
    Villarreal (-1.0) 5/4

if only that was a dead cert.. GL though, i do think there'll be a goal in the porto match though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

i'm having a go with united, kiev and lyon....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Celtic +1, Lyon and Kiev. 6/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

1-0 celtic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

dsmythy wrote: »
    Someone's taking the pish on BATE's price. BATE +0.5 AH 1/1 Victor Chandler.

You think BATE are going to draw or better at evens? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lao Lao wrote: »
    I see rehab didn't last long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD5sahXoj0U

just cause i said it was a dead cert doesn't mean i backed it - just like obama was a dead cert or so everyone said - but how many backed him..

Advertisement