Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Photography Year Book 2008 - order now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

39 books and €195.00

People, thank you. So only 59 books to be sold to fulfill our commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

hey all
    I have some plain and some fancy logos if anyone wants some - sorta like these
    boards_logo_combo-1.jpg

boards_logo_outline_bevel-1.jpg

I have more and also if anyone needs vector formats for posters or banners i have those also
    oh btw! *.png files can be opened in PS and then saved in any other format you wish!!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

ThOnda wrote: »
    39 books and €195.00

Cant order it untill November 24th Thonda or i wont be here to pick it up.

Dont worry though it will be getting bought at least once!

Looks fantastic guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

bought one.. really wish I had took part in this now its looks pretty nice! Roll on next year :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Order placed today, looking at the great shots in the preview i am a little embaressed by my contribuition.
    A big thanks to all who made this possible. It looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭labbad

South East group could do with a few more people we have around 7 as it is so anyone wanting to join a group in this end of the country please give us a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Email received from Blurb today......

Beat the holiday rush and order your book by November 18, and we'll give you $10 off your order. You'll get your books in plenty of time for the holiday season, giving you more time to kick back and enjoy the eggnog.

Promotion code: holiday2008

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have sent out an email to the DCC Email list to publicise the book there.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

RoryW wrote: »
    Email received from Blurb today......

Beat the holiday rush and order your book by November 18, and we'll give you $10 off your order. You'll get your books in plenty of time for the holiday season, giving you more time to kick back and enjoy the eggnog.

Promotion code: holiday2008

Only works for USA i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The code hpfreeshipping that I posted on the first page gets you up to $10 off shipping costs, seems to be working for Irish users. Worked for me as well in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ruu wrote: »
    The code hpfreeshipping that I posted on the first page gets you up to $10 off shipping costs, seems to be working for Irish users.
    It does, thanks Ruu-ster! ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

39 books and €195.00

Thats good going, I already bought an imagewrap version of the book but will be buying a soft cover version as well and am looking at getting atleast two people in work to buy a copy to :)

Free shipping code also works as long as you keep currancy to $ :pac:

Totals: 47 €235,00
    Keep buying. There must be sold at least 51 more. If not, I would loose all hope and believe in people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Ruu wrote: »
    The code hpfreeshipping that I posted on the first page gets you up to $10 off shipping costs, seems to be working for Irish users. Worked for me as well in the US.

Thanks Ruu, worked a treat. Is should have known you would be good at getting a bargain :P

Ordered mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

Keep buying. There must be sold at least 51 more. If not, I would loose all hope and believe in people here.

The above total excludes delivery groups who've yet to order?

That was what I saw few minutes ago - orders placed (and maybe even payed). Facts, not promises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Waiting on info from our delivery co-ordinator, as I imagine are a good few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

I just order mine, really looking forward to it, although looking at the preview, I'm a bit embarresed by what I submitted :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

I've just asked our club to include details of the book in our next mailing / website news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

guilty conscience now cleared :)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If I put my name down for 3 copies through the Dublin Delivery Group, how do I go about paying for them? (I cant find any details on that... just dont want people buying their book direct and leaving the delivery groups with extras...).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

We're still awaiting the details Dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

DeVore wrote: »
    If I put my name down for 3 copies through the Dublin Delivery Group, how do I go about paying for them? (I cant find any details on that... just dont want people buying their book direct and leaving the delivery groups with extras...).

DeV.

does boards have a central Dublin office , that way people could pay there and then pick up from there ?

just an idea :)

I always thought that Boards.ie runs on old PC in somebody's basement :-P

May I just ask all people who have skills, software, experience and a little bit of time to create more artwork for promoting the book, please? There are some materials uploaded to the http://pix.ie/boardsbook2008 account.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

For many years Boards *was* run from a pc under Clouds desk :)

We do have a small office (somewhere for Cult to go to every day!) so we can have them delivered centrally if needs be.

How do we collect the money?

DeV.

gandalf wrote: »
    We're still awaiting the details Dev.
    The Dublin Delivery Group (DDG) will receive information hopefully sooner than later by organizer of that group. Or delegated person.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

DeVore wrote: »
    For many years Boards *was* run from a pc under Clouds desk :)

We do have a small office (somewhere for Cult to go to every day!) so we can have them delivered centrally if needs be.

How do we collect the money?

DeV.
    just an idea , for those that didn't want to pay on credid card , they could pay cash here - the office would need to be central for it to work , i think - and then theres the whole idea of someone minding cash - judging by the orders shouldn't be large amounts of cash or distribution - i'm thinking out load here :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Class idea, preview pics are nice. They don't take maestro, booo. I'll transfer the money to someones account if they get me a book. Pm me if you will be so kind.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Fab photos in the preview.. now how do I go about getting and paying for one???? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Great to see it published. Should I just order from the site direct or is there a plan to bulk order and we pay someone locally to save on shipping costs?

Put the ad for it on my site too! :)

Well done to all involved!

Advertisement