Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

devinejay wrote: »
    Looks class alright, I've played a few similar physics sims like that before but that looks to be the most comprehensive I've seen. Alas I won't download it for fear I'll never get any sleep!

mathew - I have that lab tomorrow, I've been studying the book and I was hoping the tab function would do the job. I've yet to get editing and compiling at home so I'd rather not spend the whole lab trying out each function to see what happens. Would I just set (n) to whichever value suits each particular line e.g.

(Variable Name) (Variable Value)
    I want each variablevalue to start directly below the one above, but the variable names are different lenghts. Exploit the fact that they are constant lenghts no matter what the input?

Well I cant go doing the lab for you... take what I've said above, and see if it helps....

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

mathew wrote: »
    Well I cant go doing the lab for you... take what I've said above, and see if it helps....

I guess you're right, I'll let you know if I get it out tomorrow!

devinejay wrote: »
    I guess you're right, I'll let you know if I get it out tomorrow!

If you dont get it tomorrow, and dont manage to get the demonstrates to help you cause you just want to get out... I'll have a go at the program and post it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

If you dont get it tomorrow, and dont manage to get the demonstrates to help you cause you just want to get out... I'll have a go at the program and post it up...

Thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I did test it... I couldnt remember how to write it so I had to guess and test it..
    Your setw has to come before your setfill()

setw came earlier in the statement definitely. Grr, if only I had Mac OS X on this..

Hoping to do that at the weekend =D

• Advertisement

you could just get cygwin on windows.....
    Or use Dev C++

Are you trying to dissuade me from installing OS X =O

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Dont ruin a lovely EEE with that POS..

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

oh my god, i just spent the last hour playing that bridge game. it was worth it. :pac:

Do you wanna my Draft N card?

Edit: Lolwut?

25ar9ms.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    Do you wanna my Draft N card?
    I've no real use for it.. G router at home that works fine..

Aww.

Are you trying to dissuade me from installing OS X =O

Considering you have to get a hacked copy somewhere so it will work... and doesnt really work that well...

I have a copy of Tiger that I put on my PC, was quite slow... and drivers were very difficult to come by.. so I got rid of it..
    jmccrohan wrote: »
    I've no real use for it.. G router at home that works fine..

You could use it to make 128Mb adhoc connections to my mac... cause macs are up to date, and come with good technology in them..

Aww.
    If you want me to take it ill take it for a nominal fee of €1.

You could use it to make 128Mb adhoc connections to my mac... cause macs are up to date, and come with good technology in them..
    Or just use a usb key..?

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Or just use a usb key..?

1. Thats no fun

2. With WLAN, the max file size = space left on receiving HDD. Not limited by lego brick memory sticks

Reading thread in sideways orientation while lying down in bed = win.
    Having to sit up to type post = not so fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭uprooted shane

Not limited by lego brick memory sticks
    win +1

win +1
    You want one.. and you know it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I used to make lego usbs (back when I had all the time in the world). Then I lost one in front square and was so upset that I can't be arsed making a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

What help are you talkin about you clown! You were about as useful as a chocolate teapot!
    Ye TCD heads really are a waste of space! What a useless shower of stupid geeks!

bit of bogey,

If you are just going to insult everyone in the forum they have given you assistance with some of your college work you are going to get banned pretty fast. This is a warning.

Awayindahils
    I used to make lego usbs (back when I had all the time in the world). Then I lost one in front square and was so upset that I can't be arsed making a new one.

Those were pretty cool.

The warning doesn't count unless issued with an official signature see.

______

During 1E7, yeah, that was me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Baza, rumour has it your in for a shock come February.

During 1E7, yeah, that was me.
    What?
    Boston wrote: »
    Baza, rumour has it your in for a shock come February.
    What is on in February?

A surprise.

A surprise.
    Mangonel?

Well someone in my vicinity got lengthily given out to for using a laptop during the graphics lecture..I thought it was me but apparently there was someone behind me with a laptop too, and I had mine under the desk..

Umm, this February thing, is it just me or all JF Eng?

All JF Engineers will feel the might of my iron fist of doom. Or so the rumor goes.

All JF Engineers will feel the might of my iron fist of doom. Or so the rumor goes.
    Sending out more plagarism emails? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

You're gonna be a demon(strator):p for something?

Advertisement