Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I bought a new tractor today.....

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Hey Reilig hope the tractor is going well. I think you chose well, the T5050 is a good solid tractor. We bought the next model up, the T6010 about the same time as you and it going well. couple of minor things which the dealer fixed free except for the exchaust which broke at the bottom. Cost about 550 euro but New holland went halves on it which was pretty good

The thing about tractors is that everybody has their favourites and as Wenger once said "everybody thinks they have the best looking wife at home" I think the 2 most important things when buying a stockmans tractor are reliability and price. You getting the 0% finance on the 5050 seems to have made it a no brainer (we availed of that little offer ourselves)

Can i ask 1 question, I assume the price you quoted back in 2008 is without a front loader??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Tipp Man wrote: »
    Can i ask 1 question, I assume the price you quoted back in 2008 is without a front loader??

Yes, without a loader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

Speaking of good value stockmans tractors. Serious value to be got in used Kubota's in UK at the minute.
    2010 Kubota M9540 (95 hp), with 170 hours, being picked up this week in UK, by a lad I know. £21,500 including VAT! He will get it in his yard for around €25,400. No loader, but tractor literally new!
    Seems the used market over there for the Kubota is dead. No takers.

Don't know anything about them, but probably fairly sound as you would expect from the Japanese. Seems a great buy second hand, but I wouldn't want to be the lad buying new, and taking all that depreciation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Speaking of good value stockmans tractors. Serious value to be got in used Kubota's in UK at the minute.
    2010 Kubota M9540 (95 hp), with 170 hours, being picked up this week in UK, by a lad I know. £21,500 including VAT! He will get it in his yard for around €25,400. No loader, but tractor literally new!

Don't know anything about them, but probably fairly sound as you would expect from the Japanese. Seems a great buy second hand, but I wouldn't want to be the lad buying new, and taking all that depreciation.

seems to be a good bit better value in the UK than here even to buy it new
    http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2008/09/15/112170/New-Kubota-9540-first-drive.htm
    new price according to article is 27-28k sterling

seems to be a good bit better value in the UK than here even to buy it new
    http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2008/09/15/112170/New-Kubota-9540-first-drive.htm
    new price according to article is 27-28k sterling

Maybe VAT has to be added to the £27-28k sterling.
    If that was the case the euro price would be about €38k including the VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Maybe VAT has to be added to the £27-28k sterling.
    If that was the case the euro price would be about €38k including the VAT.

ya very possible, still nice one for the lad who bought it at that money, know a few people around here who have that model, they are very tidy, maybe too much so, they look a bit light for loader work to my mind and the cab is very small bit nice tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coolio kidddd

ive heard good things about them allrite :)

marlyman wrote: »
    irish_bob wrote: »
    i was talking though in terms of a make of tractor across the board that holds it value

You are still incorrect in todays market.

Im going to get philisophical for a sec though. You can alwalys sell a massey or a ford in ireland because they have a widespread tradition here and are a respected tractor. even if a guy has a bad experience with one he'll change to the other ofr a while. A john deere man (and im not referring to you) nearly has green blood in his veins, a green overalls on, a john deere hat, and a john deere keyring on his keys. He cant be told his tractor is as good or as bad as a comparable other make nor can he be told its worth a lot less than he thinks - the reason for this is he has paid far too much for it in the first place and he'd have to get new overalls.

Was in a JD dealers yard today. Saw a JD 6210 with JD 551 loader. '03 model, with 8250 hours. Looked in really good nick. One previous owner. €30k. How does that figure in the depreciation stakes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

ive heard good things about them allrite :)

He has it up on done deal for 30 k small world!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭stanflt

got my new bus-

bit disappointed to see the old tl90 go:mad:hope this will be as reliable

001zx.jpg
    By stanflt at 2012-06-14007lry.jpg
    By stanflt at 2012-06-14

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

stanflt wrote: »
    got my new bus-

bit disappointed to see the old tl90 go:mad:hope this will be as reliable

001zx.jpg
    By stanflt at 2012-06-14007lry.jpg
    By stanflt at 2012-06-14

Well wear boy. We have a TL90 about the place too. Great little tractor and fierce tidy around the yard. What number is the new bus Stanfit? Father in law has a T6050 and she is a lovely yoke. Hope she doesn't spend all her time sitting beside that diesel tank!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Does the TL90 have a hand clutch for engaging the PTO?

There's one on our TD and I'm a terror for leaving it on. Only found out recently that I don't need to be pulling it up to turn it off ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭stanflt

Muckit wrote: »

There's one on our TD and I'm a terror for leaving it on. Only found out recently that I don't need to be pulling it up to turn it off ...

no just a handy yellow switch you pull out to start and push in to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Lovely machine, well may she wear:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Skittles_

Is there much of a price difference in the nh - case equivelant? Friend has a tl 100 and it's an animal pull Personally prefer the cabs on cases

What's the difference between a TD and a TL?

Lads, TL90 for €20k here from W Crawford, in Portglenone, Antrim.
    What do ye think of that for deal, and has anyone ever dealt with Crawfords. Would his stuff be sound? http://www.wwcrawford-tractors.com/tractors.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

What's the difference between a TD and a TL?

new-holland-tl-90-04.jpg

TL A series on left...... TDD on the right....

TL would be a stronger tractor with a few more features. TDD is a lovely basic tractor, ideal for the small farmer. They can be picked up alot cheaper than a TL.

It's like anything, it depends what you want from a tractor and the budget you are working with. We've a 03 with only 1004hrs showing on the clock, so it's an ideal tractor for us

new-holland-tl-90-04.jpg

TL A series on left...... TDD on the right....

TL would be a stronger tractor with a few more features. TDD is a lovely basic tractor, ideal for the small farmer. They can be picked up alot cheaper than a TL.

It's like anything, it depends what you want from a tractor and the budget you are working with. We've a 03 with only 1004hrs showing on the clock, so it's an ideal tractor for us

Yes, I had done a bit or research myself. I think you are in Galway, sent you a PM there. You might be able help me with a question?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

As far as I know, the New Holland TS series are based on the xx40 series with a Ford engine. The TL series is basically a Fiat engine and the TD is similar although more basic than the TL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

ppn wrote: »
    As far as I know, the New Holland TS series are based on the xx40 series with a Ford engine. The TL series is basically a Fiat engine and the TD is similar although more basic than the TL.

You are correct. Here is some info on the New Holland xx40 and the TL series. As far as I know, the TD has the same fiat/iveco engine as the TL but has a slightly smaller cab, a lighter backend, & less electrics, hand clutch for a PTO etc. TS series made in England, TL made in Italy, TD made in Turkey I believe.

http://www.tractortorque.com/?tag=new-holland-tractors-tm155-tm175-tm190-8360-8560-7840-7740-7635-6635-8160

The TL series is the same as the case JXU and the TD series is the same as the case JX

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Conor556

How is the tractor going reilig any trouble, Any pics

Advertisement