Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I'm so happy that I'm not alone with my treats at night! Thanks a million ladies,I'm feeling a lot more motivated now. I think I need to go over my lil notebook and read my list as to why I want to lose weight, cos today I'm in a hungry mood and feel a bit miserable!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Hi there,

I've come home from work sick with that bloody bug that seems to be doing the rounds. I forced food in to me yesterday thinking it would just pass, but i'm so much worse today and just couldn't face food. My question - will my body go into starvation mode if i don't eat and stop the weight loss??? EEkkk - would hate that cos was hoping for my first stone this week (at 12.5 down) - thanks for the help on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Eabha I have to commend you for sticking with WW & reverting to the old plan rather than throwing the towel in which would be easier to do. Best of luck on the old plan & do pop in & keep us informed.

I think this plan suits me way more than the old due to the fruit & weeklies but I think you have to be more regimented on this plan than the old in terms of what you eat & when. For ppl doing shift work or in college with different times of day for each meal from 1 day to the nxt probably messes with pp & how it works on your metabolisim. You did so well on the old plan so I'm sure you will again, keep the faith & it will happen!

Thanks. I think that's why propoints doesn't suit me because my timetable in college is different every day so it's difficult to stick to a routine. That's what my leader suggested as a possible problem but it's not possible to eat the same time everyday due to classes. I think it's suits some people and not others. The people who are losing are doing great so far including yourself so keep it up!

crazyy wrote: »
    hi :) well done to everyone, so many great results! I haven't lost since starting propoints and it's getting frustrating so I've decided to go back to the old system aswell! so good thinking, Eabha hopefully we'll get better results. I lost a stone on the old points and have gained 6 pounds of that back since January! fingers crossed I can shift it again :)

Great to know I'm not the only one. I lost 20lbs from Sept-Dec on the old system so I know it works for me. Hopefully it will work for you. I was feeling a bit depressed and unmotivated on propoints which doesn't help. We can help each other out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Dubgirl well done on your loss. You're so close now so I really hope you get it next week. If you can you should treat yourself with new clothes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just back from my WI. Somehow I was down 4.5lbs. Delighted is an understatement. Got to my ww goal of 10st13.5lbs. Set my new goal of 10st7lbs though. Hopefully will have that lost before I go away for a wedding at the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Finally reached the one stone mark, took 8 weeks, as i have a lot to lose i thought i might get there quicker but hey, sure if i keep at it and the scales keep coming down slowly I am gonna get there in the end this time.
    Had a bit of bug this week which meant i couldnt eat much but its my totm also so hopefully those factors will cancel each other out and if i keep on track on this week I can keep those numbers on a downward spiral.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sage girl

Hi everyone,
    I have been at goal for a while but now want to go a little bit lower. I'd like to lose about another 7 pounds or so but just seem to be staying the same for ages! Don't know how to get over this plateau. I tend to eat quite late in the evening - i know this isn't great for weight loss but that's when my bf gets home and it's nice to eat dinner together! Anyone have any ideas about getting over plateau? I walk an hour each day (to and from work) do a bit of jogging about twice a week and stay within my points (go over a bit at weekends but not over the bonus points). Also drink a fair bit of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    Haha thanks I hope so. Wedding is in September so plenty of time if I stick to it now. Dress is in the shop in July so i'd like at least a stone down by then :D

I had a sept wedding in 2009 you must be getting dead excited, you'll get your stone down by then no problem :D and the wedding will be great motivation for you to keep going.. how long are you doing WW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    hey all, just quickly online while the boss is out of office!! :D

well done to everyone this week, some great losses and even if not so good dont let it get you down, today is the fresh start!!

well i was down 2 pounds!!! soo happy so just 0.5 to lose this week and ill be GOLD!!!

was rushing after class to go to gig so ended up getting batter sausage and chips with garlic dip...was yummy and totally worth it!! then a bucket loads of bulmers light to follow!! enjoyed my night and today is a new day, have my session with a trainer in gym tonight so that will blast it off hopefully!!

well done on the weight loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

pw01 wrote: »
    is it the normal sized double deckers that are 6pp??? thats very good

in the shop book it says 50g bar 6pp. i just checked a bar that i have there and it says 60g on the wrapper and the book says 65g bar is 8pp so maybe 7pp for the 60g bar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Finally seem to be having a genuinely good day! Sleep is definitely one of the keys to my own personal success! Went to bed early last and didnt have college till 1.30

Had breakie at 10, my usual oatmeal, skimmed milk, skinny cappuccino for
    5pp

Coffee break instead of a food break, had a Skinny Mocha before going into class ( i'd spend 3 hours studying in library...i NEEDED my coffee)
    2pp

when i got home from college an hour ago I had
    3 poached eggs with just seasoning with 2 pints of water (Stuffed after that)
    6pp

Dinner later
    2 fillets of Yellowfin sole in breadcrumbs
    400g Boiled Potatoes + gravy made from granules
    17pp

I still have a good few points for later....any healthy "supper" ideas....rather have a healthy supper later tonight after dinner than just blow them on "snacks.....cos once i snack....i cant stop" Structure seems to work better for me...its funny....i seem to do better with food when I KNOW i wont have time to exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Dubgirl well done on your loss. You're so close now so I really hope you get it next week. If you can you should treat yourself with new clothes :D
    thanks a mill, so close yet sooo far haha!! pretty broke at the mo but the wardrobe defo getting updated for summer....all my size 14 work trousers have gone to charity already :-)

see your going back to the normal points, best of luck with it and hope it works better for you!! let us know who you do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

kateos2 wrote: »
    Just back from my WI. Somehow I was down 4.5lbs. Delighted is an understatement. Got to my ww goal of 10st13.5lbs. Set my new goal of 10st7lbs though. Hopefully will have that lost before I go away for a wedding at the end of the month.
    well done thats amazing no wonder your delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Dee01 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've come home from work sick with that bloody bug that seems to be doing the rounds. I forced food in to me yesterday thinking it would just pass, but i'm so much worse today and just couldn't face food. My question - will my body go into starvation mode if i don't eat and stop the weight loss??? EEkkk - would hate that cos was hoping for my first stone this week (at 12.5 down) - thanks for the help on this

I wouldn't worry about it will you're sick, just drink plenty of fluids, especially drinks like flat 7up. You will lose weight if you're not eating but your body will readjust when you start eating again. If you could handle some toast and butter too that would be good for you but you know yourself what you can handle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just a suggestion ladies (after reading Dubgirl's post) what would the WW ladies think of a clothes exchange type thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

hi all

i was hoping ye could help me make a list of low point yet tasty snacks, plan on doing a big shop tomorrow so i can finally take control and plan my meals for the week and hopfully get back on track!!! my main weakness is sugary sweets like fizzy dummies, cola bottles etc and those stinger bars etc (prob lethal i know!!)
    please help me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

intouch44 wrote: »
    hi all

i was hoping ye could help me make a list of low point yet tasty snacks, plan on doing a big shop tomorrow so i can finally take control and plan my meals for the week and hopfully get back on track!!! my main weakness is sugary sweets like fizzy dummies, cola bottles etc and those stinger bars etc (prob lethal i know!!)
    please help me!!!!

Looks like you like sugar highs!! You should try strawberries and yoghurt or a scoop of low fat icecream seeing as it's coming into the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Looks like you like sugar highs!! You should try strawberries and yoghurt or a scoop of low fat icecream seeing as it's coming into the summer.

yep i'm really bad between 3 and 5 every evening- i tend to binge but am serious about succeeding this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Question:

My wife and M-in-L do the WW classes and I've piggey backed on(found the formula's on da net and created a spreadsheet for myself to calc my points, track my food and excersise). I've been doing it now for 4wks and have lost 10lbs. I weight 16st8lbs and i'm 1.77m tall @ a fine age of 32 which puts me on 49pt/day.

I started walking when I started WW, I have build up to about 15miles a week and will be adding to that/increasing intensity gradually.

The total points I tend to eat in a day is 30-35. I'm not deliberatly eating less than my daily pts, I'm just not hungry between meals(add veg to my meals and fruit to my snacks), I adjusted to the prortion sizes quite comfortably but in a recent conversation with work collagues they reckoned i'm 'starving' myself?!

Am I doing wrong by going 30% below my daily allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭GoerGirl

Just going to throw myself in here...

Joined WW for the 4th time last week - first weigh in was yesterday, down a pound (yay!)

Determined to do it this time once and for all - have about 3 stone to lose (bloody kids destroyed me!)

finding Propoints weird...fruit 0 points = great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

-Chop up BNS, removing pips/ seeds!
    -Don't peel the skin (easier not to but u can if you have the time/ patience)
    -Soften them in micro for 4 mins then sprinkle salt, pepper and Cajun spice on and pop them in oven for 20 mins. (Takes around 45 mins otherwise!).
    - Enjoy!

Making these now, hope they're nice :)

Fair play to everyone with weigh-ins in the last day or so, brilliant as always :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Question:

My wife and M-in-L do the WW classes and I've piggey backed on(found the formula's on da net and created a spreadsheet for myself to calc my points, track my food and excersise). I've been doing it now for 4wks and have lost 10lbs. I weight 16st8lbs and i'm 1.77m tall @ a fine age of 32 which puts me on 49pt/day.

I started walking when I started WW, I have build up to about 15miles a week and will be adding to that/increasing intensity gradually.

The total points I tend to eat in a day is 30-35. I'm not deliberatly eating less than my daily pts, I'm just not hungry between meals(add veg to my meals and fruit to my snacks), I adjusted to the prortion sizes quite comfortably but in a recent conversation with work collagues they reckoned i'm 'starving' myself?!

Am I doing wrong by going 30% below my daily allowance?
    why not use full fat milk and try some yoghurts,,has your points decreased with the weightloss,,can't remember how low a man can go on points,,for a woman it's 29,,they say use your full allowance but there's no point in stuffing yourself either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

tantipie wrote: »
    why not use full fat milk and try some yoghurts,,has your points decreased with the weightloss,,can't remember how low a man can go on points,,for a woman it's 29,,they say use your full allowance but there's no point in stuffing yourself either

I take low fat milk already.

my points would have started @ 51pts and has dropped to 49 over the 4weeks.

is it bad to be soo far below my pts though? ie 35/day when my allowance is 49?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I take low fat milk already.

my points would have started @ 51pts and has dropped to 49 over the 4weeks.

is it bad to be soo far below my pts though? ie 35/day when my allowance is 49?

The new points take into account the nutritional elements the body needs, carbs, protein, fat, fibre. Undereating your points by that much works in the immediate short term that'll you'll lose weight quickly...but eventually the body will fight back...and weight loss will slow dramatically or even stop...

lean red meat is a great way of increasing your points in healthy way. eating more points doesn't mean eating more crap.

Low fat cheese another way of using more points, and a good source of calcium.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

I wouldn't worry about it will you're sick, just drink plenty of fluids, especially drinks like flat 7up. You will lose weight if you're not eating but your body will readjust when you start eating again. If you could handle some toast and butter too that would be good for you but you know yourself what you can handle

It's doing the rounds I've had it since Monday ate a lil yesterday so hopefully it's on the way out

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

WI this morning & I'm down 2lbs!! :D I'm so happy I could dance. So after eating all my points, including weeklies & about half of my activity points I still lost! So thrilled clearly all that schlepping around Berlin helped. I'm so glad I stuck to my guns & ate healthily where possible & yes sat & Sunday I had a blow out but that was all sushi, Asian greens, noodles, alcohol & the best tofu burger thingy I've ever eaten anywhere ever!

10.5lbs down now since I've started & I reached my 5% goal this week as well well actually I'm a lb over it! So nxt mini goal is to get to 12st 7lbs so only 3.5lbs to go!!

This is going to keep me on track for sure I see all the time, stress & effort is worth it. :)

Have a fab weekend all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Slimpickings

WI this morning & I'm down 2lbs!! :D I'm so happy I could dance. So after eating all my points, including weeklies & about half of my activity points I still lost! So thrilled clearly all that schlepping around Berlin helped. I'm so glad I stuck to my guns & ate healthily where possible & yes sat & Sunday I had a blow out but that was all sushi, Asian greens, noodles, alcohol & the best tofu burger thingy I've ever eaten anywhere ever!

10.5lbs down now since I've started & I reached my 5% goal this week as well well actually I'm a lb over it! So nxt mini goal is to get to 12st 7lbs so only 3.5lbs to go!!

This is going to keep me on track for sure I see all the time, stress & effort is worth it. :)
    Have a fab weekend all!!

Well Done Kay_80 ! That is a super loss !!!! Persistance pays off ! I think I need to take a leaf from your book and lay down the law. Thanks .....you post popped up in the nick of time ....have had 2 bad days and needed a bit of inspiration to get going again !!!!!:)

Onward and downward ....have a super weekend.

Slim

Layla0509 wrote: »
    It's doing the rounds I've had it since Monday ate a lil yesterday so hopefully it's on the way out

its an awful dose going around, loads seems to have it. I got some toast and scrambled eggs into me yesterday evening. Took today off work so gona try drink loads of water and sweat it out of me. On a good note, drink is my downfall so i can't face that at the min, so that has to be good!

Well done on the losses everyone - everyone seems to be doing great. I noticed a lot of you are loosing slowly. I'm the same, but i think its my own fault as i always go over on the drinking. Once i have that under control I should be better.

Have a great weekend everyone x

Have a fab weekend all!!

Well done Kay - congratulations on the weight loss. From the sounds of it, we seem to have a similar amount to loose (9lbs was my 5% goal) - i'll be watching out for your posts to see how ur going. I'm hoping for my first stone next week. Defo going in the right direction. Keep it up Kay and well done on putting ur foot down in Berlin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Thanks Slim & Dee :)

I've found it hard at times 'just' losing 1/2 lb or STS so too have bigger losses the last couple of weeks has really motivated me. I know a loss is a loss & the slower it comes off the easier it is to maintain BUT sometimes you feel the need for a more 'immediate' result when you are working so damn hard all the time.

Congrats on the 1 stone down dee that's fab! That'll tie in to my next mini goal as well :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement