Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling books.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have Regals book somwhere at home. I'll send it on to you if you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That would be the job. I can post you an SAE for it?

gimmick wrote: »
    That would be the job. I can post you an SAE for it?

Doubt a book can be sent using a SAE as it would be a package that has to be weighed. Don't worry about it.

When I'm next back at the folks, I'll try dig it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

If anybody is in Cork you can get a first edition hard back copy of Mick Foley's Harcore Diaries in the new shop Dealz (where old Virgin Megastore used to be) for €1.49.

Bargain, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    If anybody is in Cork you can get a first edition hard back copy of Mick Foley's Harcore Diaries for €1.49.

Bargain, eh?

Where's that? Sounds good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

To be fair, its not even worth that. Awful awful read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gimmick wrote: »
    To be fair, its not even worth that. Awful awful read.

Ah come on if Terry Funk bit Vince on the arse it would have started a new boom period.

Also the diva creeper stuff is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Sorry, it's in Dealz!

Think I have a first edition, signed copy of that book.

It's fairly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 B Cool

Think Im abit late to the thread but sure Il give my opinion anyways :)

Shawn Michaels book is my favourate (probley because Im a mark for him)
    Chris Jerichos books very good and I liked hulk hogans it was like reading a mad mans book. I dont like bret hart but his book was very good.

Im reading Ric Flairs book now and its great I really am loving it.

Can anyone tell me if Godusts book is any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

My favourite books are:
    Shawn Michaels (Heartbreak & Triumph)
    Mick Foley (Have a Nice Day)(Signed)
    Batista (Batista Unleashed)
    HHH&HBK(The unauthorised history of DX)

Batista's book is only on the list because it was the first WWE book I Read

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Seriously, if anyone hasn't got Jericho's books, get them (esp A Lions Tale)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If there was some way you could just pay for the wrestling chapters of Jericho's 2nd book it'd be gold lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Regal's book is probably my favourite besides Foley's first book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭JoeSnow

Its a new Kindle book penned by the Bloodstained Memoirs director. I'm about half way through my review copy, and thought I'd create a thread as there is a lot of room for debate here - its a very well put together piece so far. Lots of inside information from somebody who spent a lot of time around British wrestling who seemingly hated it.

I sense a backlash will come from British wrestling, wrongly or rightly will depend on how accurate the book is. All I'll say is the book seems balanced so far in its criticisms and praises.

We banned a spamming poster who wouldn't stop shilling this movie so talk about this film will be monitored. The film was generally disliked here as a rambling, incoherent mess and amazon/purchase links are an absolute no-no on boards.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    We banned a spamming poster who wouldn't stop shilling this movie so talk about this film will be monitored. The film was generally disliked here as a rambling, incoherent mess and amazon/purchase links are an absolute no-no on boards.

Apologies for the link, I wasn't aware it was against this forums rules.

Bloodstained Memoirs fans can be cringing, however I think the common misconception in Internet forums is that they are some small time indy outfit. The fact is they're not. And in my experience the people who go ott in voicing their hate of the film are the most bitter - far worse than the ott fans. Regardless, there are thousands of people signed up to their networking sites and it's only natural some people will champion them and posts lots about them like any other film / person / performer. That isn't considered as spam as long as its localised to a specific and relevant topic. So it goes back to the misconception of Memoirs being small and therefore anybody posting about it being biased / shilling / spamming. My post was about a book, not a DVD so I dont know why it was moved to a documentary section, and I feel wrongly censored.

So in short, if speaking kindly about Bloodstained Memoirs is considered spam, please feel free to delete my account before I get banned.

Joe.
    Wrestle Hustle lead reviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

You must be quite the fan of it. Nobody is censoring you, if you want to bring up the topic of Bloodstained Memoirs then just be prepared for a wave of negativity. If you can't handle negative opinions then perhaps online forums are not for you.

You must be quite the fan of it. Nobody is censoring you, if you want to bring up the topic of Bloodstained Memoirs then just be prepared for a wave of negativity. If you can't handle negative opinions then perhaps online forums are not for you.

That's under the assumption people need to act like fools though, as if to accept the mere mention of a documentary calls for an attack on somebody. It's stupid. The book went to #1 yesterday in the Amazon wrestling chart - and the moderators feel that there shouldn't be a topic for the book, that discussion should be limited to a sub topic which has nothing to do with the discussion, and discussion will be 'monitored'. So thousands of people bought something yesterday, but can only whisper about it in order not offend sensibilities which are nonsensical. Ok. Now let's all go write in a topic about some two-bit American Indy wrestler who still lives with his Mom...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

JoeSnow wrote: »
    The book went to #1 yesterday in the Amazon wrestling chart - and the moderators feel that there shouldn't be a topic for the book, that discussion should be limited to a sub topic which has nothing to do with the discussion

There's a PW book thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055408420

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    JoeSnow wrote: »
    The book went to #1 yesterday in the Amazon wrestling chart - and the moderators feel that there shouldn't be a topic for the book, that discussion should be limited to a sub topic which has nothing to do with the discussion

There's a PW book thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055408420

Cool, that would have been a much more suitable place to move the conversation, and if it were done without the needlessly snide commentary towards what I find interesting, I may even have been able to locate some self happiness : )

Thanks Charisteas for the link, moved it to the right thread.

JoeSnow -
    you know how we feel about this particular product, I'll ask you to refrain from "selling" the book to us (i.e. this is #1 in amazon, here's some tweets talking up the book, links to buy it, etc). Chatting about it is fine, but there's no leeway on the 'no selling' rule. I hope you understand that I'm not out to get you, but we're a discussion board, not an advertising board, we're all fans here with no ulterior motives and this particular product range has already been spammed on our board. This really isn't meant to sound harsh, we're just looking out for our members as outlined in the PW charter. Please feel free to discuss what you love about it though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I bought Bret hart's book today in Eason's. Just wondering what do people think of the book before I start reading it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

i liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I bought Bret hart's book today in Eason's. Just wondering what do people think of the book before I start reading it?

Thought it was great. Very honest and lots of dirt and gossip about different wrestlers. Only one side of the story of course and no doubt he has a big ego - he's not shy about talking up his own abilities in the ring but he's earned that and it makes the book even better. He portrays himself as the ultimate underdog who got to the top through hard work, but it does have a sad ending (not a spoiler, I'm just talking about things you know about already - Montreal Screwjob, Owen's death, his retirement due to injury, and a whole series of other incidents).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I really enjoyed it but whenever I think of it I always think of my brother saying Bret says "it was the best match (insert wrestlers name) ever had" a nice bit like Partridge saying "needless to say I had the last laugh" in his book Bouncing Back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Any of yous get it signed in O'Connell Street Easons?

In the top two of books on Wrestling ever released. Phenomenal detail and the best at putting you in the eyes of a wrestler.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it but whenever I think of it I always think of my brother saying Bret says "it was the best match (insert wrestlers name) ever had" a nice bit like Partridge saying "needless to say I had the last laugh" in his book Bouncing Back.

Don't use my line about the book. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    Don't use my line about the book. :mad:

You said it too ha, I didn't know you said it but twas fair true all the same.

• Advertisement

You screwed me.

Advertisement