Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mid week footy

Options
  • 26-10-2008 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

yep its very early but im sure a few of you hadn't the best weekend.. i certainly didn't;)

anyway as i mentioned in the one of the other threads hull are 15/2 to win and 17/10 win or draw against chelsea on wednesday. could be room for a little bet there seeing as chelsea haven't exactly impressed in their last two matches and hull have been punishing mid divisions.

Any thoughts on the other matches? manu, arsenal, celtic, liverpool, ac milan, seville all seem to be safe but with what happened over the last few days i think i'll be havin a good look at each match and leavin some alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Was the weekend gone that bad? Have seen a few comments saying that. All the league leaders in England and Scotland won bar Chelsea (costing me a few quid I might add). Even laid Chelsea off for a draw to compound matters lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Dr Jan Itor

I had 4 seperate acca's on the weekend - each one ruined by one team:

utd in one, reading in one, livingston in one and valencia in one yesterday to try and recoup saturdays losses!!

not a great weekend for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

i couldnt imagine man u droping more points and at home but at 2/9 in pp . you would be talking major lumping.
    somthing about mid week premiership and early kick offs on a sat always go wrong for me . even when picking the favorites lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

Collie D wrote: »
    Was the weekend gone that bad? Have seen a few comments saying that. All the league leaders in England and Scotland won bar Chelsea (costing me a few quid I might add). Even laid Chelsea off for a draw to compound matters lol

alot of people had accum's go wrong this weekend, manu alone would have cost people and im sure alot of people would have taken reading as well.. also with the chelsea match alot of people went for chesea or handicapped them one way or the other so in other words if you did three well researched four match accums this weekend you probably lost each one. i also had alot of doubles go bad ie arsenal/ portsmouth.. arsenal/ bolton.. manu/ hull.. hull/ reading

anyway wednesday looks a bit better but yeah 2/9 manu aint the best. mite take to win both half's or -1 for odds sake

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If yous think 2/9 for United is the wrong price then you should back it anyway. Even if your putting on 20 or something, if you're so sure of them winning then look at it as being nearly a pint paid for by the bookies.

Personally i think the price is about right, for the bookies, so i wouldn't be backing it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Have looked at tuesdays bets so far and some fairly good prices in league 1 and 2 matches. Have 15 picked between prem, championship, league 1/2. wil mix them up with 50euro and hope will get some results

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

d-gal wrote: »
    Have looked at tuesdays bets so far and some fairly good prices in league 1 and 2 matches. Have 15 picked between prem, championship, league 1/2. wil mix them up with 50euro and hope will get some results

Agreed, I am ignoring the Prem this week and looking further down the coupon. Brentford away to Chester @ 5/4 for me. Chester haven't won in seven and although Brentford seem like draw merchants this season I think they can win away here for a chance to go top of the league

had a quick look myself.. birmingham 13/8 , leicester 5/4, mk dons 13/10... all looking good so far

Have them 4 teams already, scunthorpe 19/10 and tranmere 21/10 also very generous bets

decided to keep tomorrow and wed seperate.. and have taken your suggestions on board..

MK Dons 13/10
    Leicester 5/4
    Scunthorpe 19/10
    Birmingham 13/8
    Brentford 5/4 = trebles, fourfolds and small acc.. Total 7.50

surprised by some of those odds ie scunthorpe V oldam ( who are favs but have only one win against second last in last six games )

GL lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Trampas

Spurs 15/2 away and 9/5 double chance seems good to me.

All that goes with having a new manager.

newcastle 10/11 at home tonight good odds
    must win game lads. baggies poor away forum too havnt beat magpies in donkeys years
    i think newcastle in duff and martins have the makings of a home win there tonight ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looking at the Championship ties, they are all tricky in my view. Either similair form sides playing each other or the favourite away or the home favourite in variable form.

A very small stakles treble could be Brum, Wolves/Swansea +2.5, Sheffield Utd @13/1

League One

Peterborough, Millwall, Mk Dons, Scunthorpe @19/1

League 2

Brentford, Exeter, Wycombe, Shrewsbury @10/1

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Accum

Everton to beat Bolton - 9/5, Everton are improving lately and Bolton woeful
    Chelsea to beat Hull - 1/2, Cmon seriously
    Villa to beat Blackburn - 4/6, saw Blackburn at home on Sat - very bad
    Lyon to beat Sochux - 8/11 (you can get them at 4-5, this is top against bottom in the French Ligue 1 - unless im missing something this is a good price)

Pays 11-1 Boyles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭jacool

hi all,
    i pick 4 - 3 come up - you have been warned !!
    last weekend it was Villarreal, your job is to pick out the 1 wrong in these 4 !

WBA +1 goal 5/6
    Wycombe 8/13
    Crystal Palace 8/13
    Wolfsburg(Ger) 1/2

and for a five-timer add in
    Lincoln 6/5

this gives a 6/1 four timer and an almost 15/1 five timer !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Trampas

2 doubles for me

Newcastle and Shrewsbury

D/R and Wolves

Just under 2/1 each

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

just one bet for me and thats bury to bt bradford @ 5/2 PP i just think that the price is to big should be a 7/4 or 15/8 shot in my book:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Have gone for the treble of Man Utd, AC and Napoli at above evens.

Napoli look like the bet of the weekend for me. They are unbeaten at home including a win over Juve I tipped two weeks ago and 3rd in the league playing a team that have yet to pick up a point on the road who sit at the foot of the table. 1/2 widely available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

lumped on bordeaux at around 2/5

Lot of unlucky losses for me, hopefully 2mro more fortunate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'm sorry I didn't back Newcastle earlier, I fancied em to get a result tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fail :(

Exeter were thrashed 6-1, Brum couldn't score agsainst QPR, etc etc *shakes head*

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Man Utd, Celtic, AC Milan, and Lazio

€20 returns €109. What ye think?

Any other good accums? Reasonable ones! I'll put another €20 if there's anything good...

BTW if this bet comes in, that's about a week's wages for me :p I normally only put on €5 or €10, being a student an' all...

5 bets: 25euro

1. Man city, man utd, liverpool, villa 7/1
    2. add celtic 10/1
    3. AC Milan, lazio, napoli 4/1
    4. Add lyon 7/1
    5. 9 teams together 80/1

€5 each bet

ac milan?
    id be hesatant there
    ronaldihno out plus a few others
    goal.com reveiws read the article there

lumped.. manu, liverpool, arsenal 1.5/1

might be regretting it already;)

redfan wrote: »
    ac milan?
    id be hesatant there
    ronaldihno out plus a few others
    goal.com reveiws read the article there

Ac have plenty of strength in depth are on great form and should be far too strong for Siena. Their midfield looks a little light but you're still talking about Emerson, Kaka and Ambrosini. All better than Siena.

true but milan are simalar to the likes of liverpool. poor against low teams and then turn it on in big games ie 1.0 v inter last month

ps dont forget the north of england hull and places like that have very bad weather . coould be a factor in the games.
    overall arsenal at home tonight at 4/6 is a great price .. im lumping there

That was true last season but I'm not so sure about this one. It wasn't normally true of them. They also have much better players than Pool and the bad teams in italy are so much worse than the bad teams in England.

Still tipping Napoli. Great value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

How's about United, Napoli, and Juventus, €20 returns €68?

Advertisement