Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Britain the NWO Test State?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

DubTony wrote: »
    If you're referring to the bit about "weeding out "undesirables"", yes, I suppose it is going against that. That's the point.
    You seem to be assuming that employers are asking for this information for nefarious purposes.
    No. I've never seen one of these forms until tonight. The point being made is that the forms can be used to discriminate.
    They could also be used to identify dissenters for the NWO, but there's no evidence of that either.
    Maybe just maybe they're being used for their intended purpose?
    This thread is primarily about invasions of privacy.
    But an employer asking personal questions isn't.
    The employers ask for information they feel is appropriate to the vacancy. If you don't want to answer these questions you don't have to apply. And if you feel you've been discriminated against there's channels to go through.
    Do some employers ask questions that are a bit personal? Yes.
    Do some employers discriminate? Yes.
    Do all employers do these things? No.
    Do people overreact? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Feck all these laws. They are all introduced for an NWO.

Nothing to do with the likes of Catholic disadvantage within the civil service ETC. in NI?

A law that obviously was introduced to stop disadvantage is now being used to disadvantage?

Yeah?

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

King Mob wrote: »
    You seem to be assuming that employers are asking for this information for nefarious purposes.

They could also be used to identify dissenters for the NWO, but there's no evidence of that either.

The employers ask for information they feel is appropriate to the vacancy. If you don't want to answer these questions you don't have to apply. And if you feel you've been discriminated against there's channels to go through.
    what about if I go into an interview and start asking the interviewer about his/her medical conditions or if he/she has any kids or disabilities. How would that be relevant to the job and how is it something I would need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

I'll refer you to this provided by Helen http://www.safeworkers.co.uk/job-int...-be-asked.html

and to post number 118 in this thread.

Asking or requiring answers to these questions in a job application or interview IS ILLEGAL.

I'll refer you to this provided by Helen http://www.safeworkers.co.uk/job-int...-be-asked.html

and to post number 118 in this thread.

Asking or requiring answers to these questions in a job application or interview IS ILLEGAL.

Thank you... yet somehow they've found a loophole. So they can ask those illegal questions under the guise of anti-discrimination:rolleyes:

It always says that the form will not be used in the recruitment process yet, as you've said, you hand both forms in together to the same person. If they have little discriminations in their head, you've just given them all the answers so they can discriminate against you using the 'anti-discrimination' process :cool: It's almost laughable... only there's nothing funny about it.

So yes, putting that together with the original topic... that, along with the CRB check which SOME employers ask for, sometimes with no good reason (admittedly not all of them... but there's a significant number if you refer to the www.totaljobs.com website). People sometimes have to give up an invasive amount of information in order to simply APPLY for a job. If these forms were given to you upon commencement of your employment, that would be a different issue (something I'm still not happy with but it's still a different issue) but, sometimes simply to be CONSIDERED you have to disclose all that info.

Why do you need to have the police do a full check on you just to get a job working at a desk? The two seem entirely unrelated to me... specifically when you're NOT working with kids, elderly, vulnerable and sometimes have no contact with the public at all???????? It's highly suspicious

• Advertisement

Many of the examples I've given of personal questions asked are NOT appropriate to the vacancy. I know I don't have to apply if I don't want to answer the questions but I have no negative answers to those questions so I do answer... IF, however, I DID suffer from diarrhoea the odd time... I fail to see why the hell my employer would need/want to know about that. Or if I have psoriasis or eczema it would either be obvious or it wouldn't be. If it's not obvious, why is it any of their business?

I know not all employers do these things... I've never claimed that. But employers are using the recession to conduct recruitment processes that aren't exactly legal... and I just think it's quite disgusting... cos they know people NEED work... and people will do anything to get that job. And employers know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

To be fair, psoriasis and eczema can make a candidate unsuitable for certain occupations for example, psoriasis can develope into psoriatic arthritis (I think something like a third of psoriasis sufferers get it). If this developes in the hands of a typist, it will imped their work. I don't see why an employer shouldn't be aware that someone they are hiring may not be physically up to doing the job. If you don't feel comfortable answering these questions, just ask the employer why they need to know.

humanji wrote: »
    To be fair, psoriasis and eczema can make a candidate unsuitable for certain occupations for example, psoriasis can develope into psoriatic arthritis (I think something like a third of psoriasis sufferers get it). If this developes in the hands of a typist, it will imped their work. I don't see why an employer shouldn't be aware that someone they are hiring may not be physically up to doing the job. If you don't feel comfortable answering these questions, just ask the employer why they need to know.

It's a double edged sword... if I ask them why they need to know they'll just presume I have 'all of the above'.

Point taken on psoriasis BUT it only CAN develop into arthritis but not guaranteed? So why not hire them on the basis of something that MAY or may NOT happen? In fairness something may or may not happen any of us regardless of what info we have to our knowledge upon applying. There are many things that can lead to arthritis. That person may never get arthritis and could be typing at 90 wpm into their hundreds:D an employer can't foresee that, can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

No, they can't, but in situations like this, business works on likelihoods. It's more likely for someone to get arthritis if they have psoriasis. Doesn't mean they will get it, but it makes more sense in a business setting to hire someone with the same qualifications who doesn't have this condition, or any condition that increases the chance they will develop something that impairs their ability to work well.

Undergod wrote: »
    No, they can't, but in situations like this, business works on likelihoods. It's more likely for someone to get arthritis if they have psoriasis. Doesn't mean they will get it, but it makes more sense in a business setting to hire someone with the same qualifications who doesn't have this condition, or any condition that increases the chance they will develop something that impairs their ability to work well.

that's why it's illegal to discriminate against somebody with a disability... so why ask those questions if you're not going to use it for discriminatory purposes? I don't buy the talk that it's for their filing purposes.

If something impairs your ability to do the job, I believe you're obliged to inform them though. If it doesn't, it's not their right to know about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭hkcharlie

as populations grow they intermingle and the demographic broadens. This is the way of the world we live in and the once normal conventions become not normal for those stepping into a new society.

Britain is not the NWO test state! This feeling of them and us is as old as humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

not sure why you posted this... considering this media is a controlled media...

anyway from the article??

"Yet let’s try to remember the last full-on riot in Britain that resulted from
    a political rally – ah yes, the Poll Tax riots almost 20 years ago. "

where the other riots that have happened in the last 20 years at protests against government policy, not really full on riot, more just a few lads getting into mischief.... WTF is that quote about...

then it goes on to give out about poice wearing body armour and carrying pepper spray..... god forbid that these men and women protect themsleves...

Advertisement