Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

champions leauge again

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

Eh, is this a windup?
    In the situation you've outlined the €13 profit is not just value, its absolutely stonkingly brilliant value, its ~15% profit per bet which is punting paradise.

15% profit per bet? assuming all your 80/1 bets win i would agree.. thats laughable.. it would be 16 cent per bet if you won the expected 1 in 81 if you won 81 out of 81 you would most probably be some kind of god and i would recommend the lotto ( now theres a value bet ha )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

15% profit per bet? assuming all your 80/1 bets win i would agree.. thats laughable.. it would be 16 cent per bet if you won the expected 1 in 81 if you won 81 out of 81 you would most probably be some kind of god and i would recommend the lotto ( now theres a value bet ha )

You've lost me. I meant that if you won just the 1 in 81 but were getting 94/1 all the time you would be winning ~15% per bet.
    And that this would indeed be a stonking great return.

How much do you think its actually possible to win at this game? The very very best punters out there, the guys who do hours of daily research, statistical analysis, number crunching before deciding if a bet is good (people like Nick Mordin and Kevin Pullein) - these people are looking to maintain a return of about 7% profit per bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lao Lao wrote: »
    I fail to see how backing the favourites is -EV long term.

Talking like this in the gambling fourm is going to lose so many people....

You've lost me. I meant that if you won just the 1 in 81 but were getting 94/1 all the time you would be winning ~15% per bet.
    And that this would indeed be a stonking great return.

How much do you think its actually possible to win at this game? The very very best punters out there, the guys who do hours of daily research, statistical analysis, number crunching before deciding if a bet is good (people like Nick Mordin and Kevin Pullein) - these people are looking to maintain a return of about 7% profit per bet.

I think we mis-understood each other here.. but your point that the return on one win would be a stonking one isn't really relevant. it would be a stonking return if the bet was only 80/1 as well would it not? ( 80 times your €1 ) so how does an extra €13 euro if beyond all possibilities you hit your bet equal good value. check out the odds on the next big golf tourney ( british open etc ), at least a quarter of the entrants will be astronomical prices ie 500/1 with less than 500 in the tourney you would class this as a value bet yeah? but its not value if they have pretty much no chance of winning in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I think we mis-understood each other here.. but your point that the return on one win would be a stonking one isn't really relevant. it would be a stonking return if the bet was only 80/1 as well would it not? ( 80 times your €1 ) so how does an extra €13 euro if beyond all possibilities you hit your bet equal good value. check out the odds on the next big golf tourney ( british open etc ), at least a quarter of the entrants will be astronomical prices ie 500/1 with less than 500 in the tourney you would class this as a value bet yeah? but its not value if they have pretty much no chance of winning in the first place.

That doesnt mean to say that there isnt a guy in there at 500/1 who isnt great value though, it does happen and goin back to the original bet its not that its only 6 results = 94/1 that makes the bet good or bad value its if the odds of them 6 results in reality should be lower or higher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

what are you talking about in realtion to the golf. of course a golfer is value if his true odds are less than 500/1 but you can get 500/1 also it usually has nothing to do with the amount of entrants even though you mention 500 entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

any chance of moving yer discussion to another thread? it's OT and is spoiling this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

jArgHA wrote: »
    any chance of moving yer discussion to another thread? it's OT and is spoiling this thread.

+1

Its ruining the thread.

Get a room lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

Going for Chelsea -1 tonight 5/4 with PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Chelsea/Barca double for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Barca / Chelsea / Inter Treble @ 6/4 on Betfair -
    I can't see this not working out based on form (could be famous last words) so will be throwing a few bob on it.

Get in there! Chelsea giving me a scare for most of their match, which was nowhere as clear cut as I expected it to be. Also Inter scraping a 1-0..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

cheers Chelsea and Inter. Made me sweat though !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Had a few random accumulators, this would have paid out just under 500 - 1!! :(

€1.00 To Win - Accumulator (11)

Atletico Madrid v Liverpool
    Draw
    3.25 Win
    - Basel v Barcelona
    Barcelona
    1.50 Win
    - Bordeaux v CFR Cluj
    Bordeaux
    1.72 Win
    - Chelsea v Roma
    Chelsea
    1.44 Win
    - Fenerbahce v Arsenal
    Fenerbahce
    3.50 Lose
    - Inter Milan v Anorthosis Famagusta
    Inter Milan
    1.16 Win
    - Juventus v Real Madrid
    Juventus
    2.87 Win
    - Leeds v Leyton Orient
    Leeds
    1.44 Win
    - Man Utd v Celtic
    Man Utd
    1.25 Win
    - Reading v Doncaster
    Reading
    1.36 Win
    - Villarreal v AAB Aalborg
    Villarreal
    1.20 Win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Had a nice accum of barce, inter, chelsea and bordeaux - 4/1

sorry lads, im finished with it...

no more OT from me..

on topic.. chelsea 1-0! they played brutal.. ruined a few bets for -1

Advertisement