Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

js35 wrote: »
    Good I can't stand her 😂

She has definitely got less annoying I think in recent times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maddy is leaving

Is she leaving for good or just taking a small break?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Lads, the Eurovision episode next year is going to be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

max life wrote: »
    Is she leaving for good or just taking a small break?

For good and so is both
    Josh and Andy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

For good and so is both
    Josh and Andy

There was a rumour a while ago that they were having a massive cull of newer characters because they were all fairly unpopular. The powers that be denied it but so far it seems to be true. I think Kat is the only one I saw named that hasn't left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

There was a rumour a while ago that they were having a massive cull of newer characters because they were all fairly unpopular. The powers that be denied it but so far it seems to be true. I think Kat is the only one I saw named that hasn't left.

I think
    Rickey
    is leaving too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The Braxtons ruined this show. The obsession with them was ridiculous. It was alright at the start but then the whole show was about them. Now everytime I switch on all these late 20s/early 30s group of men and women seem to be swapping partners around amongst themselves. I havent a clue who is going out with who!! And then there is 30 year old actor playing VJ!! Surely surely they could have got a young actor Inn a country of millions!!

Only likeable characters are john, Irene, Chris the odd time, kat because she is a goddess! and ..... actually that's all I can think of! I mean that genuinely

The Braxtons ruined this show. The obsession with them was ridiculous. It was alright at the start but then the whole show was about them. Now everytime I switch on all these late 20s/early 30s group of men and women seem to be swapping partners around amongst themselves. I havent a clue who is going out with who!! And then there is 30 year old actor playing VJ!! Surely surely they could have got a young actor Inn a country of millions!!

Only likeable characters are john, Irene, Chris the odd time, kat because she is a goddess! and ..... actually that's all I can think of! I mean that genuinely

Yeah, it really is at it's worst for as long as I can remember. The Braxtons really did dominate it for the last 4 years or so. I only tune in every now and again these days and depending on who is on I can't be bothered sticking with it. I think Matt was probably the last decent character they introduced and even with him he got fairly boring once Sasha left.

VJ is ridiculous. I get that they wanted to bring the character into more story lines and to do that they need to cast someone old enough to work full time, but that particular bit of casting was just stupid. Plus he's really annoying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Maddy is leaving

Good. Hopefully she'll bring Phoebe with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I had started to tolerate Phoebe but lately she and Ash have been so annoying! Same story with Maddy, I had found her less hateful of late and always liked Matt's character but lately they are both just tiresome. A good strong tidal wave is long overdue, we need a new wave of characters to replace the dead wood!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Let them take Kat with them - head off to the site by the creek and never come back. She is so wooden.

For good and so is both
    Josh and Andy

Where did you read that? Didn't see that on any of the main soap news websites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭wiz569

max life wrote: »
    Where did you read that? Didn't see that on any of the main soap news websites

They are both leaving alright its on the Home and Away spoilers page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Am I just very naive or are the kids relationships in this show very 'mature'?

Addle wrote: »
    Am I just very naive or are the kids relationships in this show very 'mature'?

Yes, but I think that has always been the case over the years. A lot of the kids are essentially strays (for want of a better word!), with no parents and only Irene, Leah or the caravan park people as guardians and are basically allowed do whatever.

wiz569 wrote: »
    They are both leaving alright its on the Home and Away spoilers page

Will be glad to see the back of her. I never liked her personality. The character is selfish and spoilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Yes, but I think that has always been the case over the years. A lot of the kids are essentially strays (for want of a better word!), with no parents and only Irene, Leah or the caravan park people as guardians and are basically allowed do whatever.

It is getting ridiculous. They basically take the same story line and run it over and over and over.

trixychic wrote: »
    It is getting ridiculous. They basically take the same story line and run it over and over and over.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago but that is essentially what the original premise of the show was and why it's called Home & Away. Stray kids make new Home Away from home. In my opinion they need to get back to it more. The last few years the focus has been on the Braxtons and everything has revolved around them.

. The last few years the focus has been on the Braxtons and everything has revolved around them.

I revolve around the Braxton too though in all fairness. *drooool*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I enjoyed the Braxtons in it.

• Advertisement

Brax is my favourite male character since Home and Away started....and I have been watching since the very beginning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I'm actually giving up on home and away after the dose of crap that was today's episode

Wellyd wrote: »
    I'm actually giving up on home and away after the dose of crap that was today's episode

Today was a very bad episode!!!

Ghekko wrote: »
    Let them take Kat with them - head off to the site by the creek and never come back. She is so wooden.

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Just catching up on the last few episodes of h&a...Nate asks Zac to be his best man. Eh are they even friends?!

Ridiculous episode I concur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Just catching up on the last few episodes of h&a...Nate asks Zac to be his best man. Eh are they even friends?!

The characters are so bland. Worst few years of H & A ever. It stems a lot from their over reliance and obsession with the Braxtons where other characters were either not developed, personality wise, weren't given any big stories in general or sufficeiently not enough new unique likeable characters brought in.

It reminds me of The Ferguson era at H & A. Everything looked bright and rosy when he was leaving but he failed to bring in sufficient players in his last few years to continue the legacy on for the future.

The constant swapping of partners between all the characters is the worst thing. I genuinely havent a clue who is dating who, who has recently broken up with who, etc when i get a chance / can be arsed to watch it. They seem to just swap around girlfriends/boyfriends as they see fit!!

Tyhank god The Chase is on at 6 to 7 on the tv! I couldnt watch that garbage everyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I thought the same. It's the first time I've seen them talk. Thought Chris would be his best man, seeing as they have spoken to each other a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nate lived at Leah's house around same time as Zac I think but I don't remember them as good friends, Chris or Matt would have been better choices

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Catching up here, still have to watch Friday's show, but Christ, the Kyle storyline is ridiculous. Saying he'd sell the restaurant and borrow from Ricky to help her out? I'd be hesitant about making such a promise to a friend I'd known all my life, not to mind someone I'd known for a month....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Catching up here, still have to watch Friday's show, but Christ, the Kyle storyline is ridiculous. Saying he'd sell the restaurant and borrow from Ricky to help her out? I'd be hesitant about making such a promise to a friend I'd known all my life, not to mind someone I'd known for a month....

Kyle is some muppet!

Advertisement