Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throwing Cigerette Butts out Car Windows

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Wagon wrote: »
    Well, your friend is a little scummy bitch :)

She was just temporarily sinking to the level of the guy who threw the butt...

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

It's a shyte habit, I agree. But which is worse?

Someone throwing an empty Coke bottle on the ground?
    Someone tossing a cigerette butt on the ground?

To be honest, I don't see a difference. Littering is littering. It doesn't matter what size the litter is. Anyway, it's a lot easier for the coke bottle to be cleaned up than the butt. And the butt is full of toxins. Add all the butts together that are being disposed of on the ground and you're talking about a lot of chemicals that will eventually seep into the ground. Not very healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

jim o doom wrote: »
    Internet hardman nothing - ive only ever removed one mirror intentionally & kicked about 2 or 3 dangerous drivers cars when they nearly hit me, my boots are only size 10, but they do have a nice metal plate for scratching paintwork. Kicking a car aint hard, its EASY, because your gone so fast in traffic theres no chance of retribution! but if you think it's posing, that's fine too man, I don't mind! I was being honest about mirror removal, sometimes it's the only way :p

What the fook gives you the right to kick someones car? Everyone makes mistakes .. If somebody makes a mistake that affects me, I may be annoyed but I'm not going to start kicking the fooking car.*

*Mostly cos it would be a bit awkward to do from a car, but ya know what i mean.

Seriously though, what gives you the right to scratch a car because someone makes a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Well, your friend is a little scummy b!tch :)

Your dead right! How DARE she damage someones precious CAR, when all they did was flick a lit cigarette at her head, which could have burned her face and potentially caused an accident! How DARE she defend her self like that! The NERVE of some people!

What the fook gives you the right to kick someones car? Everyone makes mistakes .. If somebody makes a mistake that affects me, I may be annoyed but I'm not going to start kicking the fooking car.*

*Mostly cos it would be a bit awkward to do from a car, but ya know what i mean.

Seriously though, what gives you the right to scratch a car because someone makes a mistake?

ehh the right that they nearly injured me and caused an accident? it's only a car Im kicking, its my LIFE they are endangering. ( I am being a BIT dramatic now, but cars regularily endanger my life so Im allowed :P )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Honey-ec wrote: »

+1

If I was walking down the street and some dirt bird flicked a cigarette butt in my face, not due to carelessness but due to laziness, I'd say everyone would understand me lifting him out of it.

Just because she's on a bike and yer man's in a car doesn't change it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Hang on a sec...

Throwing cigerette butt out of window warrents taking someones mirror off with your bike....

I fail to see how tossing a cigerette butt out of the window is as bad as causing 200 quids work of damage to someone's car. Your mate's a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

Internet hardman nothing - ive only ever removed one mirror intentionally & kicked about 2 or 3 dangerous drivers cars when they nearly hit me, my boots are only size 10, but they do have a nice metal plate for scratching paintwork. Kicking a car aint hard, its EASY, because your gone so fast in traffic theres no chance of retribution! but if you think it's posing, that's fine too man, I don't mind! I was being honest about mirror removal, sometimes it's the only way :p

why don't you stop driving so fast in traffic? the amount of clown bikers in this country is amazing, even on the m50 i always see bikers flying between two cars in the two lane section. so retarded. also what makes you think you have the right to kick someone's car because you consider their driving dangerous? if that's true you shouldn't be on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

"Kicking a car aint hard, its EASY, because your gone so fast in traffic theres no chance of retribution!"

thats very brave of you

Hang on a sec...

Throwing cigerette butt out of window warrents taking someones mirror off with your bike....

I fail to see how tossing a cigerette butt out of the window is as bad as causing 200 quids work of damage to someone's car. Your mate's a bitch.

Okey dokey, we'll throw a burning object onto your chest while you're perched on a bike in the middle of traffic and see if you think it's perfectly alright.

• Advertisement

Your dead right! How DARE she damage someones precious CAR, when all they did was flick a lit cigarette at her head, which could have burned her face and potentially caused an accident! How DARE she defend her self like that! The NERVE of some people!

Yeah i suppose your right. I mean, it may have been an accident, they may have wanted to apologise etc... but i suppose taking someones mirror off equals the playing field :confused:

wrong. she sank far below his level by deliberately destroying his property, whereas he inadvertantly hit her with a cigarette butt. there is a difference.

Yeah i suppose your right. I mean, it may have been an accident, they may have wanted to apologise etc... but i suppose taking someones mirror off equals the playing field :confused:

Long story, but she reckoned he did it on purpose.

Okey dokey, we'll throw a burning object onto your chest while you're perched on a bike in the middle of traffic and see if you think it's perfectly alright.

Oh wait, was she stationary? I thought you meant she was moving through traffic and maybe your man just didn't see her coming?

*This isn't sarcasm, I may have taken it up wrong* :o

Hang on a sec...

I fail to see how tossing a cigerette butt out of the window is as bad as causing 00 quids work of damage to someone's car. Your mate's a b1tch.

This may be hard to understand, but please try. On a bike, some bikers have helmets with no face covering, and those that do occasionally need to open them because they fog up (we dont have heating to solve this issue like cars do). If a person has an unprotected face and a lit butt hits it, it will burn you and you could crash, especially if it hits the eye. So was she right to injure this douchebags car when he endangered her life through laziness and ignorance, did he deserve it? She was DEAD right, and he deserves every penny he has to pay.

"Kicking a car aint hard, its EASY, because your gone so fast in traffic theres no chance of retribution!"

thats very brave of you

I never said it was about bravery - you were the one calling ME an internet hardman dude, it was about retribution, that's all! if your trying to annoy me, you are failing spectacularily ;)

Oh wait, was she stationary? I thought you meant she was moving through traffic and maybe your man just didn't see her coming?

*This isn't sarcasm, I may have taken it up wrong* :o

She was stopped beside him at the lights further down the keys, he spat his chewing gum out the window and it landed in her lap. She told him to watch what he was doing and he told her to piss off. Lights went green, off they went, and she gave him the finger (childish, yes, but he deserved it).

Stopped again at the lights at O'Connell bridge and as she pulled up beside him, he flicked the cigarette butt out the window at her and laughed. Lights went green again, they hit traffic as they were heading up towards Liberty Hall and as she was passing him she pulled his mirror off.

Under the circumstances, I think it's pretty clear who the scumbag was here, and it ain't her.

hopalong85 wrote: »
    why don't you stop driving so fast in traffic? the amount of clown bikers in this country is amazing, even on the m50 i always see bikers flying between two cars in the two lane section. so retarded. also what makes you think you have the right to kick someone's car because you consider their driving dangerous? if that's true you shouldn't be on the road.

YOu are both making assumptions that I drive dangerously fast, that I think it's normal and ok & that ALL bikers are dangerous (tarring us all with the same brush). It must be HARD to get that much preconception in to one statement, but you succeded, well done. And when you say "consider" what I mean is, if someone nearly just hit me, or brushed off me because they didn't look, and I saved my self through evasive maneuvering, and had I not I would be dead or injured, or because their cigarette butt has hit me? there is no "consideration" involved, if someone nearly kills me or hits me with a butt your right, I do feel that its ok to kick their dam car.

This may be hard to understand, but please try. On a bike, some bikers have helmets with no face covering, and those that do occasionally need to open them because they fog up (we dont have heating to solve this issue like cars do). If a person has an unprotected face and a lit butt hits it, it will burn you and you could crash, especially if it hits the eye. So was she right to injure this douchebags car when he endangered her life through laziness and ignorance, did he deserve it? She was DEAD right, and he deserves every penny he has to pay.

so by reckoning if you cut me off on a bike this evening going home nearly
    causing me to crash and potentially cause me damage ive every right to
    drive after you and knock you clean off your bike?

or if its a car that does it to me then im within my rights to try to hunt them down and try my best to damage thier car?

or is this form of justice reserved only for bikers?

or if its a car that does it to me then im within my rights to try to hunt them down and try my best to damage thier car?

When he drives alongside and flings a lit cigarette in the window of your car which hits you in the face forcing you to swerve dangerously feel free to go mad.

• Advertisement

YOu are both making assumptions that I drive dangerously fast, that I think it's normal and ok & that ALL bikers are dangerous (tarring us all with the same brush). It must be HARD to get that much preconception in to one statement, but you succeded, well done. And when you say "consider" what I mean is, if someone nearly just hit me, or brushed off me because they didn't look, and I saved my self through evasive maneuvering, and had I not I would be dead or injured, or because their cigarette butt has hit me? there is no "consideration" involved, if someone nearly kills me or hits me with a butt your right, I do feel that its ok to kick their dam car.

assumptions that you drive dangerously fast? what are you talking about? i made no such assumption about your driving. i also didn't tar all bikers with the same brush. i said there are a serious amount of clown bikers in this country. this is a true statement. i never said the majority. please reread the post.
    the fact remains that if you think somebody driving dangerously is justification for you destroying their property then you should not be on the road. if you flew in between my car and another illegaly and almost hit my car with your dangerous driving would i be entitled to then kick your bike over in your opinion?

every right to chase me and damage my bike; sure, but not cause personal injury to me, which knocking me "clean off my bike" would surely do (note I made no mention of injuring the driver of said car). When you endanger a biker, you endanger their life, simple as. Minor cosmetic damage to a car is hardly comparible to injuring and potentially killing someone now is it? And no it's not reserved for bikers anyone can engage in "road rage" however bikers tend to more often, because they regularily nearly get killed by "idiots" on the road on a daily basis. Even a car driver will tell you how many morons are out on the road driving dangerously, the danger is ten fold for a bike, because we are harder to see and less of a threat.

hopalong85 wrote: »
    assumptions that you drive dangerously fast? what are you talking about? i made no such assumption about your driving. i also didn't tar all drivers with the same brush. i said there are a serious amount of clown bikers in this country. this is a true statement. i never said the majority. please reread the post.
    the fact remains that if you think somebody driving dangerously is justification for you destroying their property then you should not be on the road. if you flew in between my car and another illegaly and almost hit my car with your dangerous driving would i be entitled to then kick your bike over in your opinion?

In my opinion yes and no; not if I was on the bike. Plus like i said in my last post; when you nearly hit a bike, theres a good chance of death, when a bike hits a car, the car gets a scratch. big difference between a damaged vehicle and a lost life - you do realise how vulnerable bikers are right? My old man was in a bad car crash - and he wasn't injured (hit side on at 40 mph his fault) I was hit on my bike (side on, their fault I won teh case) at TEN mph, broken shin, couldnt walk for SEVEN months. Do you see the discrepancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

DarkJager wrote: »
    Ex-smoker ;)

Non smokers really get on my nerves. First its too smokey in pubs, then they want smoking banned from peoples own cars (what right they have to suggest this baffles me), they want prices increased on cigarettes...and then they wonder why smokers don't actually give a **** about where the fag butts go???

Meh. You ( i.e. the smoker) decided to smoke, it's your responsibility to stop your habit having adverse affects on people around you, who decided that they didn't want to smoke. Hence the smoking ban in pubs and the annoyance at the butts being thrown out of car windows.

But I'd have to disagree that non-smokers care about what you do in your own car, home, etc, or what price you pay for cigarettes.

In my opinion yes and no; not if I was on the bike. Plus like i said in my last post; when you nearly hit a bike, theres a good chance of death, when a bike hits a car, the car gets a scratch. big difference between a damaged vehicle and a lost life - you do realise how vulnerable bikers are right? My old man was in a bad car crash - and he wasn't injured (hit side on at 40 mph his fault) I was hit on my bike (side on, their fault I won teh case) at TEN mph, broken shin, couldnt walk for SEVEN months. Do you see the discrepancy?

you weren't in the process of trying to roundhouse kick the car's mirror when they hit you were you!

you weren't in the process of trying to roundhouse kick the car's mirror when they hit you were you!

Nope, I was proceding legally on a main thoroughfare when they hit me side on; thus I won the case - had I been doing something illegal (say like kicking the car) - I would have lost. Also a roundhouse would be WELL hard to execute on a bike - normally it would be foot up & use it like a lance! :)p.s. are you, like me, another one of the poor saps stuck in work at this time friday? :(

Nope, I was proceding legally on a main thoroughfare when they hit me side on; thus I won the case - had I been doing something illegal (say like kicking the car) - I would have lost. Also a roundhouse would be WELL hard to execute on a bike - normally it would be foot up & use it like a lance! :)p.s. are you, like me, another one of the poor saps stuck in work at this time friday? :(

not for much longer,
    im off now to see who i can flick my fag butts at on the drive home!

not for much longer,

;) if you see me, wait til I open my lid for a breather! p.s. it was fun arguin with ya! :)

not for much longer,

Sooo cool!!

• Advertisement

She was stopped beside him at the lights further down the keys, he spat his chewing gum out the window and it landed in her lap. She told him to watch what he was doing and he told her to piss off. Lights went green, off they went, and she gave him the finger (childish, yes, but he deserved it).

Stopped again at the lights at O'Connell bridge and as she pulled up beside him, he flicked the cigarette butt out the window at her and laughed. Lights went green again, they hit traffic as they were heading up towards Liberty Hall and as she was passing him she pulled his mirror off.

Under the circumstances, I think it's pretty clear who the scumbag was here, and it ain't her.

Ah, that changes everything! She's cool then! :)

Advertisement