Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I was reading through old posts and saw something about getting a letter before the results come out if you've failed something? Does this still happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I was reading through old posts and saw something about getting a letter before the results come out if you've failed something? Does this still happen?

AFAIK, no. I've never failed so I don't have any first hand experience, but I don't think so

Anyone know if the print room will be open before the start of the semester? Ideally before the 6th of Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Anyone know if the print room will be open before the start of the semester? Ideally before the 6th of Jan

Is it for college? If so, slow yourself down! No rush :p

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Is it for college? If so, slow yourself down! No rush :p

Nope :P I just have a few sheets to print but I've no credit. Have about 28c worth to print and the minimum online top up is 10euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Nope :P I just have a few sheets to print but I've no credit. Have about 28c worth to print and the minimum online top up is 10euro

I don't know you but write to me that Monday if you are stuck, I've to head back up and can print them for ya.

Is anyone else's Sulis not working? I can't log in.

Is anyone else's Sulis not working? I can't log in.

SULIS and student email are down till 9pm tomorrow

ITD wishes to advise that pursuant to the interruption to the electricity supply to the campus from midnight tonight (as advised by Buildings & Estates) a full IT shutdown will commence today Monday 5-Jan at 3pm. All IT Systems and services will be unavailable from this time. Student email services will also be affected. Restoration of systems and services will commence from 9pm Tue 6-Jan with the expectation that some services may take longer to restore than others.

ITD recognises the inconvenience experienced by our customers as a result of this service interruption. Thank you for your patience.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm glad I didn't go back to Limerick last night like I was planning to now. Don't fancy a night with no electricity in Dromroe if I'm honest. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I've stuff in the freezer :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sup_dude wrote: »
    I've stuff in the freezer :(

It'll be fine. The power's only meant to be off until tomorrow morning so the residual temperature in the freezer should keep things frozen. The time of the massive storm last year we'd no electricity for about 4 days and stuff in the deep freeze was still frozen solid, so tbh I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hope so, I left chicken in there just before I left so I dunno how frozen it got.

sup_dude wrote: »
    Hope so, I left chicken in there just before I left so I dunno how frozen it got.

If you left it in two weeks ago, it'll be well frozen now :rolleyes:

If you left it in two weeks ago, it'll be well frozen now :rolleyes:

Or, ya know, I've been back since to do FYP work? I do hate this :rolleyes: crap unless someone actually says something stupid...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

iLaura wrote: »
    SULIS and student email are down till 9pm tomorrow

ITD wishes to advise that pursuant to the interruption to the electricity supply to the campus from midnight tonight (as advised by Buildings & Estates) a full IT shutdown will commence today Monday 5-Jan at 3pm. All IT Systems and services will be unavailable from this time. Student email services will also be affected. Restoration of systems and services will commence from 9pm Tue 6-Jan with the expectation that some services may take longer to restore than others.

ITD recognises the inconvenience experienced by our customers as a result of this service interruption. Thank you for your patience.

Should that be 9 am?

Email service is up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I have a graduation coming up in a few weeks. Anyone know the story with the caps and gowns etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭shano_88

When do ye reckon the timetables for next semester will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

shano_88 wrote: »
    When do ye reckon the timetables for next semester will be out?

I'd say sometime next week. They came out on the 10th last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

TIMETABLES ARE UP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Wow, 9am start every single day, and the earliest I finish any day is 3pm..

• Advertisement

8 til 6 Monday, 9 to 6 Tuesday (majority of this is the same two lectures from Monday who for some reason, despite being the more simple modules are demanding the most of our time). The rest of the week isn't too bad and Friday leaves me free to get the bus home on occasion. As nice as the rest of the week is, I still don't have enough non-lecture time...

Great timetable everyday except Tuesday! :p:)

Only thing on a Friday is a tutorial from 11-12 :D The rest of it is only alright.

What a shít timetable I got.

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, in at 9, finish at 5/6. Wednesday, in at 9, finished at 12.

Why couldn't I have the Wednesday's timetable swapped over with Friday..? Makes more sense seeing that I have to be home at weekends for work and it's a really long commute :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

What a shít timetable I got.

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, in at 9, finish at 5/6. Wednesday, in at 9, finished at 12.

Why couldn't I have the Wednesday's timetable swapped over with Friday..? Makes more sense seeing that I have to be home at weekends for work and it's a really long commute :(

That's rough, what course?

ScummyMan wrote: »
    That's rough, what course?

Aero Eng

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Mine is lovely this year. No 9ams (I'll have one, but that's from an extra module so that's my own fault) and finished by 4 every day. Also finished at 3 on Fridays so can catch my bus no bother!

Yeah, I have 9 contact hours for my final semester in UL. Gettin' all emotional here... :P

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are 9am starts, but realistically I'll be starting at earlier most days anyway, so can't really complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Cheers for all the 9 o'clock starts! Here's hoping some of them inconvenience the lecturers like they did last semester and get changed around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Is the Students Union open? Want to get a student travel card from there. If it's not, any idea when it is?

Advertisement