Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Aragneer wrote: »
    I am absolutely sick of getting PVA emails...My box was littered with them :/

They're all over the shop this year! I don't remember them sending as many last year.... maybe I just have selective memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Nope they are trying to flood you with them. I kept thinking that I was on a list to fill out the form and they were reminding me to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I maturely giggled too after I sent it and realised.

Yeah..At first I thought I had applied but it seems they are really taking the biscuit with this :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

ULSU twitter account being used to plug a film review

Blood boils

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Fishooks12 wrote: »

Blood boils
    I do wonder if Kelly just retweets every post she makes through the ULSU account. It's so spammy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Fishooks12 wrote: »

Blood boils
    I do wonder if Kelly just retweets every post she makes through the ULSU account. It's so spammy.

Well Kelly is finished in the SU. She had no one to hand over two and she had annual leave to take so she finished last Thu I believe so don't see why she would be still posting stuff. Would it be some of the editors that are staying involved, just so as to keep the site ticking over with new articles ?

Maybe the were meant for the An Focal account

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

I think it's great that Kelly is reinventing herself as a film/music critic. Especially as she spent so much time reviewing people criticising her last year. Will she expect the same in return.

I haven't had a chance to read her blog things yet but I hope their good.

It's good to hear an focal and ulfm are in good hands next year, it would be a pity if they sank into the ether, even if they're both ****.

hopefully i'll get a slot on wednesday night, tell it as it is, educating the ul masse about the world and generally ranting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

cambridge wrote: »
    I think it's great that Kelly is reinventing herself as a film/music critic. Especially as she spent so much time reviewing people criticising her last year. Will she expect the same in return.

It's good to hear an focal and ulfm are in good hands next year, it would be a pity if they sank into the ether, even if they're both ****.

hopefully i'll get a slot on wednesday night, tell it as it is, educating the ul masse about the world and generally ranting.

I'm finished as of now, will be saving for the year though so I'll try and tune in to that ;)

She's finished
    Give a dig at someone eles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Applications are still open!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

CJKeane wrote: »

Balls! Beat me to the punch! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

CJKeane wrote: »

can you apply for 2nd semester now??

For you they will allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Unfortunately applications are open for first semester only. Applications for second semester should be open after semester 1 exams are finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicodemus93

was there letters sent out this year if you failed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I failed one (100% certain) but didn't get one. Sorry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

They were sent out on Thursday afternoon/evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

So we should have gotten them on Friday? Do they only have straight fails on them or are D's on them too?

They were sent out on Friday.

FYP. Someone in another thread posted that they had contacted SAA and they said that they were only sent out Friday, so you should get them Monday or Tuesday.

Quite frankly, I'm sh1tting it waiting for mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Daniel S wrote: »
    So we should have gotten them on Friday? Do they only have straight fails on them or are D's on them too?

Actually since the Limerick sorting office is now in cork it could be 2 working days delivery from Limerick... So bring sent out on Thursday would result in delivery tomorrow... I'd like to be proven wrong though if anybody can do that for me I'd be forever grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Right, going by the CC list on that email, I'm sure everyone got it.

who do we report this **** to? serious abuse of the email system. I'm so sick of receiving the crap from post grads wanting me to fill in their stupid survey, but this is just taking the piss. is that a member of staff?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

'Hey guys, rent my friends house!!

Oh...wait, wrong number....

SECOND EMAIL'

:mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If I ever get access to the all student emails, I shall exact a terrible revenge in the brief time before my access is revoked.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Totally prank calling that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

In an unusual turn of events. Thank you UL for the flawless exam results and letter stating that I have been accepted for a UL40 scholarship. I figure I give out about it should also say nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Totally prank calling that number.
    at 5am.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    at 5am.

Pssh, that's too obvious, try 4am!

You fools dinner time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Adam_M

Could anyone that has an issue with said email, drop me an email with your complaint to supresident@ul.ie. Only by receiving complaints can we act. This abuse has happened far too often this past year and it's far from appropriate.

Advertisement