Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

don't worry boards is here for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

It's... it's.... just not the same!! :'(

*dramatically throws hand against head and storms away, sobbing*

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sup_dude wrote: »
    Can't believe first years over and I'm back home :( Many a good memory in the last year and many a good friend made too. I think I'm gonna be a bit lost for the summer since I don't really live near anyone...

I feel your pain. :(

Maybe we should start a "The Summer Sucks, I Wanna Go Back!" thread? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Don't worry sure you have second year
    Just wait I'm going into 4th year and i feel I didn't do anything it happened so fast I only going to be 21 and I have to decide what to do with my future. Hell am I even doing the right course for me. I like it but there so many interesting course and topic to study. I don't know maybe it was been at home since Christmas (Thank you coop office) but I what to say in college for a little while longer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yup, at least I still have 3 years at least in the place.... :pac: :(

#failure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Jester252 wrote: »
    Just wait I'm going into 4th year and i feel I didn't do anything it happened so fast I only going to be 21 and I have to decide what to do with my future. Hell am I even doing the right course for me. I like it but there so many interesting course and topic to study. I don't know maybe it was been at home since Christmas (Thank you coop office) but I what to say in college for a little while longer.

Doesnt it seem like we were sitting in Joe's 1st year lectures wondering why the hell he was so mental??

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Jester252 wrote: »

Doesnt it seem like we were sitting in Joe's 1st year lectures wondering why the hell he was so mental??
    I miss him and his dog

Got accosted by a inebriated sabbatical officer outside the scholars last week. they all get very mad when they've had a few drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

cambridge wrote: »
    Got accosted by a inebriated sabbatical officer outside the scholars last week. they all get very mad when they've had a few drinks.

guess what like you were sort of looking for it . with the trolling you were doing on this site . did you expect to get of scott free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

in fairness what else are they supposed to do, 2 of the officers have no one to transfer duties over to and because semester is over, have no work to do. in fact i think one of them is offically on holiday right now.

....because they arent entitled to 2 weeks holidays a year?

One for election week, one for summer.

• Advertisement

mayo_lad wrote: »
    guess what like you were sort of looking for it . with the trolling you were doing on this site . did you expect to get of scott free

cop on to yourself. nobody deserves to be verbally attacked by drunken loutesses.

lkionm wrote: »
    ....because they arent entitled to 2 weeks holidays a year?

One for election week, one for summer.

i dunno how many days holiday they're entitled to, certainly 2 weeks. The question was why was the SU elections so poorly publicised. One of the answers is the two people responsible for publicising things were on holiday. Why were they on holiday? because they were contesting the election. whose interest is it to have as few people vote/interested in election? the returning officers.

doesn't take a mass conspiracy theorist rocket scientist to gather it was in the su best interests and the student body's worse interest to let this election go under the radar as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

cop on to yourself. nobody deserves to be verbally attacked by drunken loutesses.

agreed

but hiding behind an anonymous account, giving fake names and photos and generally being a troll is perfectly acceptable:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

i dunno how many days holiday they're entitled to, certainly 2 weeks. The question was why was the SU elections so poorly publicised. One of the answers is the two people responsible for publicising things were on holiday. Why were they on holiday? because they were contesting the election. whose interest is it to have as few people vote/interested in election? the returning officers.

doesn't take a mass conspiracy theorist rocket scientist to gather it was in the su best interests and the student body's worse interest to let this election go under the radar as much as possible.

Well I had personally said no to me promoting elections as publicly as an officer who may have not sought reelection because actively promoting it in the means I would usually do my campaigns involve video's with me in them posters and leaflets all of which were carried out by other sabbatical officers.

I have taken my holidays during that time yes as it is both Unfair to anybody running against me and something I was on the receiving end of In my first ever election. i.e Posters of the returning candidate all over campus in the weeks leading up to elections to promote over familiarity. I dont respect that. but since then elections are now being brought into focus on how best to publicize them next year.I'm sickened by the low turnout but I have stated previously how I felt about it so I'm not going to repeat myself

Also took my holidays last week, It was nice gained a bit of perspective -I'd highly recommend it;)

freyners wrote: »
    agreed

but hiding behind an anonymous account, giving fake names and photos and generally being a troll is perfectly acceptable:rolleyes:

what are you talking about? i'm about as anonymous on this forum as you are. if idiots are annoyed by what i post on this forum it's not really my fault. It's funny people speak of cowardice, what courage does it take to fill yourself full of drink and then shout random allegations at people? How come we've never seen any of these people put their opinions in writing? Why not- because they are complete cowards themselves and think they can get away with it. Lucky for them I consider the current sabbatical officers somewhere between a cockroach and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you're really thirsty so i don't bother pursing them with disciplinary action.

Well I had personally said no to me promoting elections as publicly as an officer who may have not sought reelection because actively promoting it in the means I would usually do my campaigns involve video's with me in them posters and leaflets all of which were carried out by other sabbatical officers.

I'm not sure what this sentence means, but are you saying you CHOSE not to publicise the elections and that you don't HAVE to take holidays?
    I have taken my holidays during that time yes as it is both Unfair to anybody running against me and something I was on the receiving end of In my first ever election. i.e Posters of the returning candidate all over campus in the weeks leading up to elections to promote over familiarity. I dont respect that. but since then elections are now being brought into focus on how best to publicize them next year.I'm sickened by the low turnout but I have stated previously how I felt about it so I'm not going to repeat myself

Well there were 3 reasons given for the low turn out - 1. the SU didn't bother, 2. the candidates didn't bother and 3. the bank holiday monday. I guess you're excused for the latter.
    Also took my holidays last week, It was nice gained a bit of perspective -I'd highly recommend it;)

good for you

Lucky for them I consider the current sabbatical officers somewhere between a cockroach and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you're really thirsty

Cant remember what film thats from :D

I'm not sure what this sentence means, but are you saying you CHOSE not to publicise the elections and that you don't HAVE to take holidays

No YOU as a Campaigns & Services Officer do not actively publicize but I think the guys did the essential elements of a Campaign (in terms of elections) maybe not as I would have done - VIDEO POSTER AND Promotion during the week. Did It do ALL it could have done? My personal opinion No but Derek had a point when he mentioned the activeness of sabbats to get people to vote. It need promotion subtly in 1st semester and then early in the second.
    Well there were 3 reasons given for the low turn out - 1. the SU didn't bother, 2. the candidates didn't bother and 3. the bank holiday monday. I guess you're excused for the latter.

I'd hope I was excused from the latter :)
    The SU did bother, some students did bother to vote - Were either of the results spectacular...no, Reason: We lost people this year, did not work as a team and allowed our personal passion for the job take over. On the students side there have been personal attacks physical, mental and emotional made on sabbats. Some because of a sick twisted fulfillment of online retribution and some genuine disappointment. This often has to be battled trough and the focus returned. Simple ... no bull****
    good for you
    It actually was

No YOU as a Campaigns & Services Officer do not actively publicize but I think the guys did the essential elements of a Campaign (in terms of elections) maybe not as I would have done - VIDEO POSTER AND Promotion during the week. Did It do ALL it could have done? My personal opinion No but Derek had a point when he mentioned the activeness of sabbats to get people to vote. It need promotion subtly in 1st semester and then early in the second.

Why are you capitalising random words and letters? Are you disputing the fact it's the role of the SU to inform the students when and where SU elections are taking place?
    The SU did bother, some students did bother to vote - Were either of the results spectacular...no, Reason: We lost people this year, did not work as a team and allowed our personal passion for the job take over. On the students side there have been personal attacks physical, mental and emotional made on sabbats.

Are you saying sabbatical officers have been physically attacked by students? That's a fairly provocative statement to make. If it did take place, I'm sure you can't go into details about it, if it didn't take place, how we to know?
    It actually was

Have the festivities continued, the coherence of your last few posts have not been to your usual high standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Cant remember what film thats from :D

cyrus-the-virus.jpg

• Advertisement

I though he died in the movie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

The beach is so far away :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

CiaranMT wrote: »
    The beach is so far away :mad:
    I live in one of the most inland parts of Ireland, consider yourself lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Anywhere on campus which is still open which will bind co-op reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Skyrim wrote: »
    Anywhere on campus which is still open which will bind co-op reports?

Print room would still be open?

what's this about a virus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

what's this about a virus

Apparently something's sending around emails with a link to exam results that's actually a virus. I dunno, I just saw something on the Union page about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Cossax wrote: »
    Print room would still be open?

Seen a sign at the print room this morning. 'Open at 2:15 pm' or was it 2:30 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I am absolutely sick of getting PVA emails...My box was littered with them :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Aragneer wrote: »
    .My box was littered with them :/

maturely giggles:pac:

Advertisement