Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sokker Manager - online soccer game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mr Nin

It used to be the case that you could survive in the 1st division based on players alone, now that Division 1 is full up every game is competitive. Creating your own formations are the key to getting anywhere in this game.
    There is a guide in the New User section, written by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭kenyard

im after posting a link in all the second division forums to it mate ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Thanks lads I will have a read of it tonight :D

hows all the new ppl gettin on ingame so? :)

almost at 100 users now. 2 more awaiting teams but they probably wont get them tonight caus theres matches on

Irish Cup quarter-finals tonight. I'm looking to go one better than the runner-up place i got last season.

• Advertisement

All going well for me so far 2 matches played and won both :D and I am 2nd in my league for the moment.

id suggest getting a good squad together before getting promoted :) first division is tough.

u want a fanclub ~700 aswell.
    and a stadium of at least 5000 by the time u get there. i have 17000 there now building like and im only 5th in our division...

i suggest u get training monitoring programs too :)
    sokker organiser

doesnt require install just keep it in a folder somewhere and update 1ce-2ce a week and it gives u clear indication of all player improvements etc... (training occurs on thursdays...)

from that program i can tell clearly i had 5 pace pops this week etc etc...
    Just a few more tips mate

p.s grats on winning first 2 matches. took me a while to get used to the game! pay us a visit on sokker ireland forums :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I replied to the email asking what the story was and it's because I applied for a team a country I don't live in. Why would that matter?

I've just applied and am on the waiting list but will the same thing happen to ma as I live in France but want to play in the Irish league.

BTW, I think this sould be moved on to GAMES --> Football Manager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

am gonna give this a look see. just signed up there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ponster wrote: »
    I've just applied and am on the waiting list but will the same thing happen to ma as I live in France but want to play in the Irish league.

The admins will email you saying you can't join but you just explain your situation and they should let you in. A couple of the lads from this thread spoke up on my behalf so it all got sorted.

yeah..i'll get on to admins if u give me ur team name and details...

otherwises send an email to the admins

heres bit from the rules

The team you apply for must be settled at your real country, unless your country is not available in Sokker. If you are from a country other that the one you're currently living, and want to create a team within this other country, you must send an e-mail to admins@sokker.org.

just send them an email explaining ur there working or something and it shud be handy clear up :)

when u register id say, send ur team name and username + country of registration

if theres any further trouble mate send us a msg. with so many new users joining up from the forums here im sure some of ye will be paired against one another in leagues :)

Cheers. I've emailed them and waiting to see what happens next....

forgot to add... new teams arent accepted on match days (wednesdays and sundays) so wont be accepted till tmw...

98 users we will have now though :)

i suggest everyone who gets on, try and arrange a friendly for wednesday.. if u post ur team here etc i can explain how if needs be.. also might be cool for 2 new teams to challenge each other to see who might have better tactics etc :)

kenyard wrote: »
    forgot to add... new teams arent accepted on match days (wednesdays and sundays) so wont be accepted till tmw..

Aye and that's why the list should have been sorted yesterday. We need our own admin

Lol won my first league game 8-0 :D

wow not bad mate :)
    i suggest u arrange a friendly for wednesday if ur not training stamina as it gives ur team extra training :)
    also play as many players as possible other than ur first team as it trains them too and if u hvae a few youths its gr8 to train them..

still 6 teams awaiting. im gonna spam the mods ingame now

still 6 teams awaiting. im gonna spam the mods ingame now

They want me to prove I'm from Ireland before they'll accept me !
    How am I supposed to prove this?

To be very honest, I'm much less interested in joining a game where the admins want proof of where you live first...

I won 7-1 :D How many teams get promoted from my league?

Ponster wrote: »
    To be very honest, I'm much less interested in joining a game where the admins want proof of where you live first...

That's classic stuff right there (have never seen that on any of the other football manager games I play).

I'm still waiting for my approval email losing interest fast though :mad:

• Advertisement

xavi6 how did u "prove" ur from ireland?

@ponster: id say they just want u to give them ur hometown or something and county..

cant exactly see them wanting a passpost photocopy like :D

@marky: u can ask those questions on forums ingame :). winner of each league gets a playoff match. the best 4 teams of second division get auto promoted. i can send u the link to the autopromotion table if u wish.. post in ur second division forum or something and ill be able to mail u with it then.

@miju: yeah i know theres serious delay this time for some reason.

Ok. I contacted them. Told them where I was from, game them a Google Maps link to my home town, told them how long I was in France, told them that I was a mod of another football management game of Ireland's biggest discussion board and I'd be happy to try and get as many current Trophy Manager players to open up an account at Sokker.

But they decided to reject my "application".

I wouldn't waste your time too much on this game folks. *any* free internet-based game that rejects people because of where they live is never going to last very long.

all the other 5 were accepted then..:S

think a second admin of the game accepted the new ppl and didnt read ur email first or something.. im ticked off too mate. its based on ip that u register from is all...
    as i said, xavi6 got accepted even though hes in same boat as u :S

thats quite stupid alright Ponster (given you guys stuck by me during my recent footies shenanigans on TM) I will do the same here and not play.

the best way to stick up from him in this case is to get him accepted to the game man not the latter

I just reapplied and they let me in. Didn't have to prove anything, though I did offer to link him to my TM and hattrick teams which are of the same name.

here is where im complaining about it ingame.
    from the 4th post on that page down.

the best way to stick up from him in this case is to get him accepted to the game man not the latter

that would be the case. however, as a new user I wouldn't exactly hold much sway now would I especially given the hassle you seem to be having when trying to promote your nation in the game (and believe having done / been still doing that from Trophy Manager) I feel your pain.

BTW is the guy who suggested:
    Well for example drivers licence, passport, ID etc. there are enough ways to proove it.

Actually serious? Only time I done anything like that was when I bought something for 3k from pixmania and even then I begudgengly done it. If you want the Irish community to grow on sokker.org the admins there might want to work out some solid way of approving teams.

just my 0.02 cents. best of luck btw

miju wrote: »
    drivers licence, passport, ID etc. there are enough ways to prove it.

Errr, did someone really say that? In the age of identity fraud something would be willing to email a photocopy of their passport just to get access to a webgame?

They might have a good game and I wish them luck with it but I really can't see them get all that far with it if they decide if people can or can't play based on where they are in the world.

Just for interest, did anyone explain why exactly they have this bizarre system?

• Advertisement

Apologies to anyone rejected because of where you live. Evidently there are the good admin and then there are the useless ones.
    I don't think there is a clear system in place. As has been said, Xavi got in with just an explanation probably due to a lenient administrator. The reason they reject people from outside the country is due to trying to keep the nations localised. Basically they dont want a 1000 Polish members stuck in the bottom of their league to go and join a new nation because it's easier. I understand that and it makes some sense to reject people from outside the country, but not when they've specifically asked and explained their situation.

Advertisement