Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sokker Manager - online soccer game

Options
  • 10-10-2008 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

so well... i played a few MMORPG's over the years and loved the comcepts...
    only thing is i didnt have time after a while to keep going at the addictive ones caus u Needed to be online a certain amount a day to keep going...

www.sokker.org

the concept of the game is similar to Football manager although everything is a lot simpler. basically its also divided into countries so you're playing against irish users only.
    although you can challenge ppl from all around the world in frendlies etc..

thing that i liked is that you have 1 league match a week and 14 a season (basically league ends after this so promotions etc happen)

its not based on real players or atin like that but its great game IMO

theres loadsa videos on youtube too

[http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hIwdH4yEUzw]the match viewer example[/url]
    how tactics work

game is constantly improving too and irish userbase is increasing so i figured there might be ppl from here on. its simple interface and easy to get used to too!

anyone else on the forum here play it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mr Nin

Isn't there somewhere better to put this than MM, an internet section?

Anyway yes, we're members of an online football manager game. There are currently around 60,000 managers worldwide of which 80 are ours (yeah, we're a bit outnumbered) and so here we are trying to recruit more players to Sokker Ireland. It would help the Ireland national team enormously to have just 100 more users and i have setup a guide for anyone who chooses to join.
    We have all the features of a normal online management game but with one big bonus, we have a live match viewer. We also have a very versatile and impressive tactical engine. I've been in the game since June 2006 and i'm still fine-tuning my formations.
    We also have a Bebo page, even if you dont want to play it'd be appreciated if you added us to your friends list. We're trying to advertise ;)
    http://www.bebo.com/SoccerI8

This is a much better video, although that engine has now been updated where players do visibly tackle for the ball and keepers do dive.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hIwdH4yEUzw

Clubpage
    image2se8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

signed up for it but haven't got confirmation mail yet since the first 'we got your registration now wait' one

What user and club name did you pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭kenyard

Funky wrote: »
    signed up for it but haven't got confirmation mail yet since the first 'we got your registration now wait' one

cool man..looks like ur team has been accepted caus theres noone on the waiting list atm :)

look us up ingame - NIN and Kenyard... can give u a helping hand to start off ;)

also - edited original post to put ur video suggestion in NIN :cool: n cheers

• Advertisement

kenyard wrote: »
    cool man..looks like ur team has been accepted caus theres noone on the waiting list atm :)

Unless they've been rejected for no reason like i was. Thats why i was asking for the name.

well we're up to 83 now so im assuming it was him... although that person on waiting list was there yesterday too i think..

give a post here guys if u register anyways :) we can give you the basics in a few mins ingame ;)

hmm apparently i cant fix the link i messed up on the original post anymore :( only noticed now :(

gvvvss2.jpg

its an addictive game all the same ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hey guys, just signed up.

I bring with me 3 years hattrick experience and one year Trophy Manager.

Excellent. Our member numbers have gone up in the last week. We now have 86 with 5 teams on the waiting list.
    There is a newbie guide in the Irish forum that i wrote for new users. Usually i'll send a link when you join but sometimes it takes a while to find new teams.

• Advertisement

How long does approval usually take?

It's difficult to tell really. 1 or 2 days hopefully. I'll harass the mods into speeding things up.

Ok cool. Hopefully won't be too long.

"we normally accept new applicants every day, just be sure they make the request and click on the link they receive via email and we will open the new teams!"

Just got this -
    Your application to www.sokker.org has been
    rejected, your account has been removed.

There are few possible reasons why this situation
    has happened:
    - You didn`t comply with fair-play rules. Most
    common reason is applying for a second team in our
    game or applying for a second team on a shared IP
    without sending explanations to admins@sokker.org.

- You have supplied invalid data during
    registration, ie. you have an offensive team
    name/username, or an invalid e-mail address.

First time signing up. Wtf?

I'll ask, What name and clubname did you sign up with?

Club name is 10 Xaivs & A Keeper.

Username is my own personal name. I replied to the email asking why I was rejected.

I've messaged them about it. I cant see any reason why you'd be rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Just signed up today hopefully wont get a reject message for no apparant reason like Xavi. Only play Xpert online manager online. Username is same as here and Team name is rafaloution.

try reapplying Xavi mate.. maybe u left something blank or something like that..?

u a liverpool supporter????

p.s to all newcomers.. drop us a msg in the newbie section on sokker ireland on forums :)

nice to see ppl from here on! caus its good to have active ppl on forums, its more fun XD

• Advertisement

I replied to the email asking what the story was and it's because I applied for a team a country I don't live in. Why would that matter?

And no, I'm a Man City fan.

explain you're from ireland, just on holidays or something... they do that so everyone cant just go and join one country..or if u had friends in teh game from england u couldnt join england etc...
    i'll contact an admin on the irish forums anwyays and see what they say

Yeah I told him I was just over here on holidays and that I'm from Ireland. Hopefully it can be sorted.

im getting in contact with admins ingame too to sort it mate ;)
    mailing a few of them..will find out what the story is but u might have to reapply...will let u know as soon as i hear word

Yep, asked in the modforum which admin is gonna do the applications for Ireland.

I'll be offline until around 5, but I'll write you as soon as I know more ;-)

just got that... will update ya later so man and it shud be sorted by this evening..

Message from: Ganzengeile
    Date of posting: 2008-10-19 17:04:57
    Subject: Re: hey man
    Everything ok, the admin Nivu is taking care of it! ;-)

he said you'll have to reapply but same team name and same team will be accepted next time ;)
    sorry bout the trouble man! its worth it though for a good game :)

Ok I'm in now so gonna get crackin on my team.

Cheers for sorting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Think this is the first time i've been above you in the league Xavi:)

Lol. We meet again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Joined it a few days ago so thats another Boardsie member :D
    Team name is: Techno United

• Advertisement

cool :)

hope ye can get to the first division soon! its where the competition gets tough!

Advertisement