Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPI Baja

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Carson Attack Buggy

just watched a few clips of them on youtube there nippy

Yup
    I am the proud owner of two of them
    one brand new never run with 23cc engine
    the other has had a few tanks through and has tuned pipe and 26cc Big bore kit fitted
    Next up for it is either a Walboro 813 carb
    or a reed valve kit,, ( Maybe Both ) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 cafedecreme

i heard the Walboro 813 carb are great i am thinking of investing in one myself
    the reed valve kit i havent heard of can you stick up a link to one of them

i might have to get rid of my tuned pipe and swap it for a set of x-cans the place where we go there is a few people complaning to the councel about the noise:mad::mad:
    but hopefuly we can get to use a quarry site on the weekends if we get the green light :D

the reed valve kit i havent heard of can you stick up a link to one of them

Reed Valve Kit :cool:

Fits all large-scale cars fitted with a Zenoah or CY engine.

Manufactured by Oneill Brothers in the states from the highest quality aluminium!

This kit will instantly add power to your engine!

All fitting hardware including gaskets is included in the kit, Nothing else required to fit

No porting is required when using this kit although for maximum power it is recommended, Also no modification to the carb is required, This kit will bolt straight on!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Walbros are good carbs for engines over 23cc. which have a generous fuel consumption. The Walbro carb has a gentle pumping action. So it is at it's most advantageous where the engine it's fitted to will be operated at many different angles. That is why they turn up on gasoline engine airplanes, strimmers, and chainsaws.
    A model car operates always at the same position ie flat with upright engine, so the added gains from a Walbro are fewer for a car engine.
    The gain is due to the pumping action of a Walbro, there might be reduced tuning difference due to the leaning out as fuel level drops in the tank. In other words the tuning at full and just before empty, might approximate closer to the tuning at half full level.
    But that difference might also be too small to notice, it depends on how much pressure the exhaust puts in the tank to send fuel up to an ordinary rc carburettor.
    Usually there is plenty of pressure for upright engines with an RC carb. Aircraft fliers notice more neutral tuning when turning vertical from level, if a Walbro is fitted.

Those Reed valves interest me. They would add engine efficiency at any angle, or any rpm. I wonder how much?

For myself, I would probably spend on such upgrades only after I saw "before and after" rpm figures from a trusted source. Are they available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 BMW

Where abouts in gorey ??
    there is soon to be a hpi dealer in wexford (gorey)

• Advertisement

aint been on here for a while
    and thought i should post the new arrival to the family :D:D
    aint allowed to show a picture of it out of it`s box as we are waiting till saturday to make our vid of it running along with the 5b & ss

aint been on here for a while
    and thought i should post the new arrival to the family :D:D
    aint allowed to show a picture of it out of it`s box as we are waiting till saturday to make our vid of it running along with the 5b & ss

Tha Baja Boys hit the tracks :cool:

Looking forward to pics and vids.

Cool is it a 5b 2.0?????? ordering mine next week :):)

nope it`s my m8`s new baja 5t
    added a picture of it but not supposed to so ssshhhh lol
    were planing a new vid where we will have the 5b 5bss & the 5t on a days bash on sat 21st in the afternoon behind leasiure center if your about drop down

forgot to add the pic

• Advertisement

That looks deadly,, Yea I should be heading down there to Tesco anyway will defo drop over :)

sh!t thought tommrrow was the 21st am working all day today :( give me a text if yer out tommrrow aswell cheers

We're ordering our baja's on monday can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

Is there many baja owners around Dublin? Where do you meet? I'd like to see one in action, not only on UTube

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sonic2810

hi there any of u from gorey ?? if so get back to me

sonic2810 wrote: »
    hi there any of u from gorey ?? if so get back to me

no a fair few have baja's in arklow near enough :)

yeah is close enough i have ust got a traxxas revo i am also on the modelsports forum have u used that at all has baja parts and upgrades on there

cafe le creme has a traxxas i think I've only got a baja a few weeks ago , no havn't been on that site use the http://www.hpibajaforum.com , and order parts from mmr and rcdemon

u should try uberrc they do some nice stuff for the baja to

been around a few part shops and at the moment i only use 3 untill they pee me offf then i search out new ones again
    you want good cheap parts for taxxas try www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk
    modelsport are a bit pricey and 8 times out of 10 dont have item in stock no good to me when i want the item yesterday
    ubber is ok but there is better places out thre!!!

• Advertisement

thanks for that i do try to use both is a pain that there not anygood shops the guy in planit fun is a rip off he want 600 for a revo something wrong with people paying that

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭madmac187

Look at Nitrotek.co.uk 340 sterling man Check it out and its new

• Registered Users Posts: 22 opc-pat

hi guys have any of you checked out the king motors hpi copy?, it looks pretty good, hpi parts will fit also and reasonable priced too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ngun 200

u will spend more trying to keep it together.the hpi baja forum,have a for sale section,every now and again some nice bajas pop up,with alot of
    upgrades for around 1000 euro,sounds alot,but these guys have spend over a 1000 extra on them.i wish i seen this forum before i bought my car,would have save some cash,worth a look.

cool might check them out ;) a its this weeks notion anyway :D herself will kill me if i by anymore rc toys, what she dont know wont hurt her haha:D

nitro are good,have a couple myself,but they can be more trouble than there worth,sometimes.i have my baja about 5 months,they are expensive,but i have had so much fun with this thing,and it has been used
    more than all my nitros put together,and some.if you take care of it,you will have it forever.get one if you can,worth every penny,just you will have to upgrade some weak parts,to get it bullet proof.20 euro a week for one year you will have one.i wont tell if you dont:cool:

ha ya i have few nitros too im not mad into them bought a hyper 7 and a hong nor truggy plus starter boxes and did notting with them had plans to go racing them but never did:o i also have 2 team associated b4 electric buggys waiting to go racing too haha i do a fair bit of 1/10 electric touring car racing alright, i have way too many interests between 1/5, 1/6, 1/8, 1/10 and 1/12 :eek:anything on four wheels thats remote i nearly have it..

ya id say one of those hpi 5ts could be on my to get list:D we might have to sneak one into the shed by night haha:cool:

nice collection,i have a TAMIYA TNX,TNX 5.2,TWO CEN TR ARENAS,AND A
    KYOSHO SUBARU RALLY CAR,AND BAJA 5B 2.0,Out of all them only 2 work.
    why couldent i be interested in gardening or fishing or something,would be
    alot cheaper.out of work at the moment,but when and if i get another job
    i will buy myself a rc plane,i to will have to bring that in to my shed,in the
    middle of the night also.women,they just dont understand :D

Anymore baja owners out there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Echlin W

Hey Bmw im Echlin W and I'm from longford. I'm on Hpi Baja Forum. and Modelsport, Irishfifthscale forums.

Make sure and have a look at that forum. it could be great if we all went on. Like a little mini irish chatroom.
    I have Baja 5b SS and few mods but hoping to treat him to a few :D Christmas presents!!.

Where are you from? Facy a bash?

I'm hopefully goin down to Brittas Bay to bash with some of the lads in Wicklow. Fancy comin down?

What have you done to yours

Advertisement