Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPI Baja

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Brand new Baja - €775
    Hop-ups - €157.94
    End result of chicken game with bus - PRICELESS!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

why? o why?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

OMFG what a clown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 cafedecreme

:p:p i am only jokeing about baja the picture is of it broken down ready for steam clean :D:D

link to the first vid
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=08F9s0Ris7o
    enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

kewl, 62mph

• Advertisement

the speed is in kmh we are europeans now :D:D

the picture added is the best speed i got out of the baja on tarmac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

the picture added is the best speed i got out of the baja on tarmac
    A little above 40MPH, I didn't think they'd go that fast!:eek:

i reckon i could get more out of it as i havent touched a single screw on the carb
    all the settings on the baja are same way since i took it out of the box:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

the speed is in kmh we are europeans now :D:D

yeah I know that............... I was just checking if you where............. er.........awake.......yeah thats it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

got mine today!!

It's the best thing ever.

I can honestly say I will NEVER go back to nitro.

shblob wrote: »
    got mine today!!

It's the best thing ever.

I can honestly say I will NEVER go back to nitro.

nice one shblob
    nitro where when is that out that a new model :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

9:30 this morning knock at the door and it was the postman with a large box yahooo my baja opend box put baja on charge till 3pm then hit the park stayed at park till 7:30 baja running sweet used about 2-3 liters of petrol done no adjusting leave that till next outing added a few pics

Nice collection you have there, I bought the Hummer yesterday, man what an animal.........

is it the shanqui model ? if so i got a tip for you
    i call mine the hippo lol
    i hope you dont mind me asking but where did you buy it an what price did you pay?

i hope you dont mind me asking but where did you buy it an what price did you pay?

Yep thats the one, purchased for €450 at one of the Fuzzed Up Stores....:eek:

They purchased theirs from NitroTek...........http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/ZCA1.htm

And the tip is?

The suspension on that ShengQi looks terrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 BMW

Them baja look class does it cost much to keep them running ?? Start a save box now for one cremedecreme maybe a race if i get one :) i'm not far from arklow

sorry i aint replyed sooner unable to log in
    Magnum wrote: »
    And the tip is?
    the tip would be to buy plenty of spre parts because every time that thing overturns hard something will break
    and if you do have to replace a part try replace it with a part fron the fg firehammer because m8 ive been there done it and got the t-shirt to be fair with you m8 you should have saved up a little more and gone for the baja they are the supreme in 1:5 scale and the best buzz you will get from any rc i now only bring my jeep out as a spare and the only time i take it out of the boot is when something goes wrong with the baja and that is rare
    BMW wrote: »
    Them baja look class does it cost much to keep them running ?? Start a save box now for one cremedecreme maybe a race if i get one :) i'm not far from arklow
    bmw the baja are awsome
    does it cost much to keep running mmmmm
    yes and no
    yes if you want to upgrade stock parts to alloy and pimp out your baja
    no if you want to replace stock parts with stock parts and its pretty hard to brake most of the stock parts because the plastic is so flexy
    and the alloy is just to make things that bit stronger but mainly a case of pimp my ride lol the pics i have on here are old will post some new ones
    myself and my brother-in-law who has a baja ss go to brittas bay most weekends just spent 3hrs out there this eve and man what a buzz
    pm me you email address and i will emsil you where we are going next weekend we might even be going out on monday if weather is good and hopefuly you can come along and see the baja live lol

hey shblob how`s your one going

some updated pics

• Advertisement

more pics

last few pics

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

the baja they are the supreme in 1:5 scale

They might be good.. But the certainly aint the Supreme

If you want supreme
    Go get an Elcon Cleon :D

Like this one :eek:

2h3qtrq.jpg

5l29e1.jpg

2vuwowh.jpg

dlj4et.jpg

Of if you dont want to spend a fortune go and buy a carson Attack

Fantastic value for money

Now
    OTOH
    If you do decide to go for a baja.. Try to go the extra mile and buy the "SS" version ;)

vectra wrote: »
    They might be good.. But the certainly aint the Supreme

If you want supreme
    Go get an Elcon Cleon :D

which cost $2000+ and come without servos or an engine :eek:

now this is a baja copper plated
    20081109144.jpg

the guy who owns this wouldnt give a price on what it cost him to copper plate it
    there is a gold plated one also but i cant find it atm

Nice :cool:

I really don't see the point in owning a blinged out $$$ shelf queen.

To each his own I suppose...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

T-Maxx wrote: »
    I really don't see the point in owning a blinged out $$$ shelf queen.

To each his own I suppose...

Spot on.
    Spend too much and a model is too much $$$ to risk breaking/scratching/getting dirty/making it a "used model".
    Spend too little .... 1 year later you'll be selling it "only used twice", (because the rest of the time you couldn't start it).
    Go club league competitive and you get sucked into a technological arms race with your hobby getting so expensive you spend all your waking hours haunting fleabay waiting for some guy somewhere to totally give away the supermodel you just have to have!

But the guys that took the middle road are meanwhile bashing away clocking up hours and hours of happy stress free fun.

"I really don't see the point in owning a blinged out $$$ shelf queen"

I don’t either i didn’t buy my baja to bling it up and admire it on a shelf i bought it to drive the crap out of it and have enjoyment doing so and when parts break taken it apart and repairing it
    the main parts i am and will bling up are the parts that are the most common weak stock parts that keep breaking
    i like to get out there with my m8 and bash them about and put the baja`s to there limits we aint into mine is faster than your`s or mine can jump higher crap we didnt buy them for that
    that copper plated baja I’d say would cost well over €5000 and for what reason lol and i bet it weighs a ton

coolwings wrote: »
    But the guys that took the middle road are meanwhile bashing away clocking up hours and hours of happy stress free fun.

There you go
    Cant beat a good Carson Attack for pure enjoyment while not costing the earth.

• Advertisement

Carson Attack Buggy

just watched a few clips of them on youtube there nippy

Advertisement