Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff that has other uses!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

i use blusher for blusher obviously and eyeshadow .. vaseline for fly away hairs and lips and eyelashes.

oh and if you have greasy roots, take a triangle at the front of your hair, wash it , dry it and clip over your hair looks all fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

If your swim suit rides up at the back, spray your bum with hairspray and it supposedly keeps it in place!!
    Am definitely going to try the honey thing.
    Vinegar is fabulous for stains on white clothes, just soak them in hot water and the vinegar, it brightens the whites too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

A sprtiz of hairspray on the sides of synthetic tops stops sweatmarks.

Oil-absorbing sheets for your face will take the edge off greasiness on your hair too.

Honey is an excellent facial, leaves it feeling like a baby's arse :) also, if you have some honey that's seen better days and is starting to chrystalise, it can be used as a body exfoliant.

Olive oil, coconut oil and baby oil all work as deep conditioners for your hair, massage about a half a cup through (work it through gooood and even), leave it in about an hour, then shampoo your hair before getting it wet to make sure you get all the oil out.

Shampoo also works grand as a body wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I am making a sage and black tea fusion - going to use it tomorow supposedly is great for dark hair and kills the grey ! I ll let ye know

ALso Apple cider vinegar as a final rinse after washing hair gives great shine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 lmnop

blue_belle wrote: »
    pink lipbalm or pink lip gloss or lip stick doubles up as a nice soft blusher.

lemon juice for spots

and, trust me on this one, smear you whole face with honey and leave it for at least half an hour, the longer the better, and wash it off with warm water, your skin will feel amazing. oh, you should wear a hairband, so as not to get the honey in your hair.

almond oil for nails.

let me know how you get on with the honey "facial"

I tried the honey facial - its really good. Starts to melt and drip after a while so a bit messy. Baby oil is really good for dry hair too. I leave it in for bout 30 mins then wash out. You have to be careful you wash it out properly though - or end up looking like you've greasy hair...lovely..

• Advertisement
Advertisement