Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in Northern Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hehe, well I heard of a few €-£ shops up in Newry, unless I spent the money up there in Euro and got a refund back in GBP :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

D-Boy wrote: »
    +1 its sickening hear them ask for patriotic shopping while at the same time lining their own pockets!!
    Anyway....Iceland and Sainsburys have some great deals especially if your a Vegetarian

local Longford Councillor and former Mayor, was spotted in Newry before christmas with her hubby with two trollies full to the gills of everything and a sizeable amount of drink. After a twenty minute rant on local radio to support the local market!

A guard was doing the rounds with his PSNI counterparts a couple of weeks ago, in Enniskillen. Just driving about and the spotted three young children outside a shopping centre. The guard jumped out and asked what the problem was. they said they were waiting for their mammy. that was okay but the cop car came around again twenty mins later. the guard asked was everything okay. the oldest (10) piped up that she would be back soon. Two hours later the children were still there. the cop hopped out and waited with them for the mother. she came soon after and he asked where she was. she said there was no space left in the car for the children with all the shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sandyshaw

Hi all, im heading to the North for the weekend from Mayo. Im thinking of heading straight to Belfast and then making my way down over the weekend. Can you guys in the know give me a list of all shopping centres from belfast to Newry or anywhere worth while to stop off in. Id really appreciate any help. thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

bombers wrote: »
    Thinking of getting garden furniture set from argos if i bought on uk site will they deliver to galway .3 to 4 hundred cheaper ,anyone done it
    thanks

I just used dealhunter.ie bought something from homebase up north and they deliverd it no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

i'm glad someone made this a Forum on it's own ,now would be possible for the mods to go one further and make a thread with F.A.Q.'s and then lock it. the same questions seem to be popping up like
    euro or sterling when paying for goods
    laser or credit card.
    opening times for sainsburys and asda.
    locations of sainsburys and asda.
    etc.
    this would greatly help out alot of readers and then people could concentrate on the other stuff here like deals in both shops, drink, any bargains.
    just an idea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

i'm glad someone made this a Forum on it's own ,now would be possible for the mods to go one further and make a thread with F.A.Q.'s and then lock it. the same questions seem to be popping up like
    euro or sterling when paying for goods
    laser or credit card.
    opening times for sainsburys and asda.
    locations of sainsburys and asda.
    etc.
    this would greatly help out alot of readers and then people could concentrate on the other stuff here like deals in both shops, drink, any bargains.
    just an idea

You go to the top of the class

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

All,

Anyone know any guys who deliver groceries from NI?

Thansk

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Well there's www.recessionbustours.ie who do grocery deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

viking wrote: »
    Well there's www.recessionbustours.ie who do grocery deliveries.

cheers viking,

was on to them and they dont deliver to navan - yet he said.

I thought there was another that will do everything incl groceries - eg cds, mp3s, fridges, tvs.....

joxer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

joxers25 wrote: »
    cheers viking,

was on to them and they dont deliver to navan - yet he said.

I thought there was another that will do everything incl groceries - eg cds, mp3s, fridges, tvs.....

joxer

You might think of smartsavers.ie which by the looks of it are not longer in business.

But there is also www.dealhunter.ie which do everything under the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Can anyone confirm if Argos in Newry delivers down to Dublin ? If yes, what do they charge for delivery ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Hi Folks

Sorry if this is a silly question, just wondering how bad the traffic jams are around Newry now on Saturday mornings. From Dublin would you be as well heading to somewhere like Enniskillen to try get some bargains? Just looking at normal clothes shopping and probably a load of groceries.

Thanks

mccarte2 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Sorry if this is a silly question, just wondering how bad the traffic jams are around Newry now on Saturday mornings. From Dublin would you be as well heading to somewhere like Enniskillen to try get some bargains? Just looking at normal clothes shopping and probably a load of groceries.

Thanks
    I head to Enniskillen from the west, normally go early sat morns, no parking problems and there are a wide variety of shops

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Guys sorry I know this has been covered before, just can't find it with 100 pages...

On a Sunday, am I right in saying that the earliest you can buy drink in the North (Heading to Asda Enniskillen) is 10am?

Anyone know what time Asda close on the Sunday in Enniskillen? Is it 8pm?

Sorry for repeat question, and thanks :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Guys sorry I know this has been covered before, just can't find it with 100 pages...

On a Sunday, am I right in saying that the earliest you can buy drink in the North (Heading to Asda Enniskillen) is 10am?

Anyone know what time Asda close on the Sunday in Enniskillen? Is it 8pm?

Sorry for repeat question, and thanks :o

Sunday trading hours in the North are 1-6pm including Asda.

Not sure about the alcohol thing, never up there that early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ladysman123

Is it just me or is sainsburys's way cheeper for drink and it has better deals going?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Is it just me or is sainsburys's way cheeper for drink and it has better deals going?

It's just you
    Asda are way cheaper for booze

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

You can compare prices and offers using http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kkpc

I was thinking of going up to newry and i'm looking for advice on where to shop for a flat screen TV, DVD camcorder, a suit, and clothes.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

kkpc wrote: »
    I was thinking of going up to newry and i'm looking for advice on where to shop for a flat screen TV, DVD camcorder, a suit, and clothes.:confused:

Just back from my first ever trip to Newry/the north. Went to the Quayside shopping centre and I must say the shop selection is quite sparse at best. It has a few main stream stores like Aldo, Debenems and River Island but the stock aint great. (oh I also checked out the Buttercrane SC, the GF remarked that it was like the department store from the Father Ted xmas special :pac: ) so I would suggest you head to Belfast if you have a fairly specific list!!!

I was pre-warned that Newry was not the place to go for anything other then grocery shopping so I did not have high expectations dashed, my main objective was to stock up on booze for a communion and the booze is nearly being given away. spent £60 (€68) on..

36 bottles of stella
    a case (6) of Galleo Rose wine
    3 red
    12 500ml Guinness

I totted things up to about €110 in the south for the same items.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

Just back from my first ever trip to Newry/the north. Went to the Quayside shopping centre and I must say the shop selection is quite sparse at best. It has a few main stream stores like Aldo, Debenems and River Island but the stock aint great. (oh I also checked out the Buttercrane SC, the GF remarked that it was like the department store from the Father Ted xmas special :pac: ) so I would suggest you head to Belfast if you have a fairly specific list!!!

I was pre-warned that Newry was not the place to go for anything other then grocery shopping so I did not have high expectations dashed, my main objective was to stock up on booze for a communion and the booze is nearly being given away. spent £60 (€68) on..

36 bottles of stella
    a case (6) of Galleo Rose wine
    3 red
    12 500ml Guinness

I totted things up to about €110 in the south for the same items.
    "Stock up on booze for a communion...."!!!!
    Surely a childrens holy sacrament isn't the time or the place for getting pissed!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭veryangryman

bilko1234 wrote: »
    Surely a childrens holy sacrament isn't the time or the place for getting pissed!!!!!!

Oh i beg to differ

The little fkrs going around with €500 they got from their Auntie. You need drink to tolerate sh1t like that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Oh i beg to differ

The little fkrs going around with €500 they got from their Auntie. You need drink to tolerate sh1t like that :mad:

AMEN!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Squidgie

sandyshaw wrote: »
    Hi all, im heading to the North for the weekend from Mayo. Im thinking of heading straight to Belfast and then making my way down over the weekend. Can you guys in the know give me a list of all shopping centres from belfast to Newry or anywhere worth while to stop off in. Id really appreciate any help. thanks guys

recessionbustours.ie are starting delivering to Galway and Mayo next week or so ;)

bilko1234 wrote: »

FFS. I know this is getting off the point of this facility, but, you either have no kids or they have not reached the age for the "holy sacrement"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jaseman

Absolutely brillinat. Everyone should do it! Not really cheap, just goods at the fair price that they should be. I constantly here people saying "R.O.I. = rip off Ireland" or "we're being fleeced here" but those people continue to pay the rediculous prices. If everyone shopped in the North things would have to change here. Strength in numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

FFS. I know this is getting off the point of this facility, but, you either have no kids or they have not reached the age for the "holy sacrement"
    Ah maybe you're right.
    After all the religous hokum that the children have to put up with before and during their communion, shure don't dey deserve to enjoy shome quality time with pished up parents and relatives. Shure ishn't dhat what itsh all about......

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

there's a good deal on hd ready, JVC hybrid camcorder, @ Argos.co.uk. I guess @ £320 or something & currys.co.uk £99 for sony cybershot 12mp, digi cam. Both available 4 reserve & store pick up. even sick deals, £120 for Toshiba hd camcorder @ play.com! but they do delivery only 2 uk address. hop som day tey will start Ire. delivery service or set up a store in North Ire. hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭veryangryman

peaceboi wrote: »
    there's a good deal on hd ready, JVC hybrid camcorder, @ Argos.co.uk. I guess @ £320 or something & currys.co.uk £99 for sony cybershot 12mp, digi cam. Both available 4 reserve & store pick up. even sick deals, £120 for Toshiba hd camcorder @ play.com! but they do delivery only 2 uk address. hop som day tey will start Ire. delivery service or set up a store in North Ire. hehe

You'll never get any thanks from other boardsies with spelling like that. Ow my eyes!!!! :eek:

You stupid kids - Grow up. All of you - right now! Put down your crackpipes and L-E-A-R-N T-O S-P-E-L-L

Man, Veryangryman :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

whats the story with the rock blasting on the newry road.i hear its 12;00 till 4pm.is that everyday?is it jammers at these times?

Advertisement