Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in Northern Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

there is a wholesaler on the belfast road, just outside newry
    [HTML]
    www.anjowines.com[/HTML] might be worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Where the best place to get drink in Newry? Im going up at the weekend and im looking to get Captain Morgans and Jameson... any advice? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 televissjab

Been trying to contact Argos in Sprucefield to buy the 32 inch that one of you very kindly posted up last week, about three pages back.
    When I ring them, I end up getting through to a number in the UK..
    Any ideas how I can figure out whether or not they have it?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Stillnotworking

just try to reserve it on the Argos UK website, using Sprucefield as the perfered store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Store Lisburn Sprucefield Unit 3, Sprucefield Retail Park Lisburn Co Antrim BT27 5UJ GO to www.argos.co.uk and useing the postcode you should be able to check if they have the tv you will also be able to check nearby argos stores they have some good deals on tv at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

The 32inch is not available to reserve in stores, I just done a check here http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CheckPriceAndStockEntryCmd?storeId=10001&GiftMode=Reset&jspStoreDir=argos&com.ibm.commerce.context.experiment.ExperimentContext=com.ibm.commerce.context.experimentimpl.ExperimentContextImpl%40dbf91d5&action=CheckPriceAndStockEntryCmd%3FlangId%3D-1&langId=-1&ddkey=ArgosGSGiftModeExitCmd and entered the details Cat Number: 529/3805 and Postcode: BT275UJ

because it's a special offer most likely. You could possibly contact irish customer services and ask if they can forward you to the sprucefield store, as its not possible to contact the UK customer service from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

If you don't know anyone in the UK, let me know when you want to travel up and I will have a colleague call argos in Sprucefield and find out if the TV is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

istabrac77 wrote: »
    Looking to get 150 bottles of plonk for weddng in August.
    Does anyone know a wholesale place where I could get that amount of wine?
    Prices are so much cheaper up there and would hope this is the best boards for this .

Thanks a mil
    StroppySu wrote: »
    Id be interested in hearing about this too, wedding in september, is it best to just go into a sainsbury's/asda and ask them for boxes of the stuff?

Just want the cheapest possible way of getting some half decent wine!

France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

Anybody know what the opening hours are for both Sainsbury's Lisburn and Asda Westwood this monday coming? Do they usually open on bank holidays, if so do they use their Sunday hours or are their different opening times altogether?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They will be open at 8am. Normal Monday hours apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Looking to get 150 bottles of plonk for weddng in August.
    Does anyone know a wholesale place where I could get that amount of wine?
    Prices are so much cheaper up there and would hope this is the best boards for this .
    France.

Have a look at Irish Ferries.
    They were recently advertising a return trip including cabin for €99 (not sure if it's still going), spend 6 hours in Cherbourg, you get 2 days on board, bring back as much wine, champagne etc as you want.

Shill. You realise that revenue inspectors read this forum? Thought not, shills lack basic intelligence.

Shill.

Who?

The shills post has been deleted.

Got it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Bam33

Has anyone been to asda this week? What are the £1 specials? I am going up tomorrow but work have blocked all shopping sites on our internet access so I cannot check them out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Hi,

I'm going to Belfast tomorrow for the long weekend.
    On the way though, I would like to do some shopping.
    Where on the way, would I find:
    Next, Dorothy Perkins, A-Wear, Primark/Penneys, and other similar shops?
    Lisburn?
    I was hoping to avoid Newry as it would be too busy.

Thanks!

on pg 14 of todays sun fine gaels senator nicky mc fadden wants everyone who shops in the north to send her their receipts so she can bring the seriousness of the situation to our attention and it can be stopped . i am not sure if this girl has being on the planet long or if he is just here for a visit but someone should get him some help

He wants to stop us shopping in the north?

yes she wants to stop the drain of money out of the country i suppose she is worried that they wont be enough there to pay them and their perks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭D-Boy

+1 its sickening hear them ask for patriotic shopping while at the same time lining their own pockets!!
    Anyway....Iceland and Sainsburys have some great deals especially if your a Vegetarian

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

someone put up a site a while ago where you can check out the price difference between argos north and south, i'm looking for it but theres hundreds of pages to look through. does anyone know it off the top of their head?
    it's ok i found it.
    http://www.cataloguecompare.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Im so proud to be from Dundalk... The want us to shop locally, give us leaflets to encourage us to do so, turns out they got the leaflets printed in Newry why you might ask well the head of Dundalk Chamber of Commerce said it was a free market and they wanted the best value. DOH!!!

Link

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nicky Mc Fadden is a she

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Nicky Mc Fadden is a she

i stand corrected of course she is

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭bombers

Thinking of getting garden furniture set from argos if i bought on uk site will they deliver to galway .3 to 4 hundred cheaper ,anyone done it
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi there,
    haven't been reading this thread and don't fancy looking through 3,000+ posts so if anyone could help I'd appreciate it :)

I'm going to be paying for something worth over 2,000GBP in the UK soon and just wondering what's the best way to get sterling cash? Will I just go into my bank or should I take it out of the wall in the UK when I'm there or get a bank draft or what?

Any help appreciated as it could mean I'd save a few bob, or maybe not :)

Getting 2k in sterling from a hole in a wall will be very tricky as most cards have a small daily limit for cash withdrawls. You are best to go into your bank and get the sterling cash from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the reply. Was just checking to see if there was any crazy €1-£1 methods of getting it :pac:

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Was just checking to see if there was any crazy €1-£1 methods of getting it :pac:
    Christ no. Its banks were talking about here. ;)

Advertisement