Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General beers thread & discussion Next: Iron Man 2- the Woolshed, 7pm, 30th April

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

What? When? Huh? :confused::eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

3rd
    how about we go to d2 on friday instead! we could all go see galvasean do some stand up comedy then head over! make it a great night! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

MizzLolly wrote: »
    What? When? Huh? :confused::eek::confused:

Just throwing out the idea of heading into fibbers for a few some night. Denman has never been but wants to go.

I'd actually be cool with this Fri if dennis man is.

SDooM wrote: »
    Just throwing out the idea of heading into fibbers for a few some night. Denman has never been but wants to go.

I'd actually be cool with this Fri if dennis man is.

I won't be available as I am dying, lol but everyone have a great time! :D

3rd
    how about we go to d2 on friday instead! we could all go see galvasean do some stand up comedy then head over! make it a great night! :D

i just threw d2 out there i dont mind were (altho fibbers is an absolute hole, dorans wud be better imo) so comedy then somewer is what i suggest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

10th
    If I'm free I'll wander along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

i just threw d2 out there i dont mind were (altho fibbers is an absolute hole, dorans wud be better imo) so comedy then somewer is what i suggest!

The venue is Fibbers, that's already been decided, we're just sorting out a day now I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'm happy with Fibbers. Fri may be a little early, I will get back to you on it (soon). I also have one eye on Dominion (again never been there b4).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

10th
    DenMan wrote: »
    I'm happy with Fibbers. Fri may be a little early, I will get back to you on it (soon). I also have one eye on Dominion (again never been there b4).

Dominion is a bit pricier and the dress code is a bit more extreme. Not for everyone... :)

This Friday is good for me, or even Friday next week. :p
    MizzLolly wrote:
    I won't be available as I am dying, lol but everyone have a great time!

Ah thats shoite! get better soon. :)

Personally I would prefer a later date than this week tbh. Give people a chance to come if they like. Although we could prob go see Galva anyway :D

Dominion would be a no no for a boards beers I feel, while people might chance their arm for a fibbeers they wouldn't with dominion.

• Advertisement

Personally I would prefer a later date than this week tbh. Give people a chance to come if they like. Although we could prob go see Galva anyway :D

Dominion would be a no no for a boards beers I feel, while people might chance their arm for a fibbeers they wouldn't with dominion.

Hi Doomy

You are right man. I would definitely be up for it in the next couple of weeks or so, Fri sounds great. Just to give me and everybody else a little bit more time.

Why is that with Dominion? Just curious as in the near future it would be a great place to go. We did have a chat about it recently. From what I have been hearing of it so far, it is highly recommended. Also The Foggy Dew, Hogans, Eamon Dorans and The Neptune could be possibilities.

We could always have a few in all of them, just to get the feel of them. :)

Hi Doomy

You are right man. I would definitely be up for it in the next couple of weeks or so, Fri sounds great. Just to give me and everybody else a little bit more time.

Why is that with Dominion? Just curious as in the near future it would be a great place to go. We did have a chat about it recently. From what I have been hearing of it so far, it is highly recommended. Also The Foggy Dew, Hogans, Eamon Dorans and The Neptune could be possibilities.

Because Dominion is an industrial Goth night club as opposed to fibbers which is a rock bar. Very important difference :)

We've already done the foggy and EDs, and will prob do ED's again, but not the foggy, as it isn't really suitable for a big gang of people. Just the layout of the place, as a pub it's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

3rd
    we could all go see galvasean do some stand up comedy then head over! make it a great night! :D
    Although we could prob go see Galva anyway :D

Oh I do declare. :o

Methinks its time I gave my PR man a raise..

Hi Doomy

The Foggy Dew, Dorans and Fibbers are all regular rock/metal bars, with Fibbers leaning a bit towards goth but not very far (usually just emo kids and a few older Manson/NIN types) while Dominion is a goth/industrial club which is a bit more extreme. Fibbers is like Diet Dominion if ya know what I mean? So tis not everyones cup of tea and not really a good idea for a forum beers

10th
    Orestes speaketh the truth. Never been to Dominion, not my scene, though I don't mind industrial music. It's grand by all accounts, just not the right vibe for a boards beers.

Orestes speaketh the truth.

I would have though that goes without saying at this point? :pac:

10th
    orestes wrote: »
    I would have though that goes without saying at this point? :pac:

Whatever makes you happy. ;)

Thanks for nudging me in the right direction there guys. It is looking by all accounts that we are gearing towards Fibbers. (which is all fine and dandy by me) :)

Fibbers it is.

Thanks for nudging me in the right direction there guys. It is looking by all accounts that we are gearing towards Fibbers. (which is all fine and dandy by me) :)

Fibbers it is.

Excellent. Any day in mind yet?

10th
    As far as music goes it's pretty much like this...

Doran's - Pop & Rock with the odd metal song.
    Fibbers - Rock & Metal with the odd 80's pop tune creeping in. :pac:
    Dominion - Industrial, Goth techno type stuff, electro etc...

As Doom said, Dominion isn't really suitable for a general beers. :)

• Advertisement

Hi orestes

For everybody it's a Friday that I think a lot of people (myself included) seem to be most happy about.

Is ther a day picked for the stand up? I don't want to conflictatise that at all.

Dord wrote: »
    Ah thats shoite! get better soon. :)

Thankies dear! :)

and I noticed that pic has crawled it's way onto a boardsie's bebo page... :o The shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

3rd
    Is ther a day picked for the stand up? I don't want to conflictatise that at all.

A little bird told me its on the <snip>

10th
    MizzLolly wrote: »
    Thankies dear! :)

and I noticed that pic has crawled it's way onto a boardsie's bebo page... :o The shame!

What pic? :eek:

/goes to check bebo

Hey peeps, considering going to see Galvasean's comedy show tomorrow night in the nep, anyone else wanna come along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Hey peeps, considering going to see Galvasean's comedy show tomorrow night in D2, anyone else wanna come along?

What time is it at?

3rd
    Hey peeps, considering going to see Galvasean's comedy show tomorrow night in D2, anyone else wanna come along?

ill be there! but theres one slight difference, the gig is on downstairs in the flowing tide pub, lower abbey street!

(d2 was the original plan for the after party :p)
    Bryn wrote: »
    What time is it at?

doors whenever you arrive, show starts at 9/half 9!

The nep? Im there.

Let us known when ye'll be there, I am in no mood to drink on my toblerone!

• Advertisement

3rd
    The nep? Im there.

Let us known when ye'll be there, I am in no mood to drink on my toblerone!

more than likely we will be there at 8/half 8 (we always get to the neptune early for some reason) ill give ya a bell when i know for sure! any one else interested?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement