Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro Social League Mon/Tues 2008

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

all those lads play each other and we play ravenhill and full irish. loosing from now on is not an option. we can finish 3rd with a good run, but with a bit of luck and a great run of results and one or 2 draws in the other clashes we can push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Just done a qucik tot up there and out of the top 5, Oak Tree, Glenwood and ourselves only play other top 5 sides 2 more times. Whereas The Full Irish and Ravenhill play 4 games against the top sides. Which makes Oak Tree favourites by a long shot as they're already ahead. We can still do it I reckon. But we'll need a healthy dose of luck

Oak Tree won. Glenwood beat the Full Irish. Not great results for us tbh.

theres a 3 weeks period coming up where all the top teams play each other, we play ravenhill during this. this will decide where we finish. its vital we pick up 15 points from the 5 games against teams from the bottom half. if we dont do that, then we dont deserve to finish in the top 3 let alone win it.

its oak trees to lose now, they have 6 points on us and 3 points on the full irish. all we can do anyway is just keep winning and aim for the 40 point mark. we wont be far off top spot if we do that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Oak Tree were beaten last night by Coca Cola.

• Advertisement

Oak Tree were beaten last night by Coca Cola.

what??????????????? the league is back on!!!!!

we must,must, win tonight

Sweetness. About ****ing time they slipped up as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Glenwood beat Coffin Dodgers 3-0 last night and are now top with 30 points and 14 games played.

How did we not beat them that time. Ugh.

Glenwood beat Perrem 1-0 last night. They're ten points ahead of us now. Though we've 3 in hand.

• Advertisement

Oak Tree and Full Irish drew. Great result for us. Just need Glenwood and Oak Tree to slip up once more and we can sneak it. Ravenhill won as well.

Full Irish drew! So we're ahead of them now!! Yipee. Hopefully Ravenhill nicked some points from Oak Tree!

Ravenhill beat Oak Tree!! Super stuff!! Now we can finish above Oak Tree!

overall not a good week for us as glenwood and oak tree won but at least it looks like full irish drew with i china!!!!!!! (i think)

its glenwoods to lose now really which is a shame as we played them off the park and dropped 2 points against them.

still lads, we need to press on and get as many points as we can and hope for the best.

Think it's over now but no reason we shouldn't attempt to finish on a high and build for next season.

Glenwood beat Coca Cola last night so unless we score 10 goals per game and Glenwood lose their last one we can't win the league. Ah well, we gave it a good shot

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Glenwood beat Coca Cola last night so unless we score 10 goals per game and Glenwood lose their last one we can't win the league. Ah well, we gave it a good shot

we need to go out and win our last 3 games. end of :)

we need to go out and win our last 3 games. end of :)

What are the plans for the summer league then are we going to stay in the bottom most available league or are we going to move up a division?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've already applied for Tuesday nights.

I think we struggle against the real top sides.

As illustrated by our probable league eventual league position.

What are the plans for the summer league then are we going to stay in the bottom most available league or are we going to move up a division?

Keith, the division number means f&ck all. its down to day, location and whether you want to play medium, social or high. most teams chose social anyway. there is only 1 high division (1) and then the rest are mostly social. last year we were social 9 and there were divisions 10, 11, 12 and 13. we were also in division 5 last summer. we struggled with numbers all summer.

the difference between 2 and 11 is minimal.

• Advertisement

It's not that minimal. Look at the last three top teams we came up against (SS, Fred West, Tempelogue). They all finished mid table. Assume they were in medium standard of course. But they were all superior sides to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

If we win our last 3 games and Glenwood lose their last game does that mean we finish level on points and lose the league on goal difference?

I think we could take great pride from doing that so we should still absolutely aim for it, with a view to definitely securing second place - that's progress.

I don't think any comparison should be made against teams we played in previous seasons - our team has clearly moved up a level in terms of ability this season and once consistency comes with that we would be more than a match for the likes of Fred West who we were a level below last time.

I think there'll be at least one or two teams to really challenge us in any of these leagues so same league again or one or two up would seem to be the right fit.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    It's not that minimal. Look at the last three top teams we came up against (SS, Fred West, Tempelogue). They all finished mid table. Assume they were in medium standard of course. But they were all superior sides to us.

compare the team we had now and to the team we had then. overall, this season has been nothing but positive, we have made massive improvements and while we still need to improve on 1/2 small things (center mid and silly mistakes), we are headed in the right direction. the commitment has improved and by in large, the same 15/16 lads have been to almost every game. a few lads only turned up when it suited them but they probably wont be around the coming season anyway.

and the standard of our league is alot higher than i expected. theres some cracking sides in our league this year as good as any of those fred west ham or ss rovers.

season comes down to 3 games - the 3 after christmas where we lost 2 and drew 1in games where we made silly mistakes and missed chances by the bucket. had we been more tuned in there, we would have the league won by now.

but as i said, weve done very well and with the new season straight away, gives us a chance to start on a positive note. we must, i mean must do well in the next 3 games. even 7 points would be a great way to end the season.

we need 2/3 more players in though and they need to be top quality. last season we added 4 or 5 excellent players, now we just need more of the same.

i china beat oak tree :eek::eek::eek::eek:

they picked up 1 point from 15 games and now in the last 2, they have drawn with Full irish and beaten oak tree. shocking

what this now means is 4 points from lat 2 games will guarantee us 2nd spot. lets do our best to achieve at least that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement