Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro Social League Mon/Tues 2008

Options
  • 07-10-2008 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

a thread to keep an eye on the others in our league. while its right to just concentrate on ourselves and not worry bout anybody else, its no harm either to see what the others are like and who to look out for.

coca cola beat coffin dodgers 3-0 tonight and the other 2 teams aint updated their games yet on the site.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

should I sticky this?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Des wrote: »
    should I sticky this?

ya sure, no harm.

glenwood and oak tree drew 4-4 :eek: . i think glenwood will be decent, so maybe both teams are.

Sounds like shíte defences to me tbh.

full results from day 1 -

1 TUE OCT 7 Boardeaux 5 1 I-China
    1 TUE OCT 7 Glenwood Rovers 4 4 Oak Tree Press
    1 TUE OCT 7 Ravenhill 3 1 Bar Real
    1 MON OCT 6 Coffin Dodgers 0 3 Coca Cola

the other 2 teams didnt play as there is working going on at one of the pitches for 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Ravenhill are poor (even though we struggled against them last year) so suprised to see them win. Interesting anyway. Wouldn't read anything into Coca Cola beating Coffin Dodgers either as they're muck.

Coca Cola and Perrem drew 2-2 last night

Bar Real 0 1 The full irish

full results so far, the 10.00 games not included....we should be 4th or 5th anwyay...long long way to go and we can still afford to drop more points, however, we need to pick up 3 or 4 wins from our next few games.

3 MON OCT 20 Ravenhill 0 0 Boardeaux
    2 TUE OCT 14 Bar Real 0 1 The full irish
    2 TUE OCT 14 Coffin Dodgers 4 1 I-China
    2 TUE OCT 14 Glenwood Rovers 2 0 Boardeaux
    2 MON OCT 13 Perrem Design Hardware 2 2 Coca Cola
    1 TUE OCT 7 Boardeaux 5 1 I-China
    1 TUE OCT 7 Glenwood Rovers 4 4 Oak Tree Press
    1 TUE OCT 7 Ravenhill 3 1 Bar Real
    1 MON OCT 6 Coffin Dodgers 0 3 Coca Cola

glenwood beat the coffin dodgers 10-0:eek:

looks like they defo are the team to beat as i thought they would be...full irish also look strong.

• Advertisement

10-0? Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    10-0? Ffs

was talking to the ref tonight, coffin dodgers only had 9 men for that match. They'd of been better off giving a walkover.

TEAM P W D L F A +/- PTS
    1 Ravenhill 4 3 1 0 8 2 6 10
    2 Glenwood Rovers 3 2 1 0 16 4 12 7
    3 The full irish 3 2 1 0 9 6 3 7
    4 Boardeaux 4 2 1 1 6 3 3 7
    5 Perrem Design Hardware 3 2 0 1 4 2 0 6
    6 Coca Cola 3 1 1 1 8 7 1 4
    7 Coffin Dodgers 4 1 0 3 5 16 -11 3
    8 Oak Tree Press 3 0 2 1 7 9 -1 2
    9 Bar Real 2 0 0 2 1 4 -3 0
    10 I-China 3 0 0 3 2 11 -9 0

we are 4th, level with 2nd and 3rd on goal difference, tho they have a game in hand.

ravenhill beat perrim 3-0 last night meaning that every team has now dropped at least 2 points. our worst case scenario is as it stands, when everybody evens up on games, which may not happen until the last week is 5th, but only 3 off first place. as we expected its the 3 teams that we have already played before this year, glenwood, ravenhill and the full irish that lead the way. after next week, we will have played all 3 and i think, that oak tree, will also be in the shake up, they have taken points off 2 of those 3 teams already.

so, next week is massive, most important game of the first round of 10 for us. if we win next week, not only will we fasten a place in at least the top 3, we could move 2nd and then, we have the potential to go on a run over the next 4 games against the teams currenly below us. next week will tell us alot, vital we at the least, dont loose.

Quite clear already that their are no SS Rovers or Tempelogues in this league. ie all the teams at the top are of a similar standard. Or to put it another way, we should win the league if we play to the best of our ability for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Yeah so im gonna be commuting to and from carlow/kilkenny, so would like to rejoin the team. Sorry for the confusion.

LOTP wrote: »
    Yeah so im gonna be commuting to and from carlow/kilkenny, so would like to rejoin the team. Sorry for the confusion.

So you'll be able to play or not? I'm confused :D

LOTP wrote: »

welcome back peter, tho to be honest, you never really left us :)

Except for that game were he left us ;)

lads, next weeks game is huge. while it wont cost us the league if we loose it, it will make it alot harder. if we win this, we will be in a massive position going on and we can potentially go on a run then in the next 5 games, to set us up nicely for playing glenwood and ravenhill. would be nice to be ahead of those 2 when we play them

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    So you'll be able to play or not? I'm confused :D

Yeah im gonna play. So yes, you have a lift again :D

• Advertisement

That's all I care about ;)

yo....update on the scores, looks like we were the only team that didnt play our game :(

anyway, no shocks, looks like its as we knew, ravenhill and glenwood the teams to beat. no updates to some scores and i couldn be arsed couting, but ill put in brackets the result off the table.

ravenhill are flying, but we can get to within 3 of them with our game in hand.

6 TUE NOV 11 Coca Cola 3 Ravenhill (ravenhill win)
    6 TUE NOV 11 I-China 3 Glenwood Rovers (glenwood win)
    6 TUE NOV 11 Oak Tree Press 5 Coffin Dodgers (oak tree win)
    6 MON NOV 10 Bar Real 2 Perrem Design Hardware (bar real win)

we stay in fourth even though we didnt play, which is a good sign, so we know what we need to do.

so, miniumum requirement in next 4 games is 12 points now,they are the teams below us, no excuses
    , which then brings us back to glenwood. it would be great to have gone through a round of games unbeaten when we play them. so, 12 points it is lads, we should be capable of doing it and if we do, cant see us being more than 1 point off the top.

glenwood beat full irish 1-0 so means we are 3rd now if we get a 3-0 win....pity it wasnt a draw tho. on the upside, them and ravenhill meet each other next week and then ravenhill play full irish the week after. a couple of draws there and were sorted....

we are doing ok so far, 10 points from 5 and 3 off top, best position we have been in. normally, we have alot of points dropped by now. next 3 weeks are vital, 3 wins, which we can well achieve and we will be top going into glenwood game.

so after 5 games, we are 3rd. top plays second next week so w can close the 3 point gap with a win......

ravenhill hit i china for 9. and it looks like gary scored 6 for them:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

so after 5 games, we are 3rd. top plays second next week so w can close the 3 point gap with a win......

ravenhill hit i china for 9. and it looks like gary scored 6 for them:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

We should have got into double figures against them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

a couple of lucky bounces is all ;)

ravenhill won 1-0 ffs....that puts them 6 clear at the top tho we have a game in hand. we are now level with glenwood in 2nd, same amounts of points and games played. so, ravenhill are unbeaten. our only blemish is our defeat to glenwood. its a tight league and all the teams are level with each other. hopefully ravenhill drop points against the full irish next week or else that puts pressure on us.

we play coca cola, another must win game. if we are only interested in a battle for 2nd, then we can afford to drop points but it looks like ravenhill wont drop much and their only dropped points were against us

Worst possible result for us. However, we're only a third of the way through our games. Ravenhill will slip up though.

I China and Bar Real drew 2-2. Finally off the mark :D

• Advertisement

Where are Bar Real in the league?

Does it look like iChina got new players, or do you reckon Bar Real were down a few?

Fúck it, iChina better not be iBrazil now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement